Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
thanks man, I'm finally on my feet again and back in the shop, tomorrow I'm hoping to get some more work done.

right now #'s 6 & 10 are done, I'm working on #'s 0, 5, 6, 8 & 12 with 3 & 9 right behind them, and then I'll be able to really get more into making a bigger batch of ultems as I move down the list. I'll try to have a piece to show for the black ultem by the end of the week I think.

ok so I have already tried to make a video for my dna200 squonker and how the over and under horizontal bit works, but they all just kinda really sucked, I'm not so good at sitting there with the camera faced on me and performing so I decided to just show a video of just the basics of operation and performance with no audio... but then it was boring as hell with no sound so I decided to use a few soundtracks from one of my friends music with his permission, he's a great bouzouki player and I've recently just heard some of his stuff since he friended me on Facebook and turns out I really like his music, and it seemed perfect for a background soundtrack ... but then how to get the music on there? and still leave the right sound levels to hear the squonk and all the squishy sounds of suction from the otherwise silent video?

so I winded up having to download iMovie and figure it all out, but I managed to get at least something together FINALLY.

here is the video, and yeah I spelled funnel wrong..., I see that now but too lazy right now to go back and edit the whole thing again :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
it's not over yet, too much pain to sleep, too much pain to lay down, too much pain to sit up, just too much pain no matter what I do, I was ok earlier, no severe pain for a while but now it's back & won't let up no matter what I do, wish I could get a little sleep, I'm really tired of this pain wearing me down for a whole week now. fu kin pain :( sorry I just needed to vent somewhere, gotta be a seriously screwed up muscle thing in my neck or a pinched nerve or something but man this feeling of helplessness just sucks :(

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
not ready for a doctor yet although man I have thought about it, I looked into muscle relaxers now and after some reading I just took a xanex for the first time, see what that does :)

Won't do ..... Need like a hydrokodone spelled wrong. That'll have ya back on yer feet in no time but be careful with that shizzzz

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Awesome video... it's really cool to see the DNA200 in hand, too. Man, those things are small!
Sorry about your back, Turbo. That's seriously the worst because there is no way to get comfortable. I second the doctor advice, Xanax won't hep (may make you not care about it for a while, but ultimately won't make anything better).
Really hope you feel better soon.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Yep, muscle relaxers are usually a gift of the gods for back pain. Was on them and physical therapy for a year when I herniated a disc as a young man. Get to the doctor before it gets worse. I waited till I couldn't take it any longer and my spine was curved the wrong way when I did.

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
thanks man, I'm finally on my feet again and back in the shop, tomorrow I'm hoping to get some more work done.

right now #'s 6 & 10 are done, I'm working on #'s 0, 5, 6, 8 & 12 with 3 & 9 right behind them, and then I'll be able to really get more into making a bigger batch of ultems as I move down the list. I'll try to have a piece to show for the black ultem by the end of the week I think.

ok so I have already tried to make a video for my dna200 squonker and how the over and under horizontal bit works, but they all just kinda really sucked, I'm not so good at sitting there with the camera faced on me and performing so I decided to just show a video of just the basics of operation and performance with no audio... but then it was boring as hell with no sound so I decided to use a few soundtracks from one of my friends music with his permission, he's a great bouzouki player and I've recently just heard some of his stuff since he friended me on Facebook and turns out I really like his music, and it seemed perfect for a background soundtrack ... but then how to get the music on there? and still leave the right sound levels to hear the squonk and all the squishy sounds of suction from the otherwise silent video?

so I winded up having to download iMovie and figure it all out, but I managed to get at least something together FINALLY.

here is the video, and yeah I spelled funnel wrong..., I see that now but too lazy right now to go back and edit the whole thing again :)

Killer!!

Could I commission you to make me an Ultem cap for my Nuppin too? :D

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
it's not over yet, too much pain to sleep, too much pain to lay down, too much pain to sit up, just too much pain no matter what I do, I was ok earlier, no severe pain for a while but now it's back & won't let up no matter what I do, wish I could get a little sleep, I'm really tired of this pain wearing me down for a whole week now. fu kin pain :( sorry I just needed to vent somewhere, gotta be a seriously screwed up muscle thing in my neck or a pinched nerve or something but man this feeling of helplessness just sucks :(
I slipped a disc at a very young age and it gives me more and more issues the older I get. I feel your pain buddy :(

Get well soon!

EDIT: Muscle relaxers good, opiates bad

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
well I got a few hours sleep but still feel like a train wreck, heating pad right now, might still make it down to the shop a bit later I hope. I hate to keep discussing this back pain, really don't even belong here, but does anyone know of any good over the counter muscle relaxers? I've been downing advils the past week but very little help there, really not looking to go to a doctor at this point if I can at all help it :)

and henry etta, thanks, admittedly it's not really "small" I guess, but considering all it contains it is pretty small as far as a dual 18650 mod goes :)

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You really need to see an ortho doc ASAP. There aren't any good OTC muscle relaxers to my knowledge. Depending on what you have going on heat may not be the best thing. Judging from your symptoms I don't think you're going to get better on your own. Know this isn't what you want to hear but this isn't something your can tuff out and will probably get worse the longer you wait. I've had back issues for over 30 years and do have some experience on this subject :facepalm:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
John
I've been dealing with sciatica and pinched nerve off and on since '69. Heating pad should help you some but, I know that trying to get comfortable to sleep is a struggle. It might be worth a little trip to a chiropractor at least to maybe get more options for relief. Don't push yourself, man. We're all looking forward to getting our stuff but, I'm sure we'd rather you not be miserable.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
just catching up on a few missed posts from the past week

I've been seeing super_X raving about Dicodes chip, any chance of getting an ultem with dicodes Turbo?

I've seen a lot of stuff about the dicodes chip and honestly I haven't seen anything making me believe it to be superior to evolv's escribe chips... I've been using evolv chips for years now and there customer support and community support is second to none and there chips are the benchmark all others are measured against so honestly I haven't felt the need to go exploring elsewhere. even if the dicodes is every bit as good I still prefer the escribe capabilities and working with a company that supports it's modders like no other, so I'm a pretty faithful evolv fanboy at this point I guess... I wouldn't be opposed to exploring the option if someone wanted to send me a dicodes chip to play with, but I don't plan on actively seeking it out at this point, evolv's chips really are awesome for my mods in my opinion :)

Someone from hemo asking bout this ultem version squonker..and he's asking whats its name?...is there a name for this beautiful mod yet?...sorry if i missed it anywhere since i'm not so active here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I guess I never really got round to naming any of my mods, I just call it the big apple mods ultem dna75 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread