Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Hey guys, I'm finally going to be building mods to sell. my mods will primarily be made from exotic woods supplied me, or you'll also have the option of choosing your own wood to send in for me to make your custom mod. primarily hard wood mods, and stabilized wood and wood/resin blocks.

my first design I'm releasing now is a bit unique, it's a dual 18650 dna200, but I have designed it in a way to maximize space and create a mod that is pocket friendly and relatively compact, considering it's capacity. it's unlike any other bottom feeder design out there really and I have ben developing and testing it for many months now. I call it an "over and under" design, because the bottle sits horizontally, underneath the dual 18650's.

this design really makes for a nice compact bottom feeder and is the best way I've found to build a dual 18650 dna200 without making it just way too wide. it squonks every bit as good as a conventional bottom feeder, the actual juice travel path is really not much longer than a conventional setup because this design feeds from the top of the bottle rather than the bottom as all other feeders do. it feeds and drains just as well as a conventional setup. it actually feeds even better than most because it uses a very large stainless steel 2.4mm juice feed.

the battery connections are all spring loaded with solid silver contacts for very low maintenance and rock solid power delivery. the 510 is custom made by me and uses a 2.4mm stainless steel feed shaft, it's self adjusting "spring" loaded design so every atty sits flush with no adjusting, it's designed to give a solid leak proof connection and is also easily end user sevicable to give many years of trouble free use. the dna200 chip is remotely located on the opposite side of the mod to avoid ever having any juice damage to the chip

I've been using the first prototype for several months now, here are some pictures of the first prototype along side a few other mods to give you an idea of it's size. this one is made from african blackwood with matching african blackwood door and a brass faceplate. among the faceplate options are brass, brushed aluminum and wood, also with several options for the buttons. the door can of course be either matching or contrasting from a different wood. this is just the prototype and will differ slightly from the actual production design as a few slight changes and improvements to the design have been made since this prototype.

first here is a picture next to one of the tiniest mechanical bottom feeders ever. considering it has twice the amount of battery and a dna200 chip in there, it's really not that huge compared to it :)

DSC_0459_zpsrmpgrfa9.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsuwmgbo67.jpg

DSC_0461_zpsejbz5qwt.jpg

and here are a few pictures next to a dna40 woodvil, again for size comparison

DSC_0450_zpsvtx7ref3.jpg

DSC_0452_zpsdoxkxb3c.jpg

DSC_0453_zpsbdulpptd.jpg

DSC_0455_zpstwduegce.jpg

DSC_0456_zpswlmpq4ev.jpg

DSC_0457_zps6wwidxro.jpg

DSC_0467_zpsmzwredb9.jpg

DSC_0468_zpshw5usvmx.jpg

and a few solo shots

DSC_0469_zpsymfwhldv.jpg

DSC_0470_zpsep4hj7cs.jpg

DSC_0471_zpscsoffjrh.jpg

DSC_0472_zpslzeg2ydg.jpg

DSC_0474_zps4rau414c.jpg

I'll add more to this post tomorrow I just really wanted to get this thread started.

PLEASE NOTE that I do already have a few friends from here that have already expressed interest in this mod and a few have been promised one of the first spots on the list for these mods already, so please be aware that even if you are one of the first here to say you want one, there are already a few people ahead of you. I will add the list of people who are already on the list in a few days when I am able to confirm that list

introductory price is $549 plus the actual wood block, this means that if you send in your own wood the price will be $549, if you buy a mod built from my own wood then the price will vary depending on how expensive the wood it's built from may be. some may be $549 including the wood if it's a relatively inexpensive wood, while other more exotic woods will obviously be more, depending on the wood

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
so by placing the bottle on its side the liquid travels almost the same distance it travels from the bottom of a normally placed squonk bottle..what about the position of the tube inside the bottle? I assume it has to be touching the side of the bottle that is now it's bottom.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
so by placing the bottle on its side the liquid travels almost the same distance it travels from the bottom of a normally placed squonk bottle..what about the position of the tube inside the bottle? I assume it has to be touching the side of the bottle that is now it's bottom.

Tamer, there is no tube in the bottle at all, the tube ends right at the bottles cap. when you squonk this mod you just have to be conscious that the atty side of the mod needs to be tilted down slightly as opposed to being tilted up. it doesn't take much tilt and it becomes intuitive very quickly, if you did happen to squonk it while the mod is tilted back the wrong way then you would immediately be able to tell because the bottle will compress with no resistance just pumping air vs feeling the normal resistance of a squonk. if that happens you just simply tilt it slightly then squonk again

one interesting thing about this design is that you can actually sort of refill the bottle while it is still in the mod because of this. you could tilt the mod back, squeeze the bottle to expel just air, then you could add juice to the atty well while releasing the squonk pressure, resulting in actually sucking the new juice into the bottle. you could use this method also to clear a flooded atty, just tilt it back slightly and squonk just air, then release, which would still cause suction back into the bottle. this would evacuate any excess juice in the atty. sometimes if I want to add some juice to the mod from my friends dripper I just tilt the mod back and squeeze then start dripping juice into the atty while releasing the squonk, sucking the new juice into the mod

Congrats Turbo, this mod looks great. I'll be wanting one of these soon. Does the battery charger work as a passthrough?

the on board usb battery charger does not actually work as a pass through. while charging, if you take a vape, it will pause charging for a few seconds while you vape then it will just resume charging. a true pass through would allow the charge current to fully power the vape independent of the battery, but here the usb charging current isn't really enough to fully power the vape on its own, so yes, you can vape it while it's charging, but technically it's not a true pass trough

Looks great Turbo!! Very innovative juice feed design. Like the use of the exotic woods also :thumb: What wood finish will be offered?

personally I'm a fan of hand rubbed oil finishes on exotic woods for the best feel in hand, but I do offer a high gloss finish too for those who want that.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Congrats on getting your thread up, T-cad! Your design looks great (which I knew, because, well, I invented the internet).
Best of luck, man!:thumb:

say, :?: . . . did you consider putting a magic bottle in there?

. .. like . . . one that doesn't require refilling? That would make refilling a lot easier.
Just something to think about. I mean, your design with the bottle that requires refilling is great too tho! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread