Trying to get the wife to switch, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2014
United States
Ok, so I have been cig free for 16 months, wife still smokes. I am trying to get her to switch, and she is not necessarily against the idea, but I am starting to think that the device to get her over doesn't exist.
She flat out will not use a box mod. Non negotiable, I get shut down every time I go there. I started DIY because the liquid that she wants doesn't exist (or at least, I can't find it) Got a nice 100% VG peppermint flavor that she likes, so now on to the device/tank or cart combo
Her ideal would be a cigalike, but easier to refill, as no cigalike makes a juice she likes. She is extremely sensitive to the amount of vapor, sub tootle puffer territory. I put the peppermint juice in a kanger T3 with 1.8 ohm coil in it, if I put that on my evod 650 she chokes on it. She can use it on my disruptor, at 6 watts. The evod 650 is as big as she will go, and she will only use a tube, even the istick mini is off limits (I tried)
So, what device/ tank combo can I use that satisfies the following:
a: small (ciglike ideal, evod 650 tops)
b: can handle 100% VG without burning through coils like water
c: easily refilled
d: insanely low powered.
The closest to a working device we have found for her is the blu, but they taste so bad she can't sustain the use of one. Any help is appreciated.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have several egos, they all seem to run too high for her (around 3.7 volts)
Not sure how to make this work for her. Maybe just higher resistence?

Higher Resistance would Definitely Help.

If you have Atomizers that work with eGo, why not get your Wife an eGo Spinner?

Joyetech Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 650mAh Battery

The Size is Small and more Cig-a-Like. But it is Variable Voltage so She can Adjust the Hit for what she Likes.

There is also the iTaste...

Innokin iTaste VV4 Express Kit 750mAh, 15w, 0.8ohm

Which is both Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage.

hmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2014
United States
nic level right now is 3 mg, because that is what I vape. When we settle on something she uses I will probably up the nic for her.
so, if I she got a decent result at 1.8 ohms and 6 watts, which I think was around 2 volts, a spinner at 3.2 would just require higher resistence (there's a chart around here somewhere) to get the same result, or am I missing something?
Probably obvious to everyone else, I'm just getting a little frustrated with this. I am trying to avoid the hit and miss experimentation that I already went through for my own journey, she lacks the patience for it.
I bought her an itaste vv a while ago, I wound up using it until it broke. She says that it is too big. Does anyone make a vw device any smaller?
Thanks for all the replies!

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
image.jpg

Reactions: hmar

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You might try SmokeStik. (Katherine Heigle uses them) They have a forum in here (ECF) and they do have cigalikes and ego styles called the Ultra. Popular with the ladies too. Pearl colors. I'm not positive on their specs but I believe they run about 3.5 volts w/ 2.2 ohm coil. You can always purchase a lower ohm coil if you want to. Their tanks are easy to refill.
My daughter started with their cigalike and switched to their Ultra and has been cigarette free for about 4 months now.
She still carries their Hendu and Pink when she goes out because of the beautiful style and crystals on the end.
They have awesome customer service and they guarantee their products and batteries.
It made all the difference for her.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
nic level right now is 3 mg, because that is what I vape. When we settle on something she uses I will probably up the nic for her.
so, if I she got a decent result at 1.8 ohms and 6 watts, which I think was around 2 volts, a spinner at 3.2 would just require higher resistence (there's a chart around here somewhere) to get the same result, or am I missing something?
Probably obvious to everyone else, I'm just getting a little frustrated with this. I am trying to avoid the hit and miss experimentation that I already went through for my own journey, she lacks the patience for it.
I bought her an itaste vv a while ago, I wound up using it until it broke. She says that it is too big. Does anyone make a vw device any smaller?
Thanks for all the replies!

They make a 400mAh Vision Spinner which is a Very Small VV. The Smallest that I know of.

VISION Spinner Variable Voltage eGo 3.3-4.8v 400mah - BLACK [gv-VisionSpinner400mah-BLACK] - $24.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

---

To achieve 6 Watts with a 1.8 ohm coil, you need 3.28 Volts.

This is at the Lowest end of the Pinner / Twist voltage scale. So I would suggest that you move to something like 1.5 Ohms. That would get you more in the Middle of the Voltage Range.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I know just how you feel. My wife has been using the same stuff for a couple of years. Box mods? Ain't gonna happen.

When my wife and I started 3 years ago, we used Volts from SmoklessImage. They are good little cig-sized devices. My wife liked all of the colors--basic black or silver was good for me. She also liked the gem end caps. Something about matching her e-cig to her clothes, jewelry, shoes, handbag...you know accessorizing. They have blank cartos you can refill or the mini tanks that are also good. It cost a lot to keep her outfitted in the proper colors, but still cheaper than smoking. What got expensive was when she started buying clothes to match her e-cigs.

Reactions: zoiDman

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
So, what device/ tank combo can I use that satisfies the following:
a: small (ciglike ideal, evod 650 tops)
b: can handle 100% VG without burning through coils like water
c: easily refilled
d: insanely low powered.
The closest to a working device we have found for her is the blu, but they taste so bad she can't sustain the use of one. Any help is appreciated.

This one satisfies all the criteria you listed:

Kanger Esmart 510 BCC Starter kit, Kanger Esmart BCC clearomizer, Kanger Esmart Kit

11 mm diameter, but it is a real clearomizer with changeable coils, it flashes more than what you would think a small device can do. I have been using the
clearomizer for about one and a half year, I put cotton into it (you don't have to though) and it is just good and simple. And looks nice!

I sometimes vape VG only (80 VG, 20 water), no problem at all. Just take care that the wick has enough liquid after filling up (wait and draw 2-3 times without firing).

As there is a set with a non-BCC clearomizer (no changeable coils), you should watch that you take (if you buy it) the set with the BCC clearo.

PS
The C atomizer head of the eRoll must not, but can easily be problematic with VG ... as far as my own experience with Joyetech eCab (with the same heads) goes.

PPS ;-)
"insanely low powered": she could also try the 2,5 Ohm atomizer heads (alternatively to the 1,8 Ohm heads of the e-smart kit that comes with it) .

Last edited:

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Dang... That little guy is Tiny.
LOL, I know! I've never tried them, but have always thought they were cute. They would never work for me because I vape all day long and would need about a dozen of them in order to vape all day. But, for a new vaper who is intimidated by the size of even the ego, these would be perfect.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I would think for most of the hard core smokers, we all wanted a ciga-like with auto
fire and did`nt want to have to do anything harder then puff on it. But, we learned to change and adapt. Those that are teachable, start racking up time.

Me, coming from Toro sized cigars, I found a mech mod was perfect, :?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread