1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Trivial Chatter

Discussion in 'ModernVapor' started by Garnoch, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Garnoch

Garnoch Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Alright, guys. Remember of course that if you have a question or want to rave about the products you're using, feel free to start a thread, but I decided to make a place to talk about nothing specific. I'll update here with just random things that I might be doing or find interesting or have an issue with. Feel free to chime in.

2. Garnoch

Post number one has nothing to do with Ecigs. In the past year I decided to get my guitars out of storage and start playing again and then bought a Schecter Hellraiser Extreme. I bring this up because I'm excited that tomorrow I'm adding to my guitars by getting an ESP LTD JH-600EC.

3. Garnoch

My wife says it showed up at the house this morning. Can wait to get home from work. :)

4. Garnoch

Yep, loving the guitar. Just got back from Eagle Rock, PA. Took a tour so they could try to get me to buy property then stayed the night. Didn't buy anything but did get free golf clubs. :)

5. Garnoch

Upgraded the guitar already. It looks and sounds even better. :)

6. Garnoch

Just got back from Niagara Falls. Haven't been there in about 30 years. It was wild and I think I was more impressed this time than I was last time. Amazing.

7. Garnoch

Today is my oldest's 19th birthday - this means I'm getting old!

8. Garnoch

Once in a while you get a cartomizer that just doesn't taste right. Oh well, threw it away and grabbed a new one before wasting more juice. The new one is heaven.

9. Garnoch

The free golf clubs were in the form of a Taylormade gift card. They finally restocked so I placed my order today. :)

10. Garnoch

Part of my order showed up today. The Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons.

11. elac

elac Full Member

Unfortunately I've been running about 50% bad cartos. The ones that are good, though, are great!

12. Garnoch

FIFTY? In what way, bad taste, simply not working?

13. Garnoch

I haven't heard back so I'm going to try to jump ahead and guess so I can give some advice. It's only once in a blue moon that I get a carto that either doesn't work at all or tastes bad, so in those cases, I just throw it away. I assume with that many bad cartos though, the issue you're having is that the cartos just appear to be barley working. MV's supplier changed something months ago. My guess is in how they assemble them. MV is aware of this now and I've been told they are looking into it. The issue is that the contact on some of the cartos are too low - practically recessed. Because of not making perfect contact with the battery, sometimes you get okay contact, sometimes none at all, and sometimes it's just very weak. I've played around with putting a paper clip in the center hole of the contact, bending slightly left or right, moving around the carto as if it were a hubcap. But I mean SLIGHT pressure. Too much pressure will disconnect it, sometimes right away and sometimes a day later - you'll get a disgusting burnt taste if it does. If that happens, you ruined it. I haven't ruined one in quite a while now, but I do prefer this trick with one or two cartos per box.

14. Garnoch

I also meant to say that if you are having any of the issues, contact info@modernvapor.com. One, they need to know and two, I'm sure they'll take car of you.

15. Garnoch

That being said..... the Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver showed up in the mail yesterday. Drivers have large heads but this was HUGE. When I mentioned that the head was huge, my wife said "That's what she said". Not kidding.

16. Garnoch

Who's up to what right now? I'm at the beach on vacation.

17. Garnoch

Saw the Dark Knight Rises tonight. Had a few issues with it but overall I freakin' loved it.

18. Garnoch

Back from vacation and back to the grind the past two days. Someday I need to take 2 weeks in a row.

19. Garnoch

Time for a new TV to replace a 7 year old 55" Sony that is defective with blue streaks all over it. Any opinions or deals out there?

20. Garnoch

Going with a Samsung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.