Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
UK general environment: the government wants to ban ecigs in order to protect pharmaceutical and cigarette industry incomes, and tax revenues. If a regulation can be interpreted in two ways - or in a range of ways - then you can be assured that it will be interpreted as strictly as possible (as the goal is to ban ecigs).

Surely their goal is not to ban ecigs, but just make it so that only big business can sell (crap) e-cigs and control the market...

Vuse e-cig from RJ Reynolds - with new technology
FlavourArtUK said:
Companies like RJ Reynolds Vapor have the resources to develop products that will keep the regulators satisfied and enable them to dominate the market by flooding it, with the aid of multi-million dollar marketing.

Just one of the features incorporated in the Vuse to ensure repeat purchases...

"End-of-Cartridge Automatic Cutoff – The VUSE Cartridges were designed to permanently disable when empty, to prevent degradation of structural materials and consumer refill"

Vapers and vaping as we know it are being corralled into an ever decreasing space, slowly but surely.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"End-of-Cartridge Automatic Cutoff – The VUSE Cartridges were designed to permanently disable when empty, to prevent degradation of structural materials and consumer refill"

This is something that Every person in the USA who Uses an e-Cigarette should be Alarmed by.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
This is something that Every person in the USA who Uses an e-Cigarette should be Alarmed by.

Agreed, however if it happens that these carto's would be the only thing available with nic, just try stopping me from squeezing out every single drop, I have my ways. Muahhahahahahaha!

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
This is something environmentalists should be recruited to help fight. Millions of batteries, engineered to have a short life, being disposed of on a regular basis? Not good.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agreed, however if it happens that these carto's would be the only thing available with nic, just try stopping me from squeezing out every single drop, I have my ways. Muahhahahahahaha!

I hope your Right.

Because One has to ask why a Company would Develop a Product that Surely can Not Compete on the Current Market if they Didn't think it would be Viable in a Future Market?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is something environmentalists should be recruited to help fight. Millions of batteries, engineered to have a short life, being disposed of on a regular basis? Not good.

I think Reynolds foresaw that Eventuality.

Because when Reynolds did their Initial PR Roll-Out, they Touted a Battery Recycling Program that they would Offer.

BT Isn't Stupid. And I don't see them Tripping on an Environmental Crack in the Sidewalk over Batteries.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I think Reynolds foresaw that Eventuality.

Because when Reynolds did their Initial PR Roll-Out, they Touted a Battery Recycling Program that they would Offer.

BT Isn't Stupid. And I don't see them Tripping on an Environmental Crack in the Sidewalk over Batteries.

Come on, when have facts ever balked a wound-up environmentalist?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - I don't have a Very Good Pulse on what the Backlash is in Europe right now.

But it wouldn't Surprise me if it Wasn't so much about the Hardware. Because I think there are Ways to get around that. I would Imagine what is Devastating is the Way in which and the mg Levels that e-Liquids are going to be Available / Sold.

I think a Similar thing with Happen here in the USA.

Workarounds for Hardware. But a Drastic Change in the way a Person can Obtain > 0mg e-Liquids.

Vermonster13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Rutland, Vermont
The only way governments will ever be happy is when all money is given directly to them and us commoners are doled out an allowance for food, heat and shelter. We will be allowed a small amount of entertainment (bread and circuses) to keep us compliant. Every government grows while liberty dwindles until it either topples or over extends to the point of being unable to effectively oppress its citizens and is revolted against or conquered by outside forces.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
@sebt:
good posting.

Oh we are shouting alright.
As is our right as people, citizens, human beings.

We are done being quiet, silent, polite, friendly. We did that. For a long time. Believing in reason, believing in the ability of those opposed to vaping to see reason, to read the studies that we provided, to make decisions on the basis of fact. Ha ha ha ha ! Good joke. :evil:
And all that politeness and appealing to reason brought us as much benefit as if a cockroach had been quiet, silent, polite and friendly.

- Oh, and without our screaming, yelling, being vocal, being loud and making our voices heard, there would not even have been this "compromise". Without our activities - loud activitites - vaping would have been summarily banned - completely prohibited, completely forbidden, like Snus outside Sweden - on 8 October 2013 already.

Even this silly "compromise" is due to our being very very loud.
If we had not been so loud, the EU would have stepped on us, completely, on 8 Oct 2013, like stepping on a friendly, silent, polite little cockroach. Crushed that polite little cockroach under their heavy boot. Bye, cockroach, and thank you for being silent about it.

We are done being quiet.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hattivatti

Jun 1, 2014
Finland
EU member states have 2 years to ratify that directive into their own legislation. After that there is 6 months transfer period and after that it takes effect. As far as I know none of the member states has not started that process.

I am quite sure that there will be court cases when first member state has adopted that directive: at least ECITA has prepared for legal challenge against it.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Thanks Hattivatti. I wasn't sure about those details, but seems obvious now that you say it.

So, reality is not much has changed just yet, but politically, it is in motion to change fairly drastically and of course our side hopes it can be mitigated so that it is less harsh, more reasonable? Obviously, best case scenario is current status quo remains indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread