Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
IT'S HERE!

Pics and thoughts to come.

It's beautiful John!

Gracias!

Here's a sneak...

View attachment 606653

Stabilized wood, ebony panel from Turbo, left-handed, centered 510, Ultem buttons, dna 75

How does it vape? How does it feel in the hand? How many more will you buy?

:D

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
How does it vape? How does it feel in the hand? How many more will you buy?

:D

I have to learn the DNA 75 and Temp Control and eScribe!

It's wonderfully made. I'm used to the CC so I'm training my hand (this one is wider) and learning to squonk with the tip of my ring finger. All joints and finish are crisp. The up-sliding door is very smooth and "snaps" back into place. Really, John's craftsmanship is top notch! It's very well made. There is nothing loose, wiggly, or tentative about this mod. The finish on the ebony faceplate is like satin.

I'm sorry I can't write more about it's performance but, I have to figure some stuff out first.

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
IT'S HERE!

Pics and thoughts to come.

It's beautiful John!

Gracias!

Here's a sneak...

View attachment 606653

Stabilized wood, ebony panel from Turbo, left-handed, centered 510, Ultem buttons, DNA 75

Congratulations! That's a beauty [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I've downloaded the DNA 75 manual, the eScribe software, the eScribe instructions, and have started watching the eScribe training video. I can't figure out the buttons and operation. Can some kind soul point me to a simple list of commands?

I even need to figure out why when I attach a cold atomizer I don't get the "New Atomizer?" screen....

I did get it to switch to Power mode and was able to raise and lower the power and test out the squonk and vape action which is great. I'm just ost and looking for my "Jane".

Thanks all!

jane.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
going to bed right now can't keep my eyes open any longer, I'll post up some basics later this afternoon or evening but you don't have to get a new coil/same coil prompt each time, it only asks when it's not clear to it's logic weather it could be or not but it's not sure, but in many cases it just knows so it doesn't ask...

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Thanks Turbo. No rush. Give them peepers some rest.

hooked it up to eScribe and was able to Restore the Default settings so, I can start from scratch and stop trying to undo every thing I messed up!

Oh and, the button lights up!!!! Check out the ebony to box seam...so clean!

20161015_061357-001.jpg

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Apologies for posting so much but, I'm really digging Turbo's work. It's starting to feel comfortable in hand. Got it to work in Power mode until I educate myself on TC and DNA75. Super soft bottle squeeze. I might switch to a firmer one.

The buttons have a nice quiet "click". With the up-sliding door I'd suggest an off-set atty. John and I went over this and I decided for a centered. Next one will be off-set or have a down-sliding door.

The battery is a tight fit and takes a little push to get fully in. It ain't falling out. Even fully loaded it's a very light mod. Everything fits together so well.

Thanks again John!

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Apologies for posting so much but, I'm really digging Turbo's work. It's starting to feel comfortable in hand. Got it to work in Power mode until I educate myself on TC and DNA75. Super soft bottle squeeze. I might switch to a firmer one.

The buttons have a nice quiet "click". With the up-sliding door I'd suggest an off-set atty. John and I went over this and I decided for a centered. Next one will be off-set or have a down-sliding door.

The battery is a tight fit and takes a little push to get fully in. It ain't falling out. Even fully loaded it's a very light mod. Everything fits together so well.

Thanks again John!

View attachment 606853

View attachment 606859
Gorgeous!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle

Thanks again John!

View attachment 606853

View attachment 606859

Tele, that's a beautiful mod man! May I suggest you sit down and watch this.

EScribe Training Simulator v9.5

The cool thing is that you can jump around to the sections that are giving you trouble using the index on the right.

It should have you up and running TC in no time. ;)

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
wow guys, great pics, especially those sunlight shots :) lately I've been living like a vampire, up all night then sleeping half the day but I really should get some sunlight pics eventually I guess :lol:

man I really want to sit down and do a nice writeup about temp control but I just haven't had the time, those evolv walkthroughs were done over a year ago and there are some minor changes in button and menu operations since then that I don't think are covered fully in them. as son as I get this batch of ultems done I'm going to try to do a writeup but for now Trey, I posted some basic instructions a while back for Ray when he got his mod and hopefully this will give you some guidance as to the button operations and stuff, any questions lmk and I'll clarify whatever I can here but here's the post which should get you started I think :

ray, hold down the up and down buttons together for 5 seconds and it'll then say "temp locked" or "power locked", now while in this up/down locked mode, when you press either up or down 2 times it will start to cycle through the profiles and with each successive up or down press it advances to the next profile, there are 8 profiles stored in the chip and it will continuously cycle through these 8 profiles with each successive up/down button press... when you see the profile you want to be in, stop pressing up or down and it will then stay in that profile... you can at that point again press and hold up/down for 5 seconds again which will take it out of this locked mode and it will remain in the profile last displayed.

there are profiles on board as I programmed it for ni200, ss430, ss316 and ti, there should be 2 profiles that don't include any of these, and those would be your regular power profiles. I believe as shipped to you there are a total of 3 different ni200 profiles, 1 ss430, 1 ss316, 1 Ti and the remaining 2 are power profiles... truth is that regardless of which profile you happen to be in though, when you fire a regular kanthal coil on this mod it will automatically default to power mode anyway, so no matter what profile you are actually in, you can just set your wattage and it will vape in power mode, even if temp is displayed when not firing...

in a power profile the default on screen main view should be showing watts to be raised/lowered with the up/down buttons instead of a temperature.

if you happen to be in a profile that is showing a temperature as the main screens display instead of the wattage, then you are still in a temperature controlled profile.

* in a nutshell there are 2 different lock modes of the dna chip, one is the up/down lock mode and the other is the fire button lock mode.

*to enter or exit the up/down locked mode you hold up & down together for 5 seconds... in this locked mode the mod is locked from using up/down to change the main displayed parameter and also from this locked mode you can then switch profiles by repeatedly pressing either up or down.

*the second lock mode is the firing lock mode, which is entered or exited by pressing the fire button 5 times in a row... when in this locked mode the mod won't fire, it is essentially locked, and in this mode is where you can then adjust the secondary parameter of temperature or watts. while in this fire locked mode if you press up & down for 5 seconds it will then enter the adjustment mode to allow you to raise or lower the secondary parameter which can be either watts or temperature, depending on the profile it happens to be in.

to put it simply, there are 2 adjustable parameters, temperature and wattage. one will be on the primary display, while the other will need to be accessed in the fire locked mode. which one is on the primary display and which one is in the secondary position requiring adjustment in the fire locked mode is determined by the profile selected (AND WEATHER IT IS SET UP AS "TEMP DOMINANT MODE" OR NOT IN THAT PROFILE). all of this is customizable in escribe but should be perfectly usable as it is set up now.

let me know if anything needs further clarification. I wish I could sit down with you for 10 minutes and show you, it's really is simpler than it may sound here, I'm sure if you play with it a bit you should get it.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I cringe when people mention a chiropractor. Once you go, you will have to go again, and again, and again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^this is a wise woman, worst thing I ever did after back surgery was going to a chiropractor, feels good at the time but after that it's misery. The best cure for a bad back is physical therapy. I've had 2 surgeries and just about every procedure there is and the only thing that has had any long term affects is PT. Now it's an everyday thing but quality of life is much better.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
meanwhile the ultems are moving along... doors are all leveled, all squonk holes and 510 holes are cut. magnets are half way done at this point, just have to magnet the doors... the blue delrin mod didn't survive the operations due to a misplaced squonk hole, I wasn't paying enough attention, luckily it was just that one really.

the single black lefty also got a misplaced squonkhole that wraps around towards the rear of the mod rather than the front of the mod but otherwise really that one is still fine, it's actually a perfect mod for me as it has a lefty oriented door with a righty oriented squonk hole, so if no one wants that one I wouldn't mind so much keeping it, but it will still be for sale if anyone does want it.

heres a crappy quick progress shot :)

IMG_1452_zpsmjt2r0kx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread