FDA trans fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
oh that sucks. I'm sorry.I can't imagine being unable to eat fat. You could do low carb... But you'd have to live off pure protein. That could be quite expensive, and pointless, since it would be converted quickly to glycogen anyway. I've anyway lost my sweet tooth. Used to love coke, had one a few days ago and could barely finish, it was so stinking sweet

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
My hubs did the Atkins diet twice in the past and lost lots of weight each time and his cholesterol went down. He loves bacon and eggs so he didn't have a real hard time, he did miss bread lots though. He's now doing a diet prescribed by a trainer at our local gym and is consuming mostly rice and chicken and along with working out he's doing pretty good keeping his weight off.

I'm one of those who was never able to gain weight no matter what. After each of my children were born the weight melted off in a matter of weeks. I didn't like it, always felt like a Kate Moss look alike. About 5 years ago though I was put on progestin to treat a condition and I packed on over 40 pounds over the next few years. That really opened my eyes to how ones own body chemisty really can influence weight. I loved having some wiggle to my walk but soon became uncomfortable so I stopped taking the progestin back in April and have since lost 10 pounds by merely sitting around on my ..... Looks like I'll be back to where I was before in a year or so. Goodbye cute .....

Reactions: Kent C

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
oh that sucks. I'm sorry.I can't imagine being unable to eat fat. You could do low carb... But you'd have to live off pure protein. That could be quite expensive, and pointless, since it would be converted quickly to glycogen anyway. I've anyway lost my sweet tooth. Used to love coke, had one a few days ago and could barely finish, it was so stinking sweet

Gawd yes... I used to live on Pepsi, probably a gallon a day or more; now I may have 1 or 2 sodas a month, Pepsi or Dr Pepper -- usually when we're doing the housework at my mom's house; she stocks soda like it's the water of life, and the caffeine/sugar does keep me going for a whole day of housework -- but I feel like my whole body is vibrating on the ride home, and I can hardly wait to get back home where I can have decaf tea, which is sweet, but nothing like soda -- just mildly sweet to knock down the bitterness just a little (I like my tea strong! so it's kinda bitter without a little sugar).

I do try to eat a fair amount of protein, but that can also play hell, with the IBS going on -- hence the high-fiber. My whole digestive system I think is still recuperating from a very high-fat diet I consumed as a child, with all that meat, and I suppose stress is the bad guy, with the IBS -- I have a strong tendency to internalize stress, and it seems to run straight to my colon and put up a roadblock! Or sometimes a racetrack! :facepalm:

My mom laughs at how careful I have to be with my diet, but she's stuck in a wheelchair with diabetes, so I don't think my hyper-awareness is misplaced at all.

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
My hubs did the Atkins diet twice in the past and lost lots of weight each time and his cholesterol went down. He loves bacon and eggs so he didn't have a real hard time, he did miss bread lots though
The wife and I did the Atkins diet hard back when it first started.
It worked very well for weight loss, and my good cholesterol went up and bad went down.

But back then, since it was a "fad" there were lots of low-carb products and that made it easier.
But it is a hard diet to continue indefinitely, and more so now that it is no longer a fad.

The bread is the thing here.
At least for me anyway.

The wife and I do Weight Watchers now for the most part.
And that works too, but not quite as well.

So when we want to drop a quick 5 pounds in a week, we go back to low-carb.
We generally start a week before Thanksgiving, or a week before Christmas, or a week before vacation.

This way of living works very well, and suits us.
Especially since a week is about all I can tolerate on the low-carb diet without the low-carb products.

A person can only eat so much butter, bacon, cheese, and steak.

Just my pennies.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread