Transition from Cigarettes to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktcmojo

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
I'm Dave and I have been reading here for about 2 weeks, and I have to say, this place has the MOST knowledge I've ever seen about vaping. I've been vaping for about 3 weeks now. Week One, I was still smoking and vaping with a Veppo Vault. Small tank, but did the job, and taught me how vaping is different than cigarettes. I knew after about two weeks, and getting "vape envy" at work, that I wanted more. By this time, I was smoking less, and even switched to ultralight cigs. I was snoring less and less at night. I went to my local vape shop, great people, and did some research. I settled on a Nautilus Aspire and iStick combo and couldn't be happier. I haven't had ANY cigarette in over 24 hours, and am loving the whole vape scene. My 65 year old mother, my wife, and my kids are totally for it. I was vaping a vanilla custard last night, and had to go out at 10pm and buy us all cinnamon buns! I remember that last cigarette I had. It was actually kind of gross.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and getting the best experience I can!
Its helping me too Dave!! No more stinky clothes, hair and breath and it actually TASTES GOOD!!

Reactions: navydavy

Nickstive

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Western NY
After two weeks of not smoking the stinkies, I went outside and someone was lightning up and it honestly made me throw up. After that, I knew I never wanted another one. I'll stick to my tasty vapor flavors like apple melon and vanilla custard. Know that the longer you go without any tobacco, the less you'll want it.

ktcmojo

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
After 43 surgeries (yes FORTY THREE) I was put on disability and get NOTHING like the money I used to make. When I think about how much I was spending (150-200 a month) and what I will spend NOW..........maybe THIRTY............I could kick myself in the head for not doing it earlier but I just learned about all this a few months ago but MAAAAAAAAN can I use that extra money!!!
I can get cheese now!!!:w00t:

Teo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Appleton, WI
My avatar is when I was on the DEATH Sticks! :eek:

And now today, after being off of those P.O.S.- Stroke inducing (April 10th,2010) for over 5 years now! :thumb:

It was an EASY choice for me!! :party:

Attachments

• Teo.jpg
    Teo.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: navydavy

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Good deal .... but remember, its a transition, not a total reversal.... eventually you may just get the desire to have a ciggie... if you have the fortitude to fight it... kewl... if not, have the ciggie and remember that you have cut back tremendiously ... its not about total switch over its about getting off of ciggies... some can do it instantly and others take months... dont base your success on the ones who quit in one moment...

kind of like dating someone for a few years before you marry them as to marrying on the first date... :)

Outstanding advice, Bunny. That actually makes me feel more at ease than just saying, No, never again.

Steelgirl, congrats on your upcoming milestone! I hope I fare as well as you!

After two weeks of not smoking the stinkies, I went outside and someone was lightning up and it honestly made me throw up. After that, I knew I never wanted another one. I'll stick to my tasty vapor flavors like apple melon and vanilla custard. Know that the longer you go without any tobacco, the less you'll want it.

If you do get the urge, find someone who is smoking a cigarette and take a couple of sniffs. That will help a lot, especially as you're not one of those people who vapes tobacco-flavored juice (although even that smells better than a real cigarette. Cigarette smoke smells stale and rank to me now even if it is fresh.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread