Trying this again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGZealot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
CA, by way of NJ
After unsuccessfully trying to wean myself off smokes the past two weeks, I left myself with no cigarettes and no car today. What a great plan. :glare:

Of course, now I'm vaping like mad and getting myself light-headed every now and then. The inability to focus isn't helping either, given that I'm staring down the barrel of two weeks of final projects for my MLIS. Gonna hang in there though, if only to invalidate the smirky looks my wife has been giving me regarding the bazillion juices I've bought trying to find that "magic" one that makes me go, "This tastes soo much better than my actual smokes."

Bleh.

brianyamagata

Jan 19, 2012
La Jolla, CA
Hang in there! The trick is, as you said, to find that magical juice to keep you satisfied. For me, it was something as simple as Rootbeer. I love the taste of the rootbeer barrel candies growing up, and was hooked the moment i tried it. I spent all those years sucking down ash trays, and all of a sudden i was vaping a delicious beverage! So maybe try something simple: vanilla, fruit punch, peppermint. I'm not sure what you've tried, but you'll find it. Also, vape as you would have smoked. If you used to go outside to the garage to smoke, do that to vape. I've heard it's helped tons of people make the switch successfully. Just as smoking is an integral ritual in a smoker's day, so to must be vaping. You can do it!

jelder227

Feb 4, 2010
Texas
For me it is apple pie and RY4. Apple pie cause it's yummy, and RY4 when I really, really want a cigarette!

And if you have a ton of work to do, that is almost definitely part of the problem. If smoking was an excuse to take 5 before, make certain you continue to get up every hour or so, walk around, take your break! That has helped me. Smoking breaks gave us down time that we tend to drop once we start vaping. Our bodies and brains still want those breaks though.

Lana79

Dec 4, 2012
Serbia
I can relate...

I was "100% vaping" for some 6 months, but then two things came:
1. Heavy workload; and
2. Socializing afterwards.

Now I'm back here, with my e-cig in one hand while typing, second day totally analogs-free, a bit jittery, but still wanting to do it right this time... And ashamed I threw 6 months of good work down the drain...

Well, here for support and to give some in return, anyway :)

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Good for you!!!!! Don't feel bad. This is my third time around and hopefully my last. I know for me it would be just a few puffs off a stinky and I would be right back on the roller coaster! I even have my husband fill up my car with gas because I can't be trusted at a convenience store yet!!!!!! Best of luck to you and me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread