ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I saw this in a TFA thread and started here:

TFA Turkish 5%
TFA Fig 5%
TFA Natural Almond 3%
TFA Mild Black 2%
TFA Chocolate Caramel Nut 2%

I wasn't happy with the results. I had in mind what this should taste like and ordered a bunch of flavorings to work on it. FA Fig was not right. Capella's Fig was not right. Flavor West Fig seemed about right so I stuck with it. I didn't have any TFA Turkish, so I bought a small bottle of Desert Ship. Ugh, that tasted like every tobacco vape from 4 years ago I ever hated. So after weeks of trying to nail this down, on batch 7 I have something I like. I have a small bottle of the real thing coming to refresh my memory.

Here's where I am at with batch #7:

FW Fig 4%
TFA Toasted Almond 10%
Hangsen Elder Capt 2%
ecigexp Black Mile 1%
Capella's Brown Sugar 1%
Capella's French Vanilla v1 1%

I don't know how close to the original this is until I refresh my memory this week, but judged on its own merits I do enjoy this. The fragrance in the bottle is very close if memory serves. It's almond forward with a strong showing from the fig, the tobaccos providing a wider soundstage, and the brown sugar and vanilla accentuating and smoothing the flavors that are already there. I do feel that there is an unknown second fruit flavoring in the original that adds brightness and twang, but I wanted to get the base right first.

If anyone wants to try their hand and see if they can do better, by all means let's compare notes. Or just try the above and provide some feedback. Tripoli was one of the last juices I tried and really liked when I was still vaping on 306s, which was the beginning of January so not so long ago for me. Anyway, I've never spent so long trying to get something right, I hope I'm at least in the same zip code.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
ok I just vaped genuine Tripoli for the first time in several months. I'd been doing this from memory. My flavor profile is correct, but my ratios are off. Too much fig and almond, not quite enough tobacco. I am adjusting the levels and batch #8 or batch #9 should be right on the money. I'll post the recipe when it is.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
That's my initial mix I posted in the TFA thread, I changed a lot of the flavors since that post and I've been wanting to continue working on it but honestly I landed on a Mix that I like even more than Tripoli so I just stopped working on it, glad to see it hasn't been ignored. Here's what I ended up with, it's not Tripoli but I really really enjoy this mix.

CAP Fig 5%
TFA Turkish 4%
LAN Nat Almond 3%
CAP Choc/car/nut 2%
TFA Mild Black 1.5%
TFA Nat Cherry 1%
TFA Holiday Spice 0.5%

There is definitely a subtle fruit flavor missing from almost every Tripoli mix I've mixed up but for the life of me I cannot put my finger on what that exact flavor may be. I've tried Peach, Pear, Dragonfruit, Grape, Cherry, Raspberry and Pomegranate without much success nailing down that subtle fruit/sweet flavor. To my taste buds, the authentic Tripoli has almost a chocolate/malt finish to the tobacco flavor as well.

Here's to hoping this thread produces a quality Tripoli Clone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread