TPA's DK Tobacco Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Wow! These complicated DK-Tab recipes are very disconcerting. The one and only Dekang juice I adore is DK-Tab, but I don't want to buy the Chinese juice (hope no one takes offense at that). Aren't there any really basic DK-Tab recipes, based in any of the various brands of flavoring? Nearly two years away from DIY, and I feel like a brand spanking new noob:blush:. Intimidation factor's sky-high, again:rolleyes:!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wow! These complicated DK-Tab recipes are very disconcerting. The one and only Dekang juice I adore is DK-Tab, but I don't want to buy the Chinese juice (hope no one takes offense at that). Aren't there any really basic DK-Tab recipes, based in any of the various brands of flavoring? Nearly two years away from DIY, and I feel like a brand spanking new noob:blush:. Intimidation factor's sky-high, again:rolleyes:!

I just mix 1 ml of DK Tobacco in 29 ml of nic, pg, and vg and let sit for a few weeks to steep. End of story.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yup. So you haven't found that it produces the odor that some folks are warning of? If you've tried the Dekang DK-Tab, is this gloriously basic recipe above similar? Thanks in advance!

When I got my first batch of flavorings almost 2 years ago, some of the flavorings smelled pretty strong. I kept them in a plastic bag inside a box inside a drawer. I could still smell them just a little when I walked by the drawer. It wasn't a bad smell so much as just a strong one.

If anything, the strongest, nastiest smell seems to come from the caramel flavoring, not the tobaccos. Maybe, my caramel flavoring is bad?

I had been assuming that you meant the TFA DK tobacco. Where are you getting DK-Tab? Can you provide a link?

Either way, I tend to mix all tobaccos at about 3.3% to start with.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Wish I read this before I ordered some today, could have gone without. My mailman thinks I'm weird enough as it is. Can't do anything about that now. I'm not afraid to try it when it gets here though, going to start at 2%, hot bath and 2-3 day steep. Will keep my fingers crossed with one hand, nose pinched with the other hand if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread