Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I flew a few months ago with two mods and atomizers, batteries, and e-liquids in my carry-on bag. I didn't even take the mods, batteries, or liquids out of my backpack. No issues at all.

Once I got on board, I put the mods in the same plastic bag with the e-liquid. The pressure changes will make them leak.

Also, keep in mind that the same 3.4 ounce (100ml) rule applies, so no quart bottles of your favorite juice. ;)

Reactions: drysprocket

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
I've never had a problem flying domestically. Actually never even had the TSA look closely at my gear. Last time I flew I took two box mods, a mech, 2 RTAs, a dripper, a Nautilus and a selection of juices. Nobody batted an eye.

Just remember batteries HAVE TO BE IN YOUR CARRY ON. Can't put them in checked luggage. This is a safety thing. If there's a fire in the cabin it can be put out. If there's a fire in the luggage you all die.

Reactions: Joe13
The only thing they're worried about is whether or not your juice and tank are in the clear baggie with your other liquids, and whether your juice bottles fall under the 3oz rule. And, as Rwb1500 said, if you have batteries they need to all be in your carry on. I've flown several times since I started vaping. I put my juice in my baggie with my toothpaste and toiletries, and my mods in my carryon inner pocket. TSA never batted an eye, asked a question, or looked twice at the xray. E-cigs aren't new, they know what they are. They're worried about other stuff than vape gear.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I carry my tanks empty when I fly (so I don't have to worry about them leaking) and just fill them up when I arrive. Carry juice in clear plastic bags. I carry a cigalike with me to keep me held over until I can get my tanks filled. Haven't had an issue yet. Just don't vape on the plane or in the airport until you reach designated areas.

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
Another trick for flying with tanks is to put a bit of cotton in the bottom of an old pill bottle, then put the tank in upside down and keep it that way. The pill bottle helps prevent pressure changes from affecting the tank, keeping it upside down makes it less likely to leak and the cotton will catch anything that might come out anyway. I fly internationally several times a year and that's worked well for me. The TSA folk I've run into recognize e-cigs, so no worries there.

Reactions: Davect06607
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread