TSA and the Ecig FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getcusome

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
do i still need a ziploc or can i just bring this along in my carry on?

ecase2.jpg

ecase.jpg

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
I'd let it go myself but I can not say for certain that all TSO's would simply because the liquids technically are not in a quart sized clear plastic bag. If you arent planning on having other liquids with you in one then you can try it and play dumb if they say something about it. Or you could just get one of the bags at the checkpoint and put the whole thing in one since it looks like it might fit.

evil1rox

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
I just went to Las Vegas last week, and so did my Joye510 x 2, PCC, and 2 bottles of Liberty Liquid, 15mL.

Not problems with security at either airport on the way there or on the way back.

One of the 510's was in my pocket and used throughout the airports and during the flights. Stealthy though.

I was taking small drags and exhaling slowly so no visible vapor or very little. Mostly I'd walk to the restroom...puff away, then head back to my seat. After 4 cocktail on the flight I felt a bit ballsy...and the person sitting next to me was a smoker..so I used it in my seat. (Careful to watch for the attendent!!!) As there is no 'cigarette' smell.. I got away with it.

I dare say if I was sitting next to a non-smoker I wouldn't have been so apt to try it at my seat.

I do not recommend this.. but i think a puff or 2 in the restroom shouldn't get you in any serious trouble.

-E

Mclassy

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Hey Getcusome i giggled at your set up. I am still a noob at vaping but your set up at first glance looks like a setup for a private night alone! I would have thought that was some serious sex toys with different flavors of oil. I would think if you get looked at that is what they will be thinking! :) As far as my fellow friends here in Tacoma and my friend there at MCO i look forward to vaping with you. I fly from here to MCO about 2 times a year. Orlando is my home town and visit my family often. Though I am in college and have less time to do it I still have a good routine.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
With the recent happenings and all the questions people have been asking I just thought I would reiterate that I plan on updating this section as the rules pertaining to PVs change. As of now there have been no changes to what should be done that is why I have not changed the FAQ. Just be aware that many airports are being more vigilant than they may have been before. If you follow what is said in the FAQ though the most you will get is a puzzled look, maybe a couple questions, and a test run on your bag.

A member on this forum recently said he was delayed in the checkpoint by TSA for 20 minutes or so as they asked him questions. Just know that his experience is the worst that TSA can legally inflict on anyone.

Happy vaping.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Just got back from mi trip. I left from Norfolk, VA and flew to JFK with delta then vice versa. I had no problems at all. I just put everything in a ziploc bag and threw the guidebook and cards I got from V4L in my purse just in case. But it went through TSA with no problems and no questions asked.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
They call it OIA because the name of the airport is Orlando International Airport. The letter designation MCO comes from when the airport was an air force base. It was McCoy Orlando Air force base.

About the PT question, any and all accessories that one might be traveling with will be fine. The only thing I would steer clear of bringing with you is a syringe unless you have medications you have to inject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread