Tried to make Strawberry... ended up with GunkaBerry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubenX

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Longwood
Hi there... I made a HUGE batch back in 2011, lasted till a few months ago. After using a few pre-mix juices for a while, I ordered some supplies and went to work... I made this 50/50 PG/VG mix, 10% Flavor (loran) @ 24mg. Tried it out and like 5 hours later, the coil was all gunked up. It was a 2 week old coil on a nautilus so I just changed it... 5 more hours and the new coil is also all gunked up. SO I change it again... same story...

I ran out of nautilus coils at that point so, I popped in the aerotank, new coil... few hours, gunked up... :( I haz fail

One thing I noticed is that, this juice is THICK! It's the same recipe I used countless time years ago but man... I can't even use the needle-tip bottles because the juice is so thick

I added some water to thin it... poped in another kranger coil... 2 hours... gunked up... which I could take a pic, looks nasty in there

Maybe I'm just out of shape. :unsure:

RubenX

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Longwood
It could just be the strawberry. Does it have food coloring in it? I don't use lorann (except for cream cheese icing) but I seem to recall a lot of them have coloring. That could be gunking up the coils.

Hi, yeah it has coloring on it :\

Mx87z1B.jpg

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I would think it would have to be something from the flavoring. Was it LA strawberry you used in 2011?

Hopefully when your new flavors come in you can find something that doesn't gunk the coils. It's weird that a 50/50 mix would be super thick though. Is your PG from wizard labs noticeably thinner than the VG?

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
No, it wasn't old ingredients. All the ingredients in the GunkaBerry were new. I double and tripple check my measurements. But then again, I haven't done this in years so I might be at fault.

I'm gonna wait till I get new ingredients and supplies and try to degunk this mystery...

Have you tried ripe strawberry? That is some pretty good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread