Traveling to UK Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Planning a trip to London in the spring but confused about what I can carry and use. I'm not worried about what can be sold. Here are my questions.

1. I understand tanks must be 2mil or less. Any thing else to consider?

2. I mix my own liquid. How should I transport that? Can I put a large bottle in my checked luggage and carry a smaller 10mil bottle? Will they check it for child resistance? Will I have to find a way to label my bottles?

3. How strict do you think they will be? Are the regs more targeted at sellers or users?

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Planning a trip to London in the spring but confused about what I can carry and use. I'm not worried about what can be sold. Here are my questions.

1. I understand tanks must be 2mil or less. Any thing else to consider?

2. I mix my own liquid. How should I transport that? Can I put a large bottle in my checked luggage and carry a smaller 10mil bottle? Will they check it for child resistance? Will I have to find a way to label my bottles?

3. How strict do you think they will be? Are the regs more targeted at sellers or users?

1. You can bring bigger tanks, the 2ml restriction is only when buying/selling.

2. I'd put 100ml bottles, spare mods without batteries, coiling tools, spare tanks and drippers in your checked luggage.

Bring smaller bottles (30ml has never been a problem at any EU customs i went through, child resistance caps are not needed), all your batteries, empty tank and a rda in your hand luggage. Or bring a full tank and put it either upside down or adjust pressure when needed to avoid leeking. And make sure you offer it all to the custums officer, don't leave anything in your handluggage.

3. They're not so strict in the UK, no worries. Lots of vapeshops too, so quite easy to rebuy confiscated stuff, but i don't expect that to happen. Regs are mainly targeted at sellers. And UK health care and government is quite optimistic about vaping, compared to other EU countries.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
There always a chance you get a customs agent having a bad day but, I have never had a problem. Do all your vape stuff as a carry on put in it in a resealable plastic bag have on top and you won't have any problems. Its not required but I a uninstall the batteries from the device and put them in a plastic battery case. Recheck the rules before you go cause anything can change.

Reactions: Grimwald
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread