Not open for further replies.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
@Reidus - nice to see you my friend :wub: So sorry to hear what you went through at your house - what a nightmare! I hope you are all warm and cozy by now! :blink:

I just posted on another thread my reluctance to get on board with RBAs -- I've hated fidgeting since having to drip into beginner set ups back in the day, but sweet mods like the Wismec and dna, et al, are designed for RBAs. RBAs, coils & all that jazz is a fidgeting nightmare to me.... sigh...

Reactions: damselle

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Del
What fidgeting? Yes, I know that while the Tsunami and the Indestructible I talked before are true rebuildables that I use for dripping, the devices like the Herakles I've got on my Wismec aren't rebuildable at all, unless you call changing out the coil heads, like you used to do with the Vivi Nova rebuildable. Most of today's "rebuildable tank atomizers" are like that: you purchase replacement coil heads, once you've used up the ones that come with it and screw them in. No muss, no fuss. The only fuss is choosing the resistance.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
@Reidus,

Hmmm...

So if I go RBA I need:

1 - an RBA
2 - cartomizers?
3 - coil replacements

-and I have to switch out the coil how often?
-And how much do those replacements cost?

I have not ever used any RBA - if I were to send you a picture of my set up right now you'd see a TrippyTank and Carto and that's it :blush:

Reactions: Katdarling

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
LOL. I still have cartos and carto tanks. You don't need cartos with today's RTAs (that's what they're calling the tanks these days), just the RTA and replacement coil heads. Each tank uses it's own brand of coil head, so the cost varies, but I'm thinking around 3 bucks or so for a coil head (less if you buy 5-packs). In my experience, a coil head lasts for several weeks, even up to a month, depending on usage. Much longer than cartos. BTW, there's nothing wrong with using a carto tank on a Wismec; just because it can go up to 200 watts doesn't mean it has to: use your 2.0 ohm cartos, set the Wismec to 8 watts and happily vape at 4.0 volts.

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Wow, are we getting the band back together! Great to see posts from some of the original Trippyville gang. I feel your dilemma Delilah as I'm still using my trusty REOs although with ChaliceIIIs on top. I keep my ohm's at 1.5 and my volts as close to 4v as possible. Got a couple of Kayfun Plasma Tanks on DarkStar mods for coffee vape and late evening night-cap vape but even those never rise above 10W. I fear making any changes at the moment as I've seen rumors that the FDA is going to release their deeming by the end of April. Not sure what happens then but for now I'm waiting out to see if I'll need to wean myself off my old-school apparatus. Indiana has already stepped back 40 years for individual's rights in the past 2 years so I don't expect this to be any better. Add in an FDA decision on e-cigs and Indiana will likely ban it outright with prison-time added in for good measure. Brew

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hiya @Reidus, @Brew1961, and all our Trippy lurking friends :D

Reidus, that's a great price. I will definitely put it on my list for consideration :thumbs:

Brew, Nice to see you! :wub: I liked your post but I don't like the vape related news out of Indiana! :ohmy: Keep us posted! Yeah, I am still dealing with tanks and cartos and I haven't taken the plunge into RBA/RTAs yet so I feel really old-school! :laugh:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
QQ7y6.gif
Good Morning & happy over the hump day to all :D

Off to do more APV window shopping.
Yesterday I found a VV Grip from Madvapes for $10! I always liked that form factor so I ordered one. Can't wait to try it :D

@Wharf Rat,
(((((WharfieKins!)))))) :wub:

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Morning all. Hope y'all are having a great week.
Wow! Looks like the gang is back! Hi TJ, Wharf. Good to hear from you.
Brew, I admit to being a bit worried as well, which is why I"m focusing on mechanicals and RBAs. Just ordered a Noisy Cricket and I'm planning on getting a Mech REO (all of mine are VV atm).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Woah. This is like a little family reunion going on here! Might I join your party? :D

Hellooooooooooo Delilah! Sedge, Reidus, Wharfykins, damselle, Tjloa, and Brew! Do you peeps even remember me? :D

Delilah, I feel for you! You and I started vaping around the same time. We got oh so comfy with our "new" cartos and carto tanks, and then, boom! Here we are in 2016 and the world of vape has changed completely.

Has anyone recommended a simple clearo tank for you such as an Aspire Nautilus, or (one of my personal FAVES) the Cerotank? SO easy peazy. Drop in (screw in) coils with just a touch of priming, then vape vape vape. No twisting wires or making your own wicks if you don't want to go that route. I do suggest them as a moving on point if you decide you want to try out gear that is a bit beyond the carto tanks.

As far as devices go, I've stayed fairly old skool on mine. I don't use TC, and I'm definitely a Tootle Puffer (blush) who is happy at 9-11w (double blush). I do circulate thru a stable of mods, but very much enjoy my Provis, Billet Boxes, XVOs, and some less expensive ones such as the Heatvape Defenders and KBox Minis.

VERY happy to see you again. All of you. :wub:

And........

Hi Bert!! :D

donut2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread