Trusted AW IMR vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Same owner and business, different websites. Probably due to fda regulations.

Well, I'd like to order some LGHG2's from them, seeing as they're selling for half the price as Provape sells them...

Can I click buy with confidence that I'm getting the real deal battery?

I'm assuming RTD has a good reputation?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Well, I'd like to order some LGHG2's from them, seeing as they're selling for half the price as Provape sells them...

I've had very good dealings with RTD, and have only read positive things about them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I buy ALL of my batteries and chargers from RTD. I've been buying from Randy for almost 5 years now and he has never let me down. RTD is probably the most popular and recommended vendor to buy batteries from among ECF members.

I had one problem, and Randy took care of it immediately. I had purchased an Xtar battery charger from him, and it didn't work unless I inserted the battery in upside down (which is a "no no"). Apparently the factory worker had reversed the wiring in the charger. I let Randy know and he sent me a new charger immediately.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ironically, the way Randy explained it the development of RTDElectronix was a business spin-off, more to satisfy "ECF regulations" than anything else. It has/had nothing to do with the FDA regulations:

At the time, my only reason for opening that store was to comply with the ECF supplier rules(I had flashlights for sale on the vapor store).

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey @Baditude...
Or anyone really...

Have y'all heard of IMRbatteries.com?

I'm looking at these:

LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery

Going to be using them in my Provaris and my Mark Bugs WAEII at 15 watts, 1.0 ohm coil.

I'm positive my math makes them more than safe, but what I'm concerned with is authenticity...
Any word if they're a trusted vendor?

Orbtronics and RTD are out of stock, and Provape sells them at double the price.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hey @Baditude...
Or anyone really...

Have y'all heard of IMRbatteries.com?

I'm looking at these:

LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery

Going to be using them in my Provaris and my Mark Bugs WAEII at 15 watts, 1.0 ohm coil.

Hi HB, I only had one order from IMR, in early 2015,
for 14500 batts for some flashlights. It went well and I got lucky and they gave me a free Kanger Aero tank. Shipping was only like $2.75 for a dozen batteries. I will order again. My 2.5's only take button-top - good luck

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hi HB, I only had one order from IMR, in early 2015,
for 14500 batts for some flashlights. It went well and I got lucky and they gave me a free Kanger Aero tank. Shipping was only like $2.75 for a dozen batteries. I will order again. My 2.5's only take button-top - good luck

Hey thanks!

Yeah with the state of the industry these days, you can be too careful when trying to order authentic batteries!

I always check RTD and Orbtronic first, but something is up with this particular battery, as it's out of stock practically everywhere.

Thanks again!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
It's a good safe battery with about 500 mAh less than the one you were looking at.

If you are only running 10W with a standard coil resistance, Then the other one would give you a bit more time-wise, but not a lot.

Personally, I'd go with the HG2. That is what I use, in fact.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
It's a good safe battery with about 500 mAh less than the one you were looking at.

If you are only running 10W with a standard coil resistance, Then the other one would give you a bit more time-wise, but not a lot.

Personally, I'd go with the HG2. That is what I use, in fact.

Great Thank You very much

Reactions: AstroTurf

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I ONLY get my batteries (I like the AWs) from Randy at RTD Vapor.

4+ years, wouldn't think of getting from anyone else because I know I dont' have to "wonder" if my batts are legit.

I'm sure he carries other brands for higher watt vaping as well.

Same here. RTD all the way! Last count: 60+ all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread