Tried of the poor quality control on e-cig parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
I started with an Ego and it was a hassle with attys and carts, then switched to a big batt mod and used boges... Then I just bought a Reo and all my other stuff went to a drawer to gather dust. Nothing tastes like it does on the Reo. Huge hit, huge flavor... I use it with some shorty cartos from madvapes and I´m in vaping heaven. Also, nobody thinks my Reo is a cigarrete.

I've been toying with getting a Reo for several months now. I like the look of the wood finish ones. Has anyone tried both a Reo and Provari and can compare/contrast the two? I know the fact sheet differences, that one is a box mod and the other a VV big batt already.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
So ive heard, that this is the best battery to use. The Grey on on the bottom. I was thinking about outfitting my Provari with the works but think its best to test the plethora of other things that might work better. Like the ce2 etc. I think it would be insane to spend more on the device that is already outclassing its supporting mods that should bring reliable vapor production. Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries.

From the discharge curves I've seen, yes, that grey one near the bottom of the page would be even better than an AW IMR. That vendor has a pretty good rep too.

I have AW IMR's that have been in constant use for over 9 months have have the same vape time as they did new. I cannot say that about any protected battery I have tried. (Even AW's)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've been toying with getting a Reo for several months now. I like the look of the wood finish ones. Has anyone tried both a Reo and Provari and can compare/contrast the two? I know the fact sheet differences, that one is a box mod and the other a VV big batt already.

I've been waiting for the VV Reo to hit the general market. (I'm spoiled by VV now.)

I'd really like a woody version though as those things are nice to look at.

I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head that can do a side by side. Maybe mwa, but I cannot remember if he has both. I know he has more than I do...

Since the Reo is a good quality and has a good rep, if it appeals to you, it may be the best choice?

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
I've been waiting for the VV Reo to hit the general market. (I'm spoiled by VV now.)

I'd really like a woody version though as those things are nice to look at.

I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head that can do a side by side. Maybe mwa, but I cannot remember if he has both. I know he has more than I do...

Since the Reo is a good quality and has a good rep, if it appeals to you, it may be the best choice?

Yeah, I may pull the trigger on the Woodvil Reo. My main concern about the wood is that it will get trashed when I spill juice all over it. Juice seems to ruin pretty much any finish.

What are the advantages of VV? I could get a Provari or wait for the VV Reo.

- wolf

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
What are the advantages of VV? I could get a Provari or wait for the VV Reo.

- wolf

Well, let's go from the juices I have sitting here right now and my 2.5 Ohm atty.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream has peak flavor at 8.5 Watts so a setting of 4.6 Volts gives me maximum flavor.

Atomic Cinn peaks closer to 8 Watts so a setting of 4.4 Volts gives me a perfect flavor.

Brandy Cigar takes a higher power to taste fantastic closer to 10 Watts so I set it at 5.0 Volts.

Same atty, same PV and I can tailor the power output to deliver maximum flavor from 3 different flavored juices.

Or, let's say it's early morning and I just need more throat hit than flavor, I can dial up the voltage to give me the TH I need without upping my nicotine.

Maybe I'm enjoying an adult beverage with friends I can dial it down to minimize the vapor production, but not lose that hand-to-mouth action that I'm also addicted to and make it easier to not exhale any vapor.

At least, that's my thoughts on what the advantages are.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
Hmm, interesting. I have vaped only TV Atomic Cinn for 2 years now (I can't stand any other flavor after the first couple days). However, I finally fell in love with a second flavor when I tried a sampler a few weeks back. I never really thought about different flavors optimizing at different voltage. Sounds intriguing.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
I've never had TV's Atomic Cinn.

It's just what I call my Redhot's mix. Didn't even know they used the same name. I think I'll start calling it H-bomb now....it's my recipe and I can call it anything I want...

Yup, that's what it's called (Atomic Cinnacide to be exact), and it might well be the single most popular brand/flavor of e-liquid, at least among those who post to ECF. But since you DIY, which I think is pretty cool, you are probably unaware of the commercial brands.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yeah, I know TV, but only tried the German Chocolate Cake very early on in my vaping journey. I've been mixing my own for about 2 years. It was actually the flavor that made me realize I could make the full switch from smoking to vaping and I got it as a joke because all the flavors I thought I would like, I hated, so I got the weirdest flavor I could find...

I'm actually glad to see they call it Cinnacide because I just use the Cinn and say it like "sin" as it seems to be a sin to vape something so good.

My sister like TV too. She keeps bringing me their bottles to fill with my mixes. I make a peppermint gum flavor that she just loves. And Banana Nut Bread, which doesn't seem to go together at all, but that's what she brings TV bottles to me to fill with. (But, I hate banana nut bread myself and had to have someone who liked it taste testing it as I worked up the recipe.)

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
Well I, like many others, assumed I would prefer tobacco flavored liquids. Yet I can't find a single one that satisfies me. Alienvisions Boba's Bounty is decent, though I added a little cinnacide to it.

Have your sister bring you some TV Geoff's Blend. It is a complex concoction, a mixture of various fruity flavors and who knows what else. I bet you can't duplicate it but you never know. It's my new love after AC.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hmmmmm, IF it's good enough I can duplicate it. (I'd have to want it to bother with the effort.)

Started DIY because I wanted a Cuban cigar and all the premixed I tried were horrible. It took me 5 months, but I made a Cuban that is perfect. And discovered a boatload of other recipes on the way. My sister is the one that comes to me and says, "I want my vape to taste like X. When can you get that to me?" She thinks I can make anything. (Except for coffees. I hate coffee and she is had enough of my mistakes to swear off taste testing those. Heck, she wouldn't even sit in for the Banana Nut Bread so someone else with questionable tastes got that one.)

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC

That's kind of an apples and oranges comparison. The Reo is a great bottom feeder but, not VV and the Provari is a great VV device but, not a bottom feeder. I don't own a Provari. I do have a Reo and a Buzz Pro (I've actually seen a video from a reputable reviewer that rates the Buzz Pro better than the Provari.) which is another great VV device. The Reo VV is supposed to use Buzz Pro's electronics in a Reo bottom feeder which is why both Hoosier and I are waiting for them.

Like Hoosier, I don't like cartos. I usually use a 901 atomizer. However, if you're willing to pay more, you might want to check out Ikenvape's carto line. I haven't tried them but, I know their atomizers are among the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread