Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
^this is a wise woman, worst thing I ever did after back surgery was going to a chiropractor, feels good at the time but after that it's misery. The best cure for a bad back is physical therapy. I've had 2 surgeries and just about every procedure there is and the only thing that has had any long term affects is PT. Now it's an everyday thing but quality of life is much better.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

I hear yah bro, I'm not so in love with them either, I only went because I just couldn't bear the pain anymore and had to try something, plus they wouldn't even let me get an MRI without a script which I got the chiropractor to give me :) backs been much better past few weeks, a little discomfort here and here but nothing unbearable at all... numb tingly right arm still from time to time but it isn't persistent. if it stays like this for a while I'l be very happy, I just can't have another bout of debilitation like that for a good while now I hope, but so far so good :) the peace of mind I got with the MRI was well worth it though, at least I know it's not a tumor or anything really bad... for a while there I really was thinking it might be something bad the way it felt. of course bulging discs and a herniated disc and closing of the spinal canal are no picnic either, but it could anyways be worse so I'm happy it's not worse :)

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok, a few more blem mods available right now to whoever might want to buy them. right now I have 3 of my mods that I'm using in daily rotation and I'd like to sell at least 2 of them if I can, so if any of these interest you just let me know, make an offer, I'de really like to sell at least 2 or even all 3 if anyone wants them :)

first one is still the CA finished orange DNA75 I showed a few days ago but I have 2 others available here... for those who are asking me through PM's about buying the ultem demo mod I used in the torture test videos, sorry but that one is not available, it's going to a good friend here. I can't believe how many people really want to buy a mod that's been kicked and thrown around repeatedly then ran over by my car :lol: I think more people have asked to buy that mod than any other mod I've done so far :thumbs:

second one is the DNA200 mod that I used in the video I did demonstrating the DNA200 over/under squonk design. t's actually not a DNA200, it's a DNA250 chip in this mod, so if you want a DNA250, this is it :) this is that actual mod in this video but again it's now fitted with one of the first limited release DNA250 chips with 167 watt capacity and 2A on board charging:

there are a few tiny marks on the wood of the DNA250 as shown in the pics to follow, and there is also a blem with the magnet placement on the lower bottle cover door... you're not supposed to be able to see the magnet from the bottom of the mod when the door is installed, but on this one you can actually see the magnet from the bottom because it was bored slightly too deep into the lower brass door. it's one of the first lower magnet doors I did and it winded up going just a little too deep. the door still retains fine, no problems in use. I could of course remake the lower door and buff the wood out back to perfect again removing these blemishes, but I'm offering it here right now as-is for a quick sale hopefully. this mod does have the new silicone BFX bottle obviously and it's a real pleasure to use, love this mod. the minor blemishes really don't take much away from this mod at all and you can get it cheaper than regular price and with a DNA250 on board and it's available right now to whoever might want it :)

the last one is a natural wood finish DNA75, same rosewood as the DNA250 shown with it, they're sister mods actually, both from the same block. on this one the main blemish is a failed attempt at engraving the rear of the mod with a "big apple mods" logo. the logo did not come out as I intended and it's not so legible, but other that that this mod is in very nice shape. I could of course still do something to fix this one too, but again, I'd rather be working on the ultems atm and I'm offering this one too as-is right now. all 3 of these mods are USED but still in nice shape aside from the blemishes noted, here are some pics of the 3 mods available to anyone who wants one, independent and regardless of list spot :)

IMG_1449_zpsz7v34ehu.jpg

IMG_1446_zpslwo5xhmi.jpg

for more pics of the first orange CA finished one on the left see my post from a few days ago, here is the DNA250:

IMG_1433_zpsnmpqnuln.jpg

IMG_1432_zpsvc3xzum5.jpg

IMG_1430_zpskid6tcco.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsbjcakv9a.jpg

IMG_1428_zpsz29qpvo5.jpg

IMG_1427_zpskqclx4p1.jpg

IMG_1426_zpsree5k3cf.jpg

IMG_1425_zpsxhpr6rjl.jpg

and here is the DNA75:

IMG_1444_zpsa1tumg13.jpg

IMG_1443_zpsczabgd7c.jpg

IMG_1442_zpsypyvhzcs.jpg

IMG_1441_zpsohgywvta.jpg

IMG_1439_zpsd1zgpc4j.jpg

IMG_1437_zpsuy8frchm.jpg

IMG_1436_zpsrjz0qwxb.jpg

IMG_1435_zps1phtqwlm.jpg

I'd really like to raise some cash here if I can so I'm dropping them further... say around $300 for either DNA75 or best offer? $425 for the DNA250? if you wanted to buy the DNA250 and for me to refinish the dna250 removing the few small marks in the wood and also make a new bottle door for it I can def do both for another $30 or so, but it would take several extra days at least. actually on the DNA250 I'll polish it up and refinish it for you included in the $425 price, but a new lower door would be an extra $30 because that's real pita :)

the 2 75's are pretty much as you see them, including the BFX silicone bottle already installed , I don't have the time to perfect either one of these right now and not so sure it's even worth the effort tbh, they are pretty much being offered as they are shown. t's pretty hard to get a really nice DNA75 custom wood bottom feeder at this kind of price even with these blemishes I think, but I'm open to offers :) sorry no trades, there really aren't any mods out there I'd rather have tbh... soon I'll build a few more for myself to use and if no one wants the black ultem lefty I'll just keep that one I guess...

Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
wow guys, great pics, especially those sunlight shots :) lately I've been living like a vampire, up all night then sleeping half the day but I really should get some sunlight pics eventually I guess :lol:

man I really want to sit down and do a nice writeup about temp control but I just haven't had the time, those evolv walkthroughs were done over a year ago and there are some minor changes in button and menu operations since then that I don't think are covered fully in them. as son as I get this batch of ultems done I'm going to try to do a writeup but for now Trey, I posted some basic instructions a while back for Ray when he got his mod and hopefully this will give you some guidance as to the button operations and stuff, any questions lmk and I'll clarify whatever I can here but here's the post which should get you started I think :

John, those instructions are perfect! That post also illustrates the problem of age related diminishing memory...I'd read it before, liked it and then forgot it was there. So, thank you again!

I'd love to get one of the mods you pictured above but, I'm on the list of one of your Modder-in-Laws and they're coming up fast.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
After using my new Turbo mod all weekend, ( just loaded the 6th bottle of juice) there is only one thing left to do...:)

0. super x drifter(ultem ultem ultem)(dna75)
1. nautilusfan
2. Aal
3. penguiness (dna75)(ultem)
4. sqonker
5. 73neb (katalox)
6. benthos( purple double dyed, left in the second pair of blocks)(dna200)
7. clark f(white teak burl)(dna75)
8. distortoblotto(dna75) RECEIVED
9. tpedwards(dna200)
10. havok333(dna200)(blue resin hybrid, right in second pair)
11. Tamer El-Meehy
12. 67Tele(I got wood!)(dna75)
13. Kingdal (dna75)(ultem)
14. ghola1was (dna200) (darkest wood)
15. Rossum (DNA75)(wood)
16. spacetime(dna75)
17. want to quit
18. mcpuff (dna75) (ultem) or delrin if available
19. allpeppers (DNA 75)( Ultem)
20. ong999(dna 75)(ultem)
21. Balistix(dna75)(ultem)
22. benthos(dna200)(ultem)
23. Dee_ell(dna60/75)(ultem)
24. Robbie Vape
25. keithu2
26. deacon987
27. Unior(DNA75)(stabilized)
28. Ryan Hryciuk
29. laadam(dna75)
30. zulu83 (DNA60 Ultem)
31. piranjah
32. Copterstyle (DNA 75)( ultem)
33. adrian13(dna75)(ultem)
34. cheeseofvapes (dna75)(ultem)
35. Raynman some sort of DNA60 with left handed squonk hole
36. Plumeguy (DNA75) (black Ultem)(centered 510)
37. Hotsauc333 (DNA75) (ULTEM)
38. chellyc (dna75) (ultem)
39. Plumeguy (DNA60) (black Ultem)(centered 510)
40. Henry Etta (DNA75, black Ultem)
41. Rudy4653 (dna75)(black ultem)
42. Mackman (Ultem)
43. havok333 (Black Ultem)
44. ghola1was (DNA75) (black ultem)
45. penguiness (DNA60)
46. Gigdujour (dunno yet)
47. YePsTeR ???????
48. Tiedjan (DNA200)(black ultem)(centered 510)
49. Phanner (DNA75 Ultem, centered 510)
50. Papa_Lazarou (DNA75 ultem)
51. kingdal (dna75) (Ultem)
52. bgmat58 (DNA75/Ultem/Left Handed)
53. Armen (DNA75 Ultem, centered 510)
54. distortoblotto ( dna75 Ultem / centered 510)

Turbo, Can you run my next one over please? LOL...JK :D

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
After using my new Turbo mod all weekend, ( just loaded the 6th bottle of juice) there is only one thing left to do...:)

0. super x drifter(ultem ultem ultem)(dna75)
1. nautilusfan
2. Aal
3. penguiness (dna75)(ultem)
4. sqonker
5. 73neb (katalox)
6. benthos( purple double dyed, left in the second pair of blocks)(dna200)
7. clark f(white teak burl)(dna75)
8. distortoblotto(dna75) RECEIVED
9. tpedwards(dna200)
10. havok333(dna200)(blue resin hybrid, right in second pair)
11. Tamer El-Meehy
12. 67Tele(I got wood!)(dna75)
13. Kingdal (dna75)(ultem)
14. ghola1was (dna200) (darkest wood)
15. Rossum (DNA75)(wood)
16. spacetime(dna75)
17. want to quit
18. mcpuff (dna75) (ultem) or delrin if available
19. allpeppers (DNA 75)( Ultem)
20. ong999(dna 75)(ultem)
21. Balistix(dna75)(ultem)
22. benthos(dna200)(ultem)
23. Dee_ell(dna60/75)(ultem)
24. Robbie Vape
25. keithu2
26. deacon987
27. Unior(DNA75)(stabilized)
28. Ryan Hryciuk
29. laadam(dna75)
30. zulu83 (DNA60 Ultem)
31. piranjah
32. Copterstyle (DNA 75)( ultem)
33. adrian13(dna75)(ultem)
34. cheeseofvapes (dna75)(ultem)
35. Raynman some sort of DNA60 with left handed squonk hole
36. Plumeguy (DNA75) (black Ultem)(centered 510)
37. Hotsauc333 (DNA75) (ULTEM)
38. chellyc (dna75) (ultem)
39. Plumeguy (DNA60) (black Ultem)(centered 510)
40. Henry Etta (DNA75, black Ultem)
41. Rudy4653 (dna75)(black ultem)
42. Mackman (Ultem)
43. havok333 (Black Ultem)
44. ghola1was (DNA75) (black ultem)
45. penguiness (DNA60)
46. Gigdujour (dunno yet)
47. YePsTeR ???????
48. Tiedjan (DNA200)(black ultem)(centered 510)
49. Phanner (DNA75 Ultem, centered 510)
50. Papa_Lazarou (DNA75 ultem)
51. kingdal (dna75) (Ultem)
52. bgmat58 (DNA75/Ultem/Left Handed)
53. Armen (DNA75 Ultem, centered 510)
54. distortoblotto ( dna75 Ultem / centered 510)

Turbo, Can you run my next one over please? LOL...JK :D

ha, awesome brother, so glad you like it :)

and yeah, if anyone else wants me to throw there mod around a bit and then run it over a little before shipping it to them, I can do that for you too, no extra charge :D

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Alright I see all the usual suspect's are here is there a price list somewhere I'm definitely going to need some of these beauties.

hey beez, welcome :)

DNA75 in most standard woods is $440 and comes with the extra soft SS cap italian bottle, the DNA200 over and under dual 18650 is $549 including a BFX silicone bottle installed. some specialty or stabilized blocks can be a little more depending on the cost of the block. I can also build these with your own selected block of natural wood or stabilized/resin too.

DEDUCT $60 for delrin on either one because delrin is a bit less labor intensive, so $380 for dNA75, $489 for DNA200 over and under dual 18650.

ADD $50 to either one for ULTEM because of increased labor, tooling and material costs, so ultem DNA75 is $490 while the DNA200 over and under dual 18650 in full ultem would be $599.

choices on chip faceplates and buttons are ultem, wood, brass, aluminum, delrin and copper with amber ultem buttons being the default and most popular, especially on the DNA75's because the fire button lights up while firing and charging, it can illuminate right through the amber ultem. delrin is available in white, black or blue

any questions just let me know :)

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
yes but the DNA75's are all single 18650.

I can actually do a DNA75 in the larger dual 18650 over/under body design too, but that would only be $20 less than the full DNA200 version.
How do you do your payments do you take a deposit to hold your spot pay in full or once you start payment then.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
no deposits, I would never want to take money way before your mod is just about ready, that's a sure fire route to trouble for both of us if you ask me.

honestly I've had several people here offer to pay me for mods well ahead of time but I refuse to take any money before your mod is almost done. I bill you for your mod only after it's built and refinished and almost done, when it's ready for just the electronics to install to complete it, so usually about a week or so before it's ready to ship to you.

technically payment isn't really due until it's completely ready to ship, but for those who can pay when invoiced it is very much appreciated. I really hate taking money even a week before the mod is ready to ship, but right now I'm very grateful to those who can pay me when they're invoiced, a week may not make a big difference to many but that extra week does help me to stay a few inches ahead of the tidal wave of finances that is my life right now, no matter how much I may need the money I firmly believe that taking money much before that is a recipe for disaster.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
How would you get the battery & bottle in out?

um, the same way it does now, slide off the door. I'm talking just slightly narrower door so it does not need to be shaped. So by shifting the squonk hole slightly so it barely wraps around the body like a CC v1 squonk hole with the straight edge not curved. Then the door just slides in like it does now. Seems to work with the fancy Italian regulated mods like the SVA mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread