Tribute to Drew Opus Giveaway Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

After reading all of these moving posts I feel that I would have been lucky to have met Drew and I'm sorry I did not get the chance. This community is such a special thing and I am learning, through this great thread, that Drew was a major part of the foundation of it. What an amazing legacy!

RJB01122

Aug 12, 2013
Howell, NJ
I first met Drew a little over 2 yes ago when I was trying out vaping. He took his time, explained the basics and help set me up. I would go to the office And hang out for an hr or so. He was always having me try new tanks and juices. I was fortunate enough to spend time with him got to know him on many levels the last few months. I only wish I met him sooner. He went out of his way to help others.
Our friendship was cut short. I will miss you my friend. The office is not the same with out you at your desk ! My hart goes out to his wife and kids along with everyone in the shop.

I would like not to be part of the give away. I only wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks...

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
So sorry for your loss. My time with Drew was via youtube, where I found him to be earnest, helpful and very genuinely interested in doing what was best for the vapor. My first upgrade from a cigalike was the ego c twist and I searched youtube for a good instructional video and I found the one that Drew put up on his channel and I feel like we've been friends ever since. I am only now learning what a huge part of vaping history he holds and just how many people he helped. Quite a great man. Sincerest condolences for you and your family.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I am so very sorry for your loss!

I first spoke with Drew back in 2009 when I first started vaping, and he was so helpful and reassuring.

Finally met him with his family at VapeStock and what a pleasure that was. We spoke of the old times and folks who had come and gone and all the advances vaping has made.

I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet him with his family and may they take comfort knowing that Drew was a giant in the vaping world, and he was much loved.

I am not interested in the contest, just wanted to share my thoughts about Drew!

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
I purchased a Blu-Cig starter kit in March of 2012 on a whim, and was completely STUNNED that I was able to put down the stinkies. After just a few months though, I realized that I was going to be forever tied to battery chargers if I wanted to stay OFF the stinkies.

I soon found Nhaler.com. Drew and Nhaler were my very first exposure to advanced vaping gear, home-made juices, and the wide selection of how-to videos on how to use all the gear. I may have started with a cig-a-like form factor, but I will be forever indebted to Nhaler for taking me to the 'next level' and keeping me there. I have been vaping and completely off the cigarettes going on 2 years now.

THANK YOU, and GOD BLESS YOU DREW and the ENTIRE NHALER.COM FAMILY! I will never, ever forget..............

Last edited:

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
So very sad to learn of your husband's passing. I have listened to many people talk about him recently with such reverence and can only echo the sentiments of some of the other vapor's here who did not know him, but sure wish that they had. I hope you find some extra comfort in the words on this thread and I send my deepest sympathies to you and yours.

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
awesome customer service, met Drew in person at vapercon 2011, helped me unscrew a bridgeless 306 off my blue reo /chuckles... he had equipment where as other vendors on that side of the corner didn't. Also helped me out with Curve26650 firing tips and pointers and upgraded the firebutton without any hesitations. A+, Rock on!

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
I am sorry for your loss and for entire E-Cigarette community. I have ordered from Nhaler and had a positive experience, I noticed every email had Drew's signature on it. Very personable. With so much drama going on currently with our fight to keep our choice available, it seems very appropriate that we come together not only to mourn the loss of a great leader in our cause, but to just come together period. Thank you for all you do to promote safER vaping and for such great standards in business.

dogrocketdog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com

So, first I would like to give a heartfelt 'Thank You" to everyone for their kind words. This is such a fantastic thread to print out and show to our kids!
I picked a few entries today at random and they will all receive a
Patriot RDA Clone and a 6ml bottle of Liquid of their choice.

so...congratulations

EagleHawk
Flitzanu
RippelInStillWater
Nana Gail

Please email me @ dgliem00@gmail.com (2 zeros after dgliem) with your ECF name, real name, address and choice of liquid.

Thanks again everyone for participating! Keep it up and help me get the word out there!

Be sure to check out all the great new products we just put on the front page of Nhaler.com! Get them while you can!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    • Deleted by dogrocketdog
    • Reason: sorry

mac63

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2014

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida

whodat2112

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2012
    Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2009
    South Jersey USA
    First and foremost my sincere sympathy for your loss and ours.
    I have been a customer of nhaler for longer than I would like to admit. I have too many Drew stories to tell. My favorite is when he hand delivered supplies to me when I ran short while caring for my young motherless niece with breast cancer. I live in nj and Drew was flying to the Tampa area for Vapestock. I planned to attend. We met there and when I asked the amount owed he replied "nothing for someone I have known so long who would do what you are doing for family." It wasn't a large amount but the words touched me. Drew seemed gruff and tough but he was a kind, sentimental, generous man.
    Another vapestock meet I told Drew how much I loved the Darwin I owned but my rheumatoid arthritic hands were having trouble with the thin size. He asked if I wanted to trade him for a new Opus. I thought he was joking. He wasn't! He handed that sweet Opus to me and I still vaped it until a few weeks ago when it passed away. I called her Opal and sent her to Evolv for repair twice and they had trouble finding parts then. I am vaping my xhaler V1 right now and it still hits like a bullet.
    I knew him, I was one of the first flood of customers, I loved him.
    Nuff said today or this page will have water marks.
    RIP my dear friend....your memory will be with me always.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    My first post in the Darwin Thread dated 3/25/2011 : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/151096-darwin-evolv-197.html#post2897991

Order placed at 6:00:55 p.m.(ET) and got Confirmation immediately.......................
    Just had to print out the receipt so I could read it (over and over and over) hehe....
    Also got confirmation e-mail immediately.........
    Been considering either Darwin or the soon-to-be-released Eclipse EQ (???), and finally jumped off the fence.....
    I'm pumped right now and oh how quick these sold out........

Many good times around here thanks to Drew and friends over many years.....

Posted this on his passing..... he is being missed but not forgotten : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/151096-darwin-evolv-1366.html#post14019689

RIP Drew...... You have left us too soon and will be missed but always remembered. I can't help but be reminded of Drew each time my Darwin is used in my rotation and all of the fun times we all have had and the friendships that were fostered here in the Darwin thread.

Just had to re-play Drew's video from his original post starting this thread before adding my sincere condolences here.... You will be missed my friend...

Last edited:

traderljp

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    I'd like to send my condolences to you and your family. I was familiar with Drew inasmuch as I watched his videos and found them helpful and and enjoyed his style. I did not have any personal interactions with him, but many people I know spoke very highly of him...and now having read all of these tribute posts, I can see why. RIP Drew

RedWolfe

Verified Member
    Nov 19, 2010
    West Allis, Wi
    I met Drew several times, each time being at VapeBash beginning with the first one. He was a great person to be around. When I had the opportunity to purchase a Darwin almost 2 years ago now, I got top notch service and expect nothing less with my future purchases at Nhaler. I wish I had gotten a picture with him this past time at Bash. Was always great to see him. Thank you for the contest/giveaway, very generous of you!

dogrocketdog

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2012
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com

Hey Guys, I love the comradery, unfortunately, I have to delete your congrats posts so it doesn't screw up the numbering of the entries for the contest...I guess I could have thought it out a little better, sorry...maybe you can edit your original post with congrats or PM the winners. I am not really sure how else to do it.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I was not fortunate enough to ever meet Drew in person, but we exchanged emails and spoke on the phone regarding questions I had about the Curve. Looking back I now realize how dumb some of my questions were, but Drew was incredibly patient and took the time to make sure I clearly understood everything.

His videos about the Curve, the Curvamizer and other Nhaler products are a treat to watch – it’s like sitting down with a buddy and having him show you how to build or use a mod.

He will be missed!!

i dont need to enter the contest, i can wait till i can get my hands on an opus the old fashioned way. i just remembered a fun drew moment when i got the email about this contest. i tattooed drew on like a monthly basis and i remember one day, giving him a sample of a new spray ointment for aftercare. He read the ingredients and said, "you could vape this! i dont think anyone would want to, but you can vape this!" He then told us about all the other weird things you could vape, but would never want to. I think i recall Angie giving a confused/concerned/angry look. haha, dont know why but he was so stoked on vaping and always thinking outside the box. he gave me my first real setup, turned me onto premium flavors like five pawns and suicide bunny (which helped me get seriously into vaping) and sold me all my future stuff. gonna miss our little tasting parties and gettin the lowdown on what was new and cool in the ecig world. This dude was the real deal and awesome to hang around with. Again, my condolences to you, Angie, and the rest of the family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread