Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Per original post.......I cant find this: TFA "tobacco Abs" Anyone have a link, something close and whats the Abs stand for? Maybe I am ignorantly overlooking something here

That was TFA's tobacco Absolute Blend, which is a mix of tobacco absolute and ethyl maltol suspended in propylene glycol. It is sold out everywhere now and TFA does not plan on making it anymore. MFS used to sell it as well - TFA - Tobacco Blend (Sold Out) - MyFreedomSmokes.com
as well as RTS - 10 ml Tobacco Blend Flavor (PG) (TFA)

You can make it yourself using the read deal TA, but it is very potent, so it must be mixed down several times before being used as an ingredient in finished juice - Azure Vaping 1.5 ml vial Tobacco absolute w/ ethyl alcohol

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
That was TFA's Tobacco Absolute Blend, which is a mix of tobacco absolute and ethyl maltol suspended in propylene glycol. It is sold out everywhere now and TFA does not plan on making it anymore. MFS used to sell it as well - TFA - Tobacco Blend (Sold Out) - MyFreedomSmokes.com
as well as RTS - 10 ml Tobacco Blend Flavor (PG) (TFA)

You can make it yourself using the read deal TA, but it is very potent, so it must be mixed down several times before being used as an ingredient in finished juice - Azure Vaping 1.5 ml vial Tobacco absolute w/ ethyl alcohol

High Desert Vapes carries it.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
High Desert Vapes carries it.

Cool I have it all now. Well, except for the FA Virginia but i dont feel like ordering and paying shipping from a 3rd vendor today. Between the few recipes on this thread I think i will be good, can always order later if I feel I am missing the Virginia.

stormfire

Aug 31, 2013
kc, mo, usa
Azure Vaping has Bulgarian tobacco absolute in stock: Azure Vaping 1.5 ml vial Tobacco absolute w/ ethyl alcohol :toast: :vapor: -I just ordered mine.

I ordered that too. Not sure if I ordered wrong or if they messed up but I go a 15 ml bottle not a 1.5 ml vial. Oh well looks like I'll never need more. It does look like tar as its been said, but I mixed 4 drops in 10 ml pg to make the recipe and I really don't taste it I don't think. People keep saying its super potent but I think original mixing instructions were only 2 drops in 10 ml. Just don't see how that would have any effect at all

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

JRZROB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
NJ
I started playing around with this recipe I'm calling Triclone. I started with a base that I had of plain RY4D @ 9% in a 30ml from a week ago. From there I went with just adding drops (no percents yet) to the base over the weekend.

From my tasting this is almost right there for Tribeca, a lot closer than RY4D & AP alone. The color without a steep is yellow( not as yellow as Tribeca, but a steep might bring it out more), the smell is almost exact to the bottle of Tribeca that I have, viscosity could be a little thicker. I'm hoping to be on to something here as I have not seen a mix like this for Tribeca. Would love to have some others try out some mixes. I'm thinking I will try the Tobacco Blend ACL this week instead of the PG blend.

30ml Bottle

70/30 PG/VG 12mg Nic (thinking the next batch should be 65/35 PG/VG

RY4D - 9%
TFA Almond Amaretto - 1 Drop un-diluted in 30ml
TPA Tobacco Blend(PG) - 1 Drop un-diluted in 30ml (going to try the ACL next)
TFA AP - 1 Drop un-diluted per 10ml = 3 drops
FA MTS Vape Wizard - 1 Drop in 30ml

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Cool on my list for the Tribeca quest. Almond is not overpowering? I tried the graham cracker and at half at what I saw listed some where here on the forum and I just dont think the graham cracker belonged. And the Bavarian cream I saw mentioned.....Nasty!!!!! No offense to whom ever :)

I started playing around with this recipe I'm calling Triclone. I started with a base that I had of plain RY4D @ 9% in a 30ml from a week ago. From there I went with just adding drops (no percents yet) to the base over the weekend.

From my tasting this is almost right there for Tribeca, a lot closer than RY4D & AP alone. The color without a steep is yellow( not as yellow as Tribeca, but a steep might bring it out more), the smell is almost exact to the bottle of Tribeca that I have, viscosity could be a little thicker. I'm hoping to be on to something here as I have not seen a mix like this for Tribeca. Would love to have some others try out some mixes. I'm thinking I will try the Tobacco Blend ACL this week instead of the PG blend.

30ml Bottle

70/30 PG/VG 12mg Nic (thinking the next batch should be 65/35 PG/VG

RY4D - 9%
TFA Almond Amaretto - 1 Drop un-diluted in 30ml
TPA Tobacco Blend(PG) - 1 Drop un-diluted in 30ml (going to try the ACL next)
TFA AP - 1 Drop un-diluted per 10ml = 3 drops
FA MTS Vape Wizard - 1 Drop in 30ml

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
There is more of the liquor/amaretto taste than almond from what I get in this flavoring, but I think it does add something with the Tobacco Blend. Been vaping it too much that I can't taste it right now, I'll have to come back to it in a few days.

I ordered some Almond Amaretto to give a try. Thanks for the recipe. Much appreciation goes to you guys experimenting and trying. I know its not cheap pouring stuff down the drain, at least thats what i would do if unliked, I will not vape something i dont like

VegasVaap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Laguna CA
Cool I have it all now. Well, except for the FA Virginia but i dont feel like ordering and paying shipping from a 3rd vendor today. Between the few recipes on this thread I think i will be good, can always order later if I feel I am missing the Virginia.

My 2 cents. The original post recipe did not hit the spot for me initially. Got better after a month. But after 2 and 1/2 months, the best I've ever had. I bought the pure TA from Azure and mixed it down 1ml in 19ml PG (5%). It is messy stuff, but oh so worth it. Kudos to Foggman!

schizm722

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
AR USA
You know it's funny...
After the original basic RY4D & 1% AP formula, and all the tweaked formulas I've mixed and vaped for months,
I went back and tried the original Tribeca, and I didn't really even care for it!

With the acetoin & acetyl propionyl concerns, I've stopped mixing my ADV's that have those compounds,
so a few of my favorite Tribeca clones are out the window. (the ones using graham cracker & various creams)

After the cut, my favorite at the moment is very simple:
8% RY4D (TFA)
1% AP (TFA)
1% Nut Mix (FA)
1% EM (TFA)

Try a 120 degree warm water bath for 30 minutes and then a good shake.

FWIW: Taste is SO subjective :)

Reactions: Yerba

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Just got all my stuff in for fogMann's original recipe.
Anyone have any idea how long to steep?
Will a heat steep work?

Thanks

I mix up quite a bit in advance to allow it to steep over time. However, I recall that heat steeping does move it along a bit. It does change over time but I think it's pretty good after a warm steep. Make enough to use some now and leave some to steep for a few weeks. It'll turn a deep yellow color (you do have FA Virginia, right?) and taste will change a bit more also.

I've been playing around with the formula a lot, trying little tweaks. Not so much to make it more like real Tribeca but just to see if I can come up with variations that improve it for my taste. I did note that I tried another posters formula which was heavy on TFA Graham Cracker Clear. I thought it was okay but not an improvement. However, I did try reducing RY4D to 9-10% and adding 1% TFA Graham Cracker in my original recipe and I think that brings it a bit closer to authentic Tribeca.

During this process I've discovered that I'm not immune to authors bias that I see in other peoples clone recipes. I read things like "I've nailed this, it 100% duplicate", etc, only to mix it and judge it to be way off. When I first published this formula, I was convinced that I nailed it almost perfectly. Now I think it's a good substitute but it's certainly not an exact copy. No matter, this is one of only two flavors/formulas I can truly say is an ADV (for me) and it's way cheaper than Halo's version.

Reactions: VegasVaap

cacooke

Feb 28, 2014
Franklin NC
Thanks for the reply fogMann.
Didn't know if anyone was monitoring this thread anymore :)

I had some of the items in your recipe. I ordered the rest.

My first try at your recipe, to my surprise, turned out rather bland. (I did have the Virginia cut in half though, .6%, because of other replies, including your own)
I only made 3ml but I am sure I used the correct amounts. I use syringes to mix with.
I can't really taste enough of anything to say what is there or missing.
I did a warm steep for 3 hours and let it sit overnight.

Maybe I have just gotten too used to my own recipe.
(please keep in mind that I ran out of Tribeca over a month ago. I have just enough left for a couple drops to test side by side and I can barely taste it also)

RY4 Double TFA - 25%
AP TFA - 6%
EM 4%
TA TFA - 2%

I have TFA Graham Cracker (Dark) but haven't tried it because it may contain diacetyl.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks for the reply fogMann.
Didn't know if anyone was monitoring this thread anymore :)

I had some of the items in your recipe. I ordered the rest.

My first try at your recipe, to my surprise, turned out rather bland. (I did have the Virginia cut in half though, .6%, because of other replies, including your own)
I only made 3ml but I am sure I used the correct amounts. I use syringes to mix with.
I can't really taste enough of anything to say what is there or missing.
I did a warm steep for 3 hours and let it sit overnight.

Maybe I have just gotten too used to my own recipe.
(please keep in mind that I ran out of Tribeca over a month ago. I have just enough left for a couple drops to test side by side and I can barely taste it also)

RY4 Double TFA - 25%
AP TFA - 6%
EM 4%
TA TFA - 2%

I have TFA Graham Cracker (Dark) but haven't tried it because it may contain diacetyl.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

The formula yields a mix with flavor intensity on par with Tribeca and other juices. Steeping a while (week+) beyond the heat steep will improve the flavor. Besides myself and friends, several others on the forum have tested and commented. Opinions vary but I haven't heard anyone complain about bland/lack of flavor.

Looking at your alternative formula, I can tell you that one has way too high flavor concentration. It is well documented on the forum that after a certain threshold, flavor begins to diminish. 2% TA and 25% DRY4 are pretty high and 6% AP is way over the top. If this type of formula is what you need to taste anything then I think we have part of the puzzle. I'm afraid I don't have any good advice beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread