Status
Not open for further replies.

dr1gonfir5

Jun 23, 2013
Florida
I started vaping 3 months ago after being a smoker of 15 reds a day for more than a year. I'm only 19 and didn't want to have the negative health effects for the rest of my life. I use nicotine to self-medicate for social anxiety, ADHD, and probably a few more little things. I recently came upon some extra cash, so I've been getting more e-cig stuff because I was no longer satisfied with the ego starter kit my local vape shop sold me. I've bought
-at least 15 bottles of 12$ e-liquid
-2 Totally Wicked Tornado tanks (17 bucks a pop)
-2 Artemas tanks ( 21 bucks a pop )
- at least 10 Tornado replacement coils (around 3 bucks)
- at least 10 cartomizer replacements ( like 2.50 each)
And every single one of those devices has failed me. I bought a used Zmax V3 Telescope from my local vape store owner for 60 bucks. Ever since I bought it, both of my tornado tanks burn up every coil (even on low wattages/voltages), both of my artemas tanks leak/flood relentlessly (even after trying several priming techniques), and I've wasted an amount of juice that makes me cringe thinking about the wasted money.

Every time I go into my vape shop and ask for help, I get replies such as:
"You must not be filling it right."
"I've never had that happen to me."
"You must be doing something wrong."

Yet I've never actually gotten help. I got bronchitis shortly after starting vaping and am still to this day coughing with almost every inhale of vapor. The carto tastes great 10% of the time but the rest of the time it's so flooded and the battery is filled with liquid that It's barely even worth it.

My problem is that I've spent so much on those tanks and replacements for them when they don't even work. My local vape shop is no help at all and recently had a very uncomfortable customer service experience there, I will probably not be returning there. I've honestly spent more on vaping than I would have if I kept up my smoking habit, and that bothers me greatly. I'm trying to stay with the e-cig, but it's hard when every puff I take is burnt, flooded, or a harsh lung hit.:mad:

Decipherme

Aug 22, 2012
U.S.A.
Yikes, that sounds super frustrating )= I'm no expert (understatement) but maybe just go back to basics? Try a fat battery & a carto and just keep it simple.

Also, I would order on line. It doesn't sound like that B&M is very darn helpful and you are forking over a lot of cash. Look around and find a good company to buy your hardware from...someone with good customer service!

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Don't give up! It's a learning process for all of us (= and your health is well worth the trouble!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Also glad you found some decent equipment that works. It's bad enough to have equipment that doesn't work, but for the vendor that sold it to you to not be helpful like the first one was, well.....he won't be in business for long. Customer service and customer education is all apart of business. More than likely the guy didn't know enough how to help you.

The Artemas tanks have had issues from day one with flooding issues. PBusardo reported in his review of them that the problem lies with the fill technique used with the fill hole. Do a search on You Tube for PBusardo Artemas tank review. Your tanks may still be salvagable.

We're glad you found us, and stick around to give us an update on the new gear and vendor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread