Trouble with New Kanger Juppi Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikel

Oct 10, 2017
Hey, I just recieved a Kanger Juppi in the mail today. I primed the coil that came with the tank and filled up the tank with 20/80 juice. I tested it out on 50 watts, it says the coil is .23-.26. The wattage reads back 8-13w for some reason and I get hardly any vapor production. I'm really disappointed in this and I'm wondering if something is broken or if I did something wrong.

Please someone help!

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm running it with Ni selected. I don't see any setting for just TC
Nichrome doesn't work with temperature control at all, and the "Ni" setting is for nickel coils only. Use wv/power mode.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Spikel

Oct 10, 2017
Nichrome doesn't work with temperature control at all, and the "Ni" setting is for nickel coils only. Use wv/power mode.

I switched to wv/power and tried at 15-40W. It seems to only go up to 11-15 when I hold the button to hit it. Very weak vapor, something isn't working right. Thank you for the help btw

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I switched to wv/power and tried at 15-40W. It seems to only go up to 11-15 when I hold the button to hit it. Very weak vapor, something isn't working right. Thank you for the help btw
What battery are you using?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
An 11850 that was lying around the house. I charged it
You really need to be careful to use the proper batteries. I suspect that the mod won't let you fire at a higher wattage because the battery just can't handle it. That's a good thing, otherwise the battery might fail and you'd be risking injury. Stop using that battery immediately and get a suitable one from a trusted vendor (there are many fakes out there so just buying something of Ebay, Amazon, or even a vape shop is risky). If you won't go over 60w I'd suggest the Samsung 30q, LG hg2, or Sony vtc6.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Here is a chart of decent batteries and trusted vendors at the bottom....
IMG_4813.jpg

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Hey, I just recieved a Kanger Juppi in the mail today. I primed the coil that came with the tank and filled up the tank with 20/80 juice. I tested it out on 50 watts, it says the coil is .23-.26. The wattage reads back 8-13w for some reason and I get hardly any vapor production. I'm really disappointed in this and I'm wondering if something is broken or if I did something wrong.

Please someone help!

Thanks
You didn't say if you got the whole Juppi Kit, or just the Juppi tank.
I got the kit and have to say I'm not a big fan of Kangertechs TC mods. The Juppi mod runs straight out at 75 watts in TC mode. ( No controlling the watts in TC mode.)
The juppi tank with it's notch coil needs 30 to 45 watts to work well.
The coil is NiChrome and its fine to run in wattage mode.
What's important with this tank is to make sure no cotton ( at the top ) interferes with the 4 bent negative tabs,,,, &,,,,, that the top cap is snugging down the 4 tabs on top of the coil housing.
If you are using the Juppi mod, clicking the fire button gets you to the mode you want.
Should start off in wattage mode, but will be in the last mode you left it in....
3 clicks and it's in Ni ( Nickle ) {75w}
3 more clicks and it's in Ti ( Titanium ) {75w}
3 more and it goes to SS 316L ( Stainless Steel ) {75w}
3 more and its in NK ( Nichrome ) {75w}
3 more and your back to wattage mode. {From 7w to 75w}

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
An 11850 that was lying around the house. I charged it

Thank goodness for the built in safety in those things.

Im glad you came here and found the info you very much needed. The proper battery and it being in good condition is #1 when it comes to vaping SAFELY.

Thank "whoever" you did not pop that into a mechanical device.....

Im glad there were others around to look out for you.
This is a great place to get help and honest answers.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY

The Juppi kit has an NK mode. Not that Kangertech makes good TC mods, but a Nichrome coil will fire up, and work in TC mode.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm running it with Ni selected. I don't see any setting for just TC

Per Gahh (and Kanger), you should select NC (NiChrome) setting (under TC settings) if your coil is made out of NiChrome (not Ni200) wire.

When you fit a tank and turn on TC mode, select a heating element made from Titanium, NiChrome, Ni200, or stainless steel.

Geez, this is getting too confusing...

Have you read the manual?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...ch-Juppi-User-Manual.pdf?17822604203965289050

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I really doubt that it does any kind of tc in that mode though.

IMO, the Juppi mod in TC mode is not good. Not being able to reduce the wattage lower than the preset 75watts stinks.
When I first got it I was wondering what the notch coil was made of. Kangertech got back to me stating it was Nichrome. The hit I would get in NK mode was to powerful for my liking. But,, if you had the degrees set low, it would shut it down. I would get a powerful hit for a shorter time.
Like I said before, Kangertech don't make a good TC mod.
It was a waste of money getting the Juppi kit. Only needed the Juppi tank, which I think is a good flavor / cloud tank designed for VG juice.
No leaks... Same coil for months, just new cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread