Trying parallel mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceofspades2000

Jul 29, 2016
Hello everyone,
I recently got a new mod, it uses parallel 18650 batteries and I was wondering if I can put my royal hunter RDA on it. I used to run the RH at .17 ohms (which I know is dangerous on a single battery) so I upgraded to a parallel setup. Is this safe to vape at? I've been trying to find the c rating for my batteries, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Aceofspades2000

Jul 29, 2016
I have 2 brand new yellow batteries, I don't know the brand, but I'm pretty sure they're low quality. I also have 2 of the dreaded purple efest, one is 2800 mAh and the other is 2500 mAh. Finally I have 2 green batteries, I think they're Samsung's. Both are 2500 mAh. Unfortunately, all my local vape shop sells are the purple efest, and the battery store in town only has 18650s for flashlights.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The green batteries may be 25Rs in which case they have a 20 amp CDR, provide some pictures and we may be able to confirm. 0.17 ohms is 25 amps, your device is in parallel so if the batteries are 20 amp then you double this so you have a pool of 40 amps(ish) to work with so you are good. Ditch the Efests. You need to be using high quality batteries of known CDR especially with a mechanical device.

Take the time to read Mooch's Blog and also Baditudes.

xlG999K.jpg

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
I peeled the label off the yellow batteries and found out they're LG. I also peeled the label off of the green ones and they are 25Rs! Thank for all your help

If you mean you pulled the wrapper off, be sure to have them rewrapped before using them. If you just mean you pulled off a label or sticker, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread