Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So I guess that was what the Gov of AR was doing when he made it illegal to order eliquid online. Protectionism. I knew there was a word for it. :lol:

He wanted to make sure everybody buys their eliquids from businesses inside Arkansas, in person, as well as be able to collect taxes on it when people buy it retail (which he said would be voted on 2 years after his legislation passed) ------ as well as get the extra $$ fees from requiring a manufacturer's license (same as Indiana) from every eliquid vendor in the state.

So, we really need to give a pass to a LOT of governors who have passed similar laws around vaping, right, on a case-by-case basis to understand why they have passed vaping laws which ban vapers access to the free market?

Seems like a lot of vapers have been on the warpath against their legislators for no reason.....when they are just being protectionist and doing their best for the people and businesses of their state (sure, right.)
Perhaps you should actually read the Indiana law. It did much more than limit sales to in state vendors.

And yes, it's something that was obvious and should have been seen by the governors office and never signed. Part has been struck down in court already, I'm sure the rest will be overturned or reversed as well.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
It's weird, normally it's Republicans who support vapers' rights, while it's normally the Democrats who are trying to kill vaping as we know it. But as a resident of Indiana, I can say that Pence has done everything he could to kill vaping. We still can't get orders from online vendors. While I was hopeful that Trump would help us out, I don't think Pence will allow that to happen. Right now, it's anyone's guess as to what will happen. Although, the Republicans are now killing some of the orders from Obama's administration, including one that harms vapers. So we'll just have to wait and see. And fight for our rights in the process

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
It's weird, normally it's Republicans who support vapers' rights, while it's normally the Democrats who are trying to kill vaping as we know it. But as a resident of Indiana, I can say that Pence has done everything he could to kill vaping. We still can't get orders from online vendors. While I was hopeful that Trump would help us out, I don't think Pence will allow that to happen. Right now, it's anyone's guess as to what will happen. Although, the Republicans are now killing some of the orders from Obama's administration, including one that harms vapers. So we'll just have to wait and see. And fight for our rights in the process

It's difficult to predict what will happen in the coming months/years as both parties have big money backing them that would like to see the vaping industry either die or controlled by the existing channels. While there may be a better chance of industry survival with the Republicans, the landscape of the industry in the US will change to favor the big money in either case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread