Trick to prevent eGo twist

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by emberl, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emberl

emberl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Does anyone have a tip/trick how to prevent the twist button on the eGo twist to move by accident.
    As we all know it's not easy to see where the battery is set at, the little dot is so tiny.
    Lots of times after I charge the battery it has changed from say : 4.0 to 3.0

Sometimes I forget to look.

The twist button on my twist is very very loose.

Thanks in advance!

2. graffinfected

graffinfected Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

someone told me to put tape on it.. to prevent it from moving around.. mine came nice and tight.. but then loosened up after a while.. i used the tape once and it worked but it looked ugly.. so now i just learn to deal with it.. and check it every once in a while..

its worth it because these twists are awesome.

3. emberl

Thanks for that advice.
    I thought of that myself, but was thinking maybe there's a better way.

I did put tape around the dial, at least it's not moving anymore.
    It was so loose, not funny, one little touch and it was back to 2.00 or something like that.

I used clear tape, I can hardly see it.

And yes, the twist is awesome!

4. hrferic

hrferic Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you use Scotch brand super 33 electrical tape,you can use the same piece for a long time even if you pull it off to adjust it a lot.
    it's the best electrical tape out there and uses really good adhesive.

5. samwest

samwest Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Turn it up full blast and leave it there! I turn it all the way then back it off 1/4 or wherever you like it. I got used to that method pretty quick and do it without lookin' (by feel).

6. hrferic

hrferic Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't like it cranked up. tastes like crap.

7. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Uh no...Start off low then work your way up...If the max of 4.8v won't kill the LR atomizer/cartomizer then I'm sure the following day you'll be replacing the atomizer/cartomizer...

8. emberl

I don't either, I like it around 4.0.

9. emberl

Thanks, I'm sure hubby has some laying around somewhere.
    I'll try it!

10. desmondevers

desmondevers Full Member

Simple tricks always work the best.

11. Burp

Burp Full Member Verified Member

Samwest didn't mean for u to vape at full blast.... What he meant was to turn dial all the way up (4.8). Then he twists it back 1/4 turns( shld give him abt 4-4.2). That is how he makes sure of his voltage without even needing to look.

12. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Mystagogue φ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I start at the lowest setting, take a couple of puffs, then move it up until I find what I like. I've also read that I couple of people put a tiny drop of nail polish to mark their favorite setting.

13. ajventi

ajventi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't done it, but you could use tape as has been suggested, or wrap a wide rubber band around it a couple times.

Also you could take a paint marker and mark it up to help you see where its set if you don't mind uglying it up a bit.

14. I Shall Not Recant

I Shall Not Recant Full Member Verified Member

I don't think they are that awesome considering this obvious design flaw.

I just used a sharpie to mark the end to the tube.

If I have to replace then I'll be trying the vision spinner.

15. YoureFired

YoureFired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The dials on my 1000mah Twists are stiff enough that they never twist on their own. I pretty much keep them at just over 4 volts and they've performed flawlessly for months. I wrapped one of them in vinyl carbon fiber. You can use a wrap on your Twist and place it a little bit lower, so maybe it will cover the dial a little bit and hold it into place and not look like you're holding it together with tape.

Picture 35195.jpg

16. emberl

I got a new twist and it's tight, very tight.......it does not move one centimeter, so that's great.

I guess some dials are very loose and others are very tight.

I put some black electrical tape around the others, can't even tell it's there, and it works great!

17. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Just use clear scotch tape or a small drop of crazy glue if you want it set permanently,BTW...you ca scrap of the glue later if you want to move it again,just use a very tiny drop as possible.

18. jfreels

jfreels Full Member

NOAP! That's what I'm using now and I have the same problem as OP. I like some of these tips, especially yours. Maybe I'll try and wrap my twist.

19. epage

epage Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Spinner co-op... jus' sayin'... :)

20. cactus71

cactus71 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Look around you – can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe? - Guy Fleegman :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.