RDA Tugboat RDA Clone (my review and questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenstew702

Dec 30, 2014
Las Vegas
Just got my Tugboat Clone in the mail. It's not too bad if its going to be your 1st rda but it just doesn't work as well as my Sig-s. (Which is my 1st and only other rda lol) But hey, Thats why I'm posting in the newbies forum. The non-clone version may work better but i cant say from personal experience. All I can say is i wish I wouldve gotten a V2 or Plum Veil clone or anything else but i guess the price/color of it was too enticing for me or somethin. At least I'll have a back up rda to put on my Kecig K100 tho until I can get one that works better.
Anyway, I had to drill the side holes in a little more to get the airflow a little better but it seems to just eat juice up a lot faster than my Sig-S and yet it doesnt give as much vapor, so thats weird. The only other problem with mine is that it seems like the right post isnt working as well as the left. I may need to recoil the whole thing. I tried another coil in the post that isnt getting as hot but it still isnt workin right. do all of the version 1's not come with the small screws for the post? i noticed in mine I have a copper positive post and that it only came with these lil black screw / plug lookin things and IDK if they all come that way. Has anyone else seen those ones? maybe the black things are for the wicks or somethin? but I've never used wicks and i dont think i ever will since cotton and coils seem to get a lot of vapor pro. I hope i can find screws thatll fit in the tugboats posts. I got reall used ti them on my other RDA.

Any suggestions on a larger RDA that I can get as a clone for like $15-$20? I dont mind if it eats juice up as long as it has good vapor production / air flow. I would like to also go a step or 2 up in size for an RDA since I have 2 small ones and really want to try the bigger RDA's but they may be too $$ for me right now but at least I'll know what to get when I have the cash to spend on one.

I
:vapor: I <3 ECF already

Attachments

• 20150103_184017.jpg
    20150103_184017.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 20150103_184822.jpg
    20150103_184822.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 190

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
have you looked for RDA's at FastTech? - they have crazy low prices if cash is tight and an amazon star type rating on each one from hundreds of vapers

and they take PayPal, so if you sell something on ebay, instant vape money!

only downside to FastTech is that they take about 2 weeks before your order arrives, Hong Kong is a long way!

FastTech is super reliable as 1000's of folks here on ECF can attest!

click the link in the first line above and then sort by popularity, they only have 1120 different RDA's - lol

or you can just do a search on something like "dark horse" - oh yeah, free shippin with no minimum order

here is that dark horse clone mentioned - it's a good one! (and a big one)

Last edited:

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
I purchased a Tugboat clone today, a Tobeco, and the biggest complaint I have is that the post screws are a SOB to tighten down. I've noticed it with all three Tobeco clones I own (A pyyro (P.O.S), a Plume Vail 1.5, and now the Tugboat). They will back out for a while on you, which will really reduce your vape experience.

What kind of coil and wick setup are you running? I'm not a massive cloud chaser (I like density), but I've actually found a need to back off on the airflow of the Tugboat more than open her up. For around $20 there is also the Plume Vail (clone), which also rocks.

SndGrdn

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Courtdale, PA, Ω
If you want a lot of air flow go with the Dark Horse.

The Little Boy is a really nice RDA but IMO the air flow is to tight unless you drill it out.

I agree with the poster about FastTech great place to be able to try a bunch of different RDAs

Also check out the Freakshow, Just got mine from FastTech. Flavor and Vapor are excellent.

:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread