• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Troops Should Own ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
As a former military man myself, honorably discharged from the Army, I know a thing or two about durability necessitating your gear choices, as I'm sure the rest of you do as well.
I wholeheartedly believe that the ProVari is what every soldier is looking for in regards to an Ecig.

My supporting evidence comes from personal experience. Yesterday I was out sluicing for diamonds in the rough. The sluice was filled with mud, grit, dirt and water. My satin black ProVari mini 2.5 fell out of my shirt pocket and into the trough.

When I pulled it out, it looked like one of those AK47 torture test videos. It was coated in mud and grit and filth. The threads were gritty, and I just wasn't sure it would work.

I pulled the battery out and drained the little bit of water that had gotten in, cleaned up everything, dried it off, and fired the mod.

It fired perfectly, I even accidentally bounced this thing off the concrete a few times yesterday. This mod has a misaligned board from a previous dropping incident, and sometimes the button gets stuck. But other than a few scuff marks, this thing still works perfectly. I don't think any other mod would live through my clumsy tortures the way a ProVari has, and I truly believe any soldier who vapes should own at least one.

You've heard these things are built like tanks, well it really is true.

Last edited:

KiLLeRr KeN

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Cheyenne, WY
I've droped my mech mod a few times already and it still fires... It is a clone and the worst i can see happeneing is my pin breaking or my case getting dented. So I personally do not know why I would need to spend more coin then I would have to to get the vape I love.

I also own a VTR that broke on my current deployment, which is why I purchased a mech clone :]

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
As a former military man myself, honorably discharged from the Army, I know a thing or two about durability necessitating your gear choices, as I'm sure the rest of you do as well.
I wholeheartedly believe that the ProVari is what every soldier is looking for in regards to an Ecig.

My supporting evidence comes from personal experience. Yesterday I was out sluicing for diamonds in the rough. The sluice was filled with mud, grit, dirt and water. My satin black ProVari mini 2.5 fell out of my shirt pocket and into the trough.

When I pulled it out, it looked like one of those AK47 torture test videos. It was coated in mud and grit and filth. The threads were gritty, and I just wasn't sure it would work.

I pulled the battery out and drained the little bit of water that had gotten in, cleaned up everything, dried it off, and fired the mod.

It fired perfectly, I even accidentally bounced this thing off the concrete a few times yesterday. This mod has a misaligned board from a previous dropping incident, and sometimes the button gets stuck. But other than a few scuff marks, this thing still works perfectly. I don't think any other mod would live through my clumsy tortures the way a ProVari has, and I truly believe any soldier who vapes should own at least one.

You've heard these things are built like tanks, well it really is true.

I agree!!!

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Another plus for ProVari is that it fires at a consistent voltage setting over the charge arc of the battery. So if you have it set to 5.5 volts, you'll get a 5.5 volt vape until the battery dies. I don't know of any other mods that can do that and still take a beating like a ProVari.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with my new mech+rda combo, but it's my 'ol reliable ProVi Mini that I take everywhere with me, because I know it'll vape the way I want it to, when I most need it to.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I think the military should buy every single military vaper a provari. The stealth version of course.

I disagree... The Military is not your provider. Your Habit, Your Problem. Your Cost.

They should however have a standard operating procedure for personal vaporizers. Both at home stations and deployments.

Extras could be allowed, but a standard device across the board would help all.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I believe their SOP with PV's or vaping fall under the same as tobacoo use.

Navy hasn't made any hard and fast rules as yet, and I believe it depends on which command you're attached to with the Army. However the Air Force has pretty much aligned e-cigarettes right in there with tobacco products. Glad I'm retired now. :D

gnvidad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
CA, US
Navy hasn't made any hard and fast rules as yet, and I believe it depends on which command you're attached to with the Army. However the Air Force has pretty much aligned e-cigarettes right in there with tobacco products. Glad I'm retired now. :D

Yeah I don't think Big Army has released an ALARACT regarding Vapes yet. Looks like some garrison posts have taken action.

E-cigarettes are prohibited in Army workspaces like other tobacco products | Article | The United States Army

Congrats on your retirement btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread