Status
Not open for further replies.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I missed the contest but no worries...Just wanted to post my very first pv came from Drew...the day it came was my last smoke...that was 4 yrs ago...I did have the pleasure to say hi to Drew at the Philly vape meet a few yrs ago (my very 1st meet)...introduced myself out in the hall as I was talking to G Green..he came over and was talking for a few...it was a quick meet as he was pretty busy...but I had a memorable time...Thanks Drew...RIP.....My condolences to the family....

Congrats to the winners of this awesome contest....

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I never met Drew in person but we spoke many times via phone and of course in the Darwin thread. Many of us will miss him and his humor. He was always quick to help and would jump in and join our foolish banter on that thread. He kind person and my deepest sympathy goes out to his family, loved ones and all at the nHaler team.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
First I would like to say I am very sorry for your loss. It is very hard to loose someone, but I will tell you as a lot of people had already said, it is an important time to stay strong. You have many people wishing you and sending you positive vibes, myself and my family included.

I have never personally had the pleasure of speaking with Drew but I do own an Opus DNA. The device is my goto device, and has helped me stop smoking tobacco cigarettes. I am very very greatful. This has changed my life for the better, and I am happy to say that. In my honest opinion, the Opus is the best device hands down. Perfect size, amazing battery life, solid solid solid construction. I am a proud owner. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hudson_macbeth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Levels, WV, USA
Never having met Drew, I'm afraid I don't have any stories of him. However, having read this thread, it seems as if he was the kind of person I would have liked. I am truly sorry for your loss, and I would like to send well wishes your way. Coping with loss is difficult, at best, and I believe that you have come up with a wonderful way of remembering him, by asking folks about their memories. Again, my condolences.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I purchased two of his original xhalers models. He called me upon me writing into him about having trouble with one of them. Took the time to explain what was happening and promised he would replace it if that didn't work. It was just great customer service. We bull....ted for some time afterwards.

Not all, but some vendors want little to do with you after the sale. Wasn't the case with Drew. I'm glad to have interacted and learned from him.

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
I was lucky enough to meet Drew a couple of times at the Vapestock meets although I was never smart enough to get a pic with him. He was always super nice and no b.s. Bought my first Darwin from him and shopped with him since then. Tried to catch his shows on eCig TV every time he broadcast. One show I won a tank and thanked him via Facebook.

Dawns Win.jpg

He had been griping about these lovely health food bars. While he appreciated that his family wanted him to take better care of himself, he wasn't happy about this particular effort. I'm into health food and assured him that it wasn't bad to eat healthy so he graciously included a bar in my win box.

Dawns Barf Food.jpg

I wrote him a nice email after eating it.

Dawn Face.jpg

Told him we would get a divorce if he ever sent me one again. He said he and the people at the shop got a laugh out of it.

My condolences to his family. The loss to this community can't be calculated.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I met Drew when i started vaping back in 2009. He was the only supplier that carried the Greencig ecigs that i used at the time and that is how we actually got to always talking and even phone calls on the phone about whats going on in the ecig world. He would tell me just wait and see what will be in my storer next week lol. We would laugh back and forth. a friendship started before i even seen him. Then i bought his 1st Xhaler Mod and fell in love and dumped the Greencigs lol. I finally met Drew at the Vapefests in Indian Rocks Beach both years and also in Tampa. we had a blast. What a terrific guy and i am glad to say i am so glad to know him.
I am glad that Drews wife and family was able to see how others felt about this vaping icon and how he was truly loved by many and will be truly missed. But Drew my good friend you will never ever be forgotton. My favorite liquid is Nhaler R Why Not....... Angie and family I am so sorry for your loss.

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
Drew was a ground-breaker in the vaping community! I started vaping in 2009 and he was one of the first on-line retailers I did business with (I think I still have a couple of bottles of nearly empty "lung juice" around here.). I will miss those videos of his strong, tattooed arms and hands, showing off his latest product. I was dishearten to hear of his passing and I wish to add my condolences to his family and friends.

SpiritShadow

Jun 15, 2013
Newark, NY
Drew was a true gentleman. He helped me select my first vaping equipment and shared some stories with me. I felt drawn to him, he had a positive "can-do" attitude I respected. Not long after, he unexpectedly sent several new Nhaler products and asked me to write reviews. He was keen to learn not only whether his new products were good, but whether a newbie like myself could use them without guidance. He didn't ask for "favorable" reviews, he wanted honesty and sincerity. I have dealt with entrepreneurs for more than 40 years. Drew's insistence on objectivity struck a responsive chord in me and spoke volumes about the man.

Later in the year, I developed an invention related to vaping. My first thought was to contact Drew. I asked if he would look at what I had created and he invited me to visit him in his office. So, on a beautiful autumn morning I left at 4:00am and made the 325-mile pilgrimage to Farmingdale, NJ. I shook hands with Drew in the doorway of a little cottage astride a neat-as-a-pin home on a quiet avenue. There was a harmony in the air that was most appealing. Drew was a gracious host. He introduced me to his office staff, several of his children and his charming wife Angie, who took the time to demonstrate how to properly clean and care for my vaping equipment. I felt like a privileged little boy in the ballplayer's clubhouse.

Privately, I found Drew to be passionate about nearly everything. He had a brilliant and insightful mind and we talked for hours. This was an extraordinary man. The deeper I went, the more there was to find. He shared his views honestly and ultimately encouraged me to proceed. I returned home feeling enriched by the experience.

Last evening I opened my most recent e-liquid order and there was a handwritten note informing me that Drew had passed away. There was a long moment of deja vu as an overwhelming sense of loss passed over me. I have not felt that gaping hole in my gut in many years. I felt it again last night. I was reminded of words written at the time of President Roosevelt's death, when the writer "felt the wings of the angel of history flutter through the room."

However, one does not have to be famous to be great. Everyone in this world is unique and has something to share, but a few people touch us in ways we can't explain. We feel enriched merely by having known them. Drew was such a man. His accomplishments, both personal and professional, are known only to a few, but they are monumental. How many lives did Drew save? Even he didn't know.

My time with Drew was brief, but that brief time allowed me to become more than I had been. For that I shall always be grateful.

Rest well, my friend. I wish you well and hope to see you again.

TF450

Apr 10, 2011
PA
I would like to express my sincere condolences to Drew's wife and family. As a community we all share in your sense of loss as Drew was truly a leader and mentor for so many of us. I first "met" Drew in July of 2011 when he was a guest on the Darth Octane Show on Elixir TV. He gave away a prize of e-liquid and some atomizers on that show, and I was fortunate enough to be the winner. Because I had no experience with Nhaler's line of juices at the time, I was at a loss when I was asked to choose what flavor I wanted to receive, so I told Drew (via e-mail) that I was primarily a tobacco flavor person, and asked him to select a juice for me. He very generously sent me a bottle of Drewbacco 1, Drewbacco 2, and Drewbacco 3. And although I enjoyed all three, Drewbacco 3 struck such a note with me that it became my everyday vape for the next 2 years. I really must give Drew, and his Drewbacco 3 credit for helping me to give up a 30 year plus addiction to tobacco cigarettes, because even though I had been vaping for approximately a year before winning Drew's prize, I was still smoking cigarettes fifty percent of the time, and vaping the other fifty percent. Approx. one year after my win, and countless 30 mil bottles of Drewbacco 3 I had my last Camel on Sept. 5th. 2012. Drewbacco3 continued to be my all day/every day vape until earlier this year when, for the sake of convenience when at work (I work 12 hrs. per day) and while driving, I switched from 510/306 attys. to Protank and Aspire tank systems (it was actually Drew, via his video on the Nhaler site that introduced me to the Aspire line). Unfortunately, the magic flavor of Drewbacco 3 did not come through in any of the tank systems I have tried. That said, I still continue to enjoy my Drewbacco 3 while relaxing at home and dripping into my 510/306 or RDAs, in fact, I just ordered another 30 mils today. In closing, I would like to express my thanks for Drew and Nhaler for the role played in my vaping experience. I will continue to "pay forward" what has been done for me, as I introduce other's who smoke to vaping. I am proud to say that I have helped to transition several of my friends and coworkers away from tobacco. And as I think about it, this is actually a continuation of what happened to me, thanks in great part to Drew and our chance "meeting" on Darth Octane's show more than four years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread