Transition from Cigarettes to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

navydavy

Jul 4, 2015
Horsham, PA
I'm Dave and I have been reading here for about 2 weeks, and I have to say, this place has the MOST knowledge I've ever seen about vaping. I've been vaping for about 3 weeks now. Week One, I was still smoking and vaping with a Veppo Vault. Small tank, but did the job, and taught me how vaping is different than cigarettes. I knew after about two weeks, and getting "vape envy" at work, that I wanted more. By this time, I was smoking less, and even switched to ultralight cigs. I was snoring less and less at night. I went to my local vape shop, great people, and did some research. I settled on a Nautilus Aspire and iStick combo and couldn't be happier. I haven't had ANY cigarette in over 24 hours, and am loving the whole vape scene. My 65 year old mother, my wife, and my kids are totally for it. I was vaping a vanilla custard last night, and had to go out at 10pm and buy us all cinnamon buns! I remember that last cigarette I had. It was actually kind of gross.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and getting the best experience I can!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@navydavy - WELCOME!

Once I "really" started vaping, I was still smoking for a few more weeks. Finally got to a point where I couldn't justify spending money on cigarettes AND vapey-things. Smoked my last one about 16 months ago and haven't looked back.

(You didn't get *ME* any cinnamon buns.....:sneaky: )

Nickstive

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Western NY
I suffered from some serious vape envy when I first made the switch back in January. I went from a protank with a spinner, to a subtank with an istick, bought an itaste MVP 3.0 and now finally, I've settled on the sigelei 150w and various RDAs along with an Orchid RTA. Don't judge me, I have an addiction

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Good deal .... but remember, its a transition, not a total reversal.... eventually you may just get the desire to have a ciggie... if you have the fortitude to fight it... kewl... if not, have the ciggie and remember that you have cut back tremendiously ... its not about total switch over its about getting off of ciggies... some can do it instantly and others take months... dont base your success on the ones who quit in one moment...

kind of like dating someone for a few years before you marry them as to marrying on the first date... :)

WindyCityJoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome @navydavy and congrars on the switch. Might want to keep a small bottle of the next higher nic level on hand in case you get that craving for a ciggie, just use the higher nic juice to curb the cravings. If you were or are still in the Navy, thanks for your service and happy 4th to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread