Traveling to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

xksl

Jul 30, 2017
Greetings.

I will be spending 2 weeks in Canada starting on the second of August.
I'll travel by plane, to Toronto, then Vancouver.

I've read countless forum posts on reddit and other sites regarding e-juices, but I cannot really understand the whole situation at the customs.

I'm planning to bring about 100ml of 9mg juice with me.

If I'm not mistaking, from what I've read, I should be good to go if I put it into my checked luggage.

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi and welcome,
Pack it with your meds, you should be fine.
Only juice? no devices?
In carry on, max bottle size is 100ml. A 100ml bottle actually holds more than 100ml, so it will not be permitted.
2X50ml is a better option.
Always a good idea to check with the companies you will be flying.
Liquids Rule

safe travels
I

Reactions: dobroeutro

xksl

Jul 30, 2017
Of course I'll be taking my mod and my tank aswell.

Actually, it's me and my brother, so in total it would be 2 mods and 2 tanks, and in total about 150ml of the mentioned liquid.

I'm only planning to bring like 1 refill worth of liquid on the plane, because I'll have some time to kill at my first stop, but I was sure about packing the rest into my checked luggage.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Of course I'll be taking my mod and my tank aswell.

Actually, it's me and my brother, so in total it would be 2 mods and 2 tanks, and in total about 150ml of the mentioned liquid.

I'm only planning to bring like 1 refill worth of liquid on the plane, because I'll have some time to kill at my first stop, but I was sure about packing the rest into my checked luggage.
Sounds like fun.
Just remember,
No batteries in checked bags.
Loose batteries need to be in a protective case(s).
Tanks should be empty or they will leak in flight.

Bottles of juice, I double zipper bag, just in case. :shock:

Cheers
I

xksl

Jul 30, 2017
Sounds like fun.
Just remember,
No batteries in checked bags.
Loose batteries need to be in a protective case(s).
Tanks should be empty or they will leak in flight.

Bottles of juice, I double zipper bag, just in case. :shock:

Cheers
I

I'm lucky enough to travel, and I've been to Rome a few weeks ago.
I've did the exact same as you've mentioned, and I had no problems, not even with the liquid.

But my issue is that I'm traveling outside of the EU, and more importantly to Canada, where the rules are way more strict.

Judging by your profile I'm sure you've encountered many issues about traveling to Canada, but I'm not quite sure whether you've understood my problem.

As I've mentioned, I've read a dozen of forum posts and official websites of the Canadian goverment related to goods that I'm able to bring in, but I haven't found a single anwser that states whether I'll have any problems with e-juice.

Some sites say that it will be seized at the customs, and I shouldn't even try to hide it. (Not that I wouldn't declare it if the officer would question it.)

At the same time, some sites / users say that with a couple tricks up my sleeves, such as yours, that I should pack it with my medications could go a long way, and I should have no problems bringing it with me.

If nothing works, I'll just get back to tobacco for 2 weeks. At least I can bring up to 200 sticks with me without any issues.

Still, thank you for your previous reply, and I'm waiting for your next one.

(Also, don't take this post in a wrong way. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, I'm just rather baffled that not even the official sites has given me information regarding e-juice.)

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
From what I have read...as a tourist, you should have little to no problem bringing personal amounts of e liquid into Canada. The general consensus seems to be " don't ask, don't tell".

Subterfuge is always an option as well.
shampoo-bottles-diy-1.jpg

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread