Triton II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Hi

First time here, looking for some advice.
I have used the Triton I for some time and liked it, so I ordered the Triton II thinking it might be better.
Unfortunately it seems to run very hot, spits and gurgles with even a super mild draw. I tried Halo CS and they suggested the coil must be flooded. They also said I should disconnect the top and store upside down when not in use. I have never had to do that with any other device. Tried their suggestions, nothing improved, and they went silent. Having done a search I find I am not the first to encounter this issue. Before I just throw it out, wondering if anyone here would have a suggestion. Thanks,

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I believe the OP is referring to the Halo triton II kit.

Which is a pen style 700mah or 900mah battery with a rebranded tank.
Halo triton 2 heads are available in 1.5Ω, 1.2Ω & .75Ω.
If you're used to using the 1.2Ω or 1.5Ω heads the .7Ω will be much hotter.
The resistance should be marked on the packaging or on the head itself.

Flooding can be caused by a bunch of things, usually the head isn't tight into the base, they loosen when you remove the tank to refill. Always be sure the head is tight.
Could be the bottom o ring from a previous head is stuck in the base, it won't seal properly = flooding. Too restricted airflow setting & damaged or missing o ring / seal can also cause flooding.

Try properly priming a new head, ensure there is no o ring stuck in the base.
Clean & dry the airflow chamber in the base.
Install new primed head into base tight, fill tank, let sit a few minutes, take a few unpowered primer puffs. Adjust airflow to your liking, now press fire button & vape.

The long term solution is to get away from Halo gear. (Power & delivery devices)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Thanks for the advice. Gave it a try, but still getting super hot around the tank, not very pleasant vaping.
I guess I just have to conclude I do not like this product.
When I first started vaping, a friend of mine told me to just use a clearomizer with a cheap ten dollar battery.
Guess it was good advice.

We'd have to know what resistance head you're using, like I said if it is the .75Ω getting hot would be normal.
Best to try the 1.2Ω or 1.5Ω before giving up.

Might also be a dirty connection between the battery & tank, use a q tip & rubbing alcohol & thoroughly scrub both the threads & mating surface on tank & battery.
Dry with napkin/paper towel.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I might try a bit harder to get a refund, this sounds like a situation you have tried quite hard to remedy. There is always your bank/credit card to turn to on these occasions if the vender is being a jerk about it. That's just me, there are probably some things I'd let go, but it doesn't really sound like user error to me...

Best of luck,

Anna

gingerpost

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hi there. I also have the Triton II from Halo. When I first received it I also thought it was way too hot. If you're using the coils that came with the kit, they are the .75 ohm. I ordered the 1.5 ohm coils and with the air flow open only slightly, it was much better! I know for me I just can't use the .75 ohm coils.

Reactions: r77r7r

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi

First time here, looking for some advice.
I have used the Triton I for some time and liked it, so I ordered the Triton II thinking it might be better.
Unfortunately it seems to run very hot, spits and gurgles with even a super mild draw. I tried Halo CS and they suggested the coil must be flooded. They also said I should disconnect the top and store upside down when not in use. I have never had to do that with any other device. Tried their suggestions, nothing improved, and they went silent. Having done a search I find I am not the first to encounter this issue. Before I just throw it out, wondering if anyone here would have a suggestion. Thanks,
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sounds like a little more knowledge may help.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Hi there. I also have the Triton II from Halo. When I first received it I also thought it was way too hot. If you're using the coils that came with the kit, they are the .75 ohm. I ordered the 1.5 ohm coils and with the air flow open only slightly, it was much better! I know for me I just can't use the .75 ohm coils.

Thanks for that. Glad I am not the only one. Really don't know how anyone could stand the ripping hot mouthful.
1.5 ohm on the way.

Reactions: stols001

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I tried them and also had multiple problems, also had problems with the Reactor tank. Halo was unresponsive to my complaints. Both ended up in the garbage when they wouldn't charge.

I love the Triton I, but they may have goofed with the II. I will let you know how I make out with the new coil.

Reactions: Goose Girl

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Have the tritton II here aswell flooding was caused by not closing all airholes (ie the bottom one and top filling one)
I stopped using it since the only sub 0hm coil i had for it burned after a couple days i have the above one though (1.8 i believe) but mtl dosen't suit me well anymore and doing restricted dtl didn't give alot of flavor so i stored it in a container for at least a week now and it hasen't leaked,and the tank is pretty much full still.

TLDR: there's alot of people with issues on this tank,i for one don't buy aspire tanks anymore or recommend them since i've been more satisfied with what i used currently and had 0 issues from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread