Great news about TT!
m0163.gif

DeXTeR

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Valley Head, Alabama
www.vaporjunction.com
Oh and I almost forgot! He used his cpap machine for the first time last night and slept like a baby. He loves it!

I really really really hope that Mrs. TT is a clean freak and dusts as often as possible. Sleep Apnea and CPAP units are a pain in the .... When I took my sleep test I was told that they judge your severeness on a scale of 1-10 on how many times you stop breathing per hour. A 3 is considered SEVERE and I am a 7. The CPAP unit helps for the first 6 months or so and then you start to despise the mask and start yanking it off in the middle of the night. The about of dust, moisture, etc in the air in your bedroom MATTERS! If you don't keep your mask, tube, filters, humidifier, etc CLEAN then you will grow to HATE that damn CPAP and start yanking it off in your sleep.

If TT has any questions please tell him to come to me as I have been using my CPAP for 4 years now and it's a blessing in disguise. It's a love hate relationship, period.

Glad He is doing well and get's to come home soon but he needs information on his sleep apnea. More research is needed imo or he is going to go insane in the coming months.

On that note: Come home soon and safe and we'll worry about this other chit once you get here!

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Wonderful news, Salem!

Judging by how worried all his internet friends were, I can just imagine the worry and stress on his immediate family. I will continue to keep them all in my prayers until TT is back home, safe, and napping on his plaid couch.

TT, may God shelter you under His wings, fill you with health and vitality, and keep you safe. He has blessed you already with so many friends that care about you and yours. Be well and take good care of yourself.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TT is doing great! No sepsis, blood pressure back to normal, blood sugar stable, infection clearing and

HE MIGHT BE HOME BY THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said to tell everyone hello and he misses us, for EP to take good care of Scarface, LD and Free better be here when he gets back and he can feel the love all the way down in Texas :)

When you talk to him, read him this old story from our old banters. It took me about a half-hour to find it, but it was one of my favorites, as was Ts.

A few years back, I went to visit TexasT. After hours of driving, I finally arrived at T's house. I was a bit tired from the long drive.

I walked up to the front porch, walked up the stairs and tiredly knocked on the door. There wasn't any answer. I waited a little bit while listening for any sounds inside. I decided to knock again, this time a little harder. Again, no answer nor any sound. I waited about a minute or two and this time I pounded on the door. Still, not a single sound or response.

TexasT has a small chair by the door and I decided to sit for a minute while I waited for some sign that they were home. Not a second after my bottom hits the chair, a hear someone walking toward the porch. It was Mrs. T. She was breathing a little hard. A look of frustration on her face.

"Hello David", she said as she looked me over.

"Hello Mrs. T", I replied. "Where is T?"

A smile graced her lips and a look of satisfaction came to her face. "Oh, he is where he belongs!"

I knew something wasn't right. I kept any sign of concern inside and just nodded. He walked past me, opened the door and went inside. In the distance, I heard her laugh. It was almost an evil laugh. One that gave me chills. "Check the barn" was soon to follow. I knew right away, I had to find T. I didn't hesitate!

It was a short jog past the house to get to the barn. There is a small field between it and the house. At my pace, it mustn't taken me more than a minute to get there. It seemed like an hour.

I noticed right away that there was a light on in the barn. One of the barn doors was closed. The other was ajar. I realized that I hadn't prepared myself for what was in the barn. In my haste to get to T, I hadn't prepared for much. This realization slowed my pace and I prepared for the worst. Was T still alive? Was he wounded? I had no idea what I was about to find but, the sound of the laugh... The almost evil screech... It was still fresh in my mind. I was scared. I peered in the doorway.

There was nothing there! The barn looked no different than it ever does. The hay was bailed in the back. The stalls were empty. Tools were scattered about. The cow was in the middle of the barn staring at me. Nothing seemed out of place. Except, there was something amiss with the cow. Its facial expression looked as if it were begging. As if it were longing for help. I don't think I had ever seen a cow cry but, it looked as if there were tears welling up in its eyes. I had to find out what was going on and entered the barn, slowly walking towards the cow. That was when I saw it!

The cow was upset. I now understood the emotion. It was hard to see from the angle I had entered the barn but, now it was as clear as day. The cow and T were joined, behind the cow and not in a good way. I could see T's legs, body and arms but, his head. Well, let's just say that the cow was having a bad day and I was left wondering if T could breath. I immediately ran behind the cow, put my leg on its, ummm, cheek. Grabbed T by the shoulder and pulled. T's head came dislodged with a "pop"!

T gave me the saddest look I had ever seen in my life. He was panting, as if he was holding his breath the whole time. I stifled a laugh and shook my head.

"What happened?", I asked.

"Well, we was heading out and Mrs. T was puttin' on her fifth dress. It was the same one she put on the first time. I was hungry! I said 'come on woman' and she said the same thing she said four times before!"

"What was that", I asked. At this point, I thought a long story was coming. T found himself a towel and was cleaning himself off.

"Well, she asked me if the dress made her look fat again", and he emphasized the "again!"

"Oh no. You didn't!", I exclaimed.

"And all I said...", and like the loudest, most sarcastic Moo a cow could ever give he explained, "Noooo!"

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
When you talk to him, read him this old story from our old banters. It took me about a half-hour to find it, but it was one of my favorites, as was Ts.

Sheesh LD! You know the man likes to talk? I doubt that I could get that entire story in there but I will try LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I really really really hope that Mrs. TT is a clean freak and dusts as often as possible. Sleep Apnea and CPAP units are a pain in the .... When I took my sleep test I was told that they judge your severeness on a scale of 1-10 on how many times you stop breathing per hour. A 3 is considered SEVERE and I am a 7. The CPAP unit helps for the first 6 months or so and then you start to despise the mask and start yanking it off in the middle of the night. The about of dust, moisture, etc in the air in your bedroom MATTERS! If you don't keep your mask, tube, filters, humidifier, etc CLEAN then you will grow to HATE that damn CPAP and start yanking it off in your sleep.

If TT has any questions please tell him to come to me as I have been using my CPAP for 4 years now and it's a blessing in disguise. It's a love hate relationship, period.

Glad He is doing well and get's to come home soon but he needs information on his sleep apnea. More research is needed imo or he is going to go insane in the coming months.

On that note: Come home soon and safe and we'll worry about this other chit once you get here!

DeXter, I have been wearing a cpap for 8 years and have not had any of those troubles that you speak of. My cpap has a small filter at the air intake to filter out any dust. I LOVE mine and would not be able to sleep without it! :)

TT stopped breathing like 240 times an hour. It was one of the worst cases that the doc had ever seen. Pretty sure that his blood oxygen fell to 80% saturation which is low. Mine is pretty severe and I stopped breathing 140 some times an hour to give people an idea of just how bad that really is :(

DeX if your cpap does not include a humidifier get one that does. I am not able to use mine without the humidifier. It makes a world of difference :)

Edit- oops I see that yours does have humidifier. Hmmm IDK DeX I have 3 other family members that have been using them a very long time and we all love them.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Well darn. Looks like he will be there until at least Monday. He still seems to be doing well but they want to really make sure that the infection is 100% cleared before letting him come home. He sounded a little down about that but knows that he needs to follow medical advice. No real changes to report as he seems to still be improving :) I know it really sux being in the hospital.

TT said to send everyone his love and tell you all how much he truly misses each and every one of us :) I have continued to relay the outpouring of support that he is getting here.

Same time tomorrow I will check again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread