Status
Not open for further replies.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
well I got a few hours sleep but still feel like a train wreck, heating pad right now, might still make it down to the shop a bit later I hope. I hate to keep discussing this back pain, really don't even belong here, but does anyone know of any good over the counter muscle relaxers? I've been downing advils the past week but very little help there, really not looking to go to a doctor at this point if I can at all help it :)

and henry etta, thanks, admittedly it's not really "small" I guess, but considering all it contains it is pretty small as far as a dual 18650 mod goes :)

Some OTC pain relievers help some people, other people have to use a different one. Try 2 Aleve and see if that might help you get partial relief. Make sure you have not had any Advil for 4 hours before you take the Aleve. It will not make your back better, but it might help a bit until you can get to the Orthopedic.

Edit: I know it sucks, but you really need to break down and go see an Orthopedic. They can prescribe meds that will help!

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
thanks, I'm going to go pick up some aleve and give it a shot, was thinking of maybe trying tylenol but I'll try the aleve :)

Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) has a reputation for helping to reduce inflammation.

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
it's not over yet, too much pain to sleep, too much pain to lay down, too much pain to sit up, just too much pain no matter what I do, I was ok earlier, no severe pain for a while but now it's back & won't let up no matter what I do, wish I could get a little sleep, I'm really tired of this pain wearing me down for a whole week now. fu kin pain :( sorry I just needed to vent somewhere, gotta be a seriously screwed up muscle thing in my neck or a pinched nerve or something but man this feeling of helplessness just sucks :(
Try alternating hot & cold packs.
Cold packs work better for inflammation than heat.

hotsauc333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) has a reputation for helping to reduce inflammation.

I take Naproxen and Baclofen (muscle relaxer) both of these help me out. I use ice when it's really bad. I had to use a tens unit (not sure of the spelling) to sleep.

I just had lower back surgery in January. The pain was so bad (just like your describing) I couldn't do anything.

Take care of yourself.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Ibuprofen (Advil)? GI Candy. Even with 800mg doses it's nearly worthless for real pain.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol), even less use than Ibuprofen.

Naproxen sodium (Aleve) may be some help at the right dose, but the OTC dose ain't going to do much. I was prescribed 550mg, twice a day for tendonitis in my wrist. It helped with the inflammation some, but not much with the overall pain. Still took weeks for it to subside. I couldn't lift more than a few ounces with that hand until it did.

Tendonitis in my hand recently, led to Diclofenac (Voltaren) at 50mg.
Similar results as Naproxen, with smaller doses.

Hydrocodone, now were talking. But opioids have dangers. And HC is mild on the effect scale. Until 2014 it was always mixed with and NSAID like Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen, and I never found it very effective for me. Zohydro ER was approved in 2014 which is pure HC, in an extended release form.

Oxycodone about the same (some studies say stronger), though I think more likely to from dependency.

Here's a good reference for pain meds and relative strengths.
Equianalgesic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shows it takes 1350mg of Naproxen to equal 10mg of Hydrocodone or Morphine, but its effects last longer (12-24 hrs v/s 4-6 or 2-3).

That list also shows the really strong stuff, like Fentanyl, but you aren't likely to see those used unless others are not effective after a long period.

Very few options OTC (with good reason). You're going to have to see a doctor to get a prescription for anything that's likely to help much.

And then you'll have access to muscle relaxers that will probably be more effective.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
mustard root and rabbit dropping poultice. :|

(feel better, man)
Thank you Dr Bee...I was wondering when someone would chime in with an effective remedy ;)

That mustard root is hard to locate sometimes though :D

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
thanks guys, I'm not the kind that likes to take pills in general and I'll usually avoid taking anything as much as possible,I took one zanex just because I was going out of my mind without any sleep and any chance of getting comfortable at all and just agonizing pain, it def did it's job though, knocked me out for a few hours which was what I desperately needed at the time :) but I'm the type where I wouldn't touch another one again, so not much dependency risks for me really

I took a few aleve and I picked up some tiger balm. at least I winded up getting a chance to mod something today, I winded up modifying a new toilet brush into a really good tiger balm applicator with a removable microfiber pad :) turned out to be the perfect applicator tool really, after removing 3/4 of the bristles and forming a contact pad area with the bristles and wrapping the whole rear bald part with velcro where the brittles were removed, I attached the microfiber cloth and pad which holds like crazy to the velco, it works awesome and I can reach 100% of my back with it and even apply some pressure with it :)

I've lived with flareups like this for many years, I know the routine and it will get better as it heals just like it always does, just a matter of weather it's going to last 3 days or 7 or 10 really, and of course how bad it will get this time, but it always passes and rarely does it get this bad.

there are 2 kinds of back pains I get, one is the pinched nerve type deal that comes from a herniated L3 disc that I've had for years, that's really like an icepick jabbed in your spine shooting type of pain that can have you seeing stars and can shoot down the leg too, that one can literally make it impossible to even stand up, stuff like that, but this wasn't that one at all.

this is more of a dull larger type of pain more the size of a fist than a needle point like a pinched nerve, pretty sure its a muscle in my neck/back that runs from the base of the skull all the way to under the right armpit, if I try to look up or bend my head way back the pain becomes excruciating while compressing this muscle, but I'm pretty sure it's just a strained muscle. I think hanging my head over a bucket hunched over with my chin pressed down nearly to my collar bone for hours on end for a week straight while wet sanding and polishing may have aggravated it with strain, I gotta find a better posture for the work I'm doing when it come to CA finishing a mod, turns out it's a real pain in the neck in more ways that one :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
mustard root and rabbit dropping poultice. :|

(feel better, man)

I'm an eye of newt man, myself. Toe of frog in a pinch.

Be well, turbo. I "wrenched" my back 20 years ago while skiing - damn thing still acts up just when it's most inconvenient.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
theres a certain type of herb i hear is really good for pain... lol

take care of yourself man! make sure to take stretch breaks!

yeah man been herb free for a long time now but this kind of reminds me of why it wasn't such a bad thing really :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I winded up modifying a new toilet brush into a really good tiger balm applicator with a removable microfiber pad

Can we get those in ultem? I'll start a list. :)

Glad you got a wee bit of rest. Hoping for the best for ya.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny

yeah see I generally hate cold things, the cold tends to make my muscles tighten up and therefore strain and hurt even more, when I'm freezing my whole back can tense up enough to just turn into a wall of pain with multiple muscles cramping up, ever feel a whole back charley horse? that's what freezing cold does to me :) my muscles generally feel best when I'm hot and even hot and sweaty, that's def more soothing for me personally than cold so I avoid cold packs although you're probably right, it would maybe help localized to the one spot i guess :)

cheeseofvapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
hey turbo have you heard of the thera cane? it helps mush out those hard-to-reach back knots out. then may be you can make an ultem one and i can buy it lol

oBnD0DO.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Empathy.
Long story short = my neck got real bad, fixed now.
3neck.jpg

thanks guys, I'm not the kind that likes to take pills in general and I'll usually avoid taking anything as much as possible,I took one zanex just because I was going out of my mind without any sleep and any chance of getting comfortable at all and just agonizing pain, it def did it's job though, knocked me out for a few hours which was what I desperately needed at the time :) but I'm the type where I wouldn't touch another one again, so not much dependency risks for me really

I took a few aleve and I picked up some tiger balm. at least I winded up getting a chance to mod something today, I winded up modifying a new toilet brush into a really good tiger balm applicator with a removable microfiber pad :) turned out to be the perfect applicator tool really, after removing 3/4 of the bristles and forming a contact pad area with the bristles and wrapping the whole rear bald part with velcro where the brittles were removed, I attached the microfiber cloth and pad which holds like crazy to the velco, it works awesome and I can reach 100% of my back with it and even apply some pressure with it :)

I've lived with flareups like this for many years, I know the routine and it will get better as it heals just like it always does, just a matter of weather it's going to last 3 days or 7 or 10 really, and of course how bad it will get this time, but it always passes and rarely does it get this bad.

there are 2 kinds of back pains I get, one is the pinched nerve type deal that comes from a herniated L3 disc that I've had for years, that's really like an icepick jabbed in your spine shooting type of pain that can have you seeing stars and can shoot down the leg too, that one can literally make it impossible to even stand up, stuff like that, but this wasn't that one at all.

this is more of a dull larger type of pain more the size of a fist than a needle point like a pinched nerve, pretty sure its a muscle in my neck/back that runs from the base of the skull all the way to under the right armpit, if I try to look up or bend my head way back the pain becomes excruciating while compressing this muscle, but I'm pretty sure it's just a strained muscle. I think hanging my head over a bucket hunched over with my chin pressed down nearly to my collar bone for hours on end for a week straight while wet sanding and polishing may have aggravated it with strain, I gotta find a better posture for the work I'm doing when it come to CA finishing a mod, turns out it's a real pain in the neck in more ways that one :)

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
yeah see I generally hate cold things, the cold tends to make my muscles tighten up and therefore strain and hurt even more, when I'm freezing my whole back can tense up enough to just turn into a wall of pain with multiple muscles cramping up, ever feel a whole back charley horse? that's what freezing cold does to me :) my muscles generally feel best when I'm hot and even hot and sweaty, that's def more soothing for me personally than cold so I avoid cold packs although you're probably right, it would maybe help localized to the one spot i guess :)
I hate cold as well, unless I am snow skiing. I played sports and have had physical therapy a couple of times . It seems counter intuitive but ice packs are what sports doctors and therapist recommend. You ever see football players sitting in a tub of ice at the end of a game?:shock:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Killer!!

Could I commission you to make me an Ultem cap for my Nuppin too? :D

I'm sure I could do that. I have some material to make a cap from so I guess I could offer this to anyone already buying a mod. eventually I'd like to make some more unique ultem caps for a few different atties too but right now doing them manually just takes too much time to be very cost effective, once I can get enough together to buy a little cnc lathe then I'll really make a bunch of caps, I've got a few ideas in mind, I've always wanted to design my own atty but truthfully there are so many really good bases already out there that the main thing that would need to be made to realize some of my design ideas is the caps really.

Killer video Turbo! It was a tad awkward the first couple squonks but I'm already getting quite used to the horizontal juice feed!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

yeah it does take some getting used to but I think it becomes intuitive pretty quickly, and the longer juice run can sometimes require an extra second or 2 of holding pressure at the squonk, the natural tendency is to try and press harder but sometimes just a lighter press but held for a few extra seconds does the job, especially with high VG.

I just received these silicone bottles that I used in that video right before making the video and after I already sent your mods out, at the time I thought that they def wouldn't fit my 200's because, well, they definitely don't fit the 200's :) but after seeing how awesome these bottles are I decided to carve this one out a bit in the base to make enough room for it to fit and man, this bottle is just perfect for this 200 mod, I mean the dna200 over and under squonks pretty well with even the standard $6 italian bottles, but wow they really squonk awesome with these $18 bottles man, they really are 3 times as good and worth the price I'd say :)

I'm going to modify my design a little to make this bottle fit all the over and under dna200's going foward, they're so badazz that honestly I'd like to include this bottle as the default bottle in all of my 200 mods instead of a pair of the regular italian bottles, there that good really, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to include this bottle depending on available supply but you could always switch out to this new bottle, this bottle really just makes the whole mod better :)

now the first 2 mods I sent out do not accommodate this bottle because I originally designed them around the previous Italian bottles which are actually pretty good really, but if either you or benthos ever decided you wanted to, you could send me back your mod and I'd try to massage it opened up enough to take this new silicone bottle too. it may require some serious thinning of some already thin areas on the existing mods but going foward I'd like all my mods to fit these bottles out of the box so I'll beef up the areas where necessary on all future ones so this bottle at least becomes an option, I know a lot of guys are complaining about the price but they're really insanely awesome :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey turbo have you heard of the thera cane? it helps mush out those hard-to-reach back knots out. then may be you can make an ultem one and i can buy it lol

oBnD0DO.jpg

ha, I actually do that with a 10 lb sledge hammer :)

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I'm sure I could do that. I have some material to make a cap from so I guess I could offer this to anyone already buying a mod. eventually I'd like to make some more unique ultem caps for a few different atties too but right now doing them manually just takes too much time to be very cost effective, once I can get enough together to buy a little cnc lathe then I'll really make a bunch of caps, I've got a few ideas in mind, I've always wanted to design my own atty but truthfully there are so many really good bases already out there that the main thing that would need to be made to realize some of my design ideas is the caps really.

yeah it does take some getting used to but I think it becomes intuitive pretty quickly, and the longer juice run can sometimes require an extra second or 2 of holding pressure at the squonk, the natural tendency is to try and press harder but sometimes just a lighter press but held for a few extra seconds does the job, especially with high VG.

I just received these silicone bottles that I used in that video right before making the video and after I already sent your mods out, at the time I thought that they def wouldn't fit my 200's because, well, they definitely don't fit the 200's :) but after seeing how awesome these bottles are I decided to carve this one out a bit in the base to make enough room for it to fit and man, this bottle is just perfect for this 200 mod, I mean the dna200 over and under squonks pretty well with even the standard $6 italian bottles, but wow they really squonk awesome with these $18 bottles man, they really are 3 times as good and worth the price I'd say :)

I'm going to modify my design a little to make this bottle fit all the over and under dna200's going foward, they're so badazz that honestly I'd like to include this bottle as the default bottle in all of my 200 mods instead of a pair of the regular italian bottles, there that good really, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to include this bottle depending on available supply but you could always switch out to this new bottle, this bottle really just makes the whole mod better :)

now the first 2 mods I sent out do not accommodate this bottle because I originally designed them around the previous Italian bottles which are actually pretty good really, but if either you or benthos ever decided you wanted to, you could send me back your mod and I'd try to massage it opened up enough to take this new silicone bottle too. it may require some serious thinning of some already thin areas on the existing mods but going foward I'd like all my mods to fit these bottles out of the box so I'll beef up the areas where necessary on all future ones so this bottle at least becomes an option, I know a lot of guys are complaining about the price but they're really insanely awesome :)
These Italian bottles are working fine so probably just stick with them, and I have a ton of spares already. [emoji1]

About the horizontal feed, the important thing is to be sure there's no kink in the tube! I thought I'd installed the bottle after exactly how you instructed, but there was just enough kink to suppress flow for my all VG diy. I was mashing like hail on the bottle to get only a small drop to feed through, lol. Once the kink was fixed, it almost feeds too good! [emoji1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread