Status
Not open for further replies.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I've got one of those and have another two coming. I got them with these mods in mind as I was running into the same issue. I'm looking forward to trying it out for myself [emoji3]

Master of Bassetts

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one having the issue, I thought after I posted that you all would think I'm a real OCD case!:headbang:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one having the issue, I thought after I posted that you all would think I'm a real OCD case!:headbang:

Nope. I have one of the refill bottles and can report that they also work with the soft, non-silicone bottles with a metal cap. With those bottles, you have to watch the bottle to make sure it does not expand too fast since they generally don't have as tight a seal on the 510 at the tube.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I found it, this is the mask I have:

3M Powerflow Face-Mounted Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR), Respiratory Protection 6900PF, NiCd Rechargeable Battery, Large Size: Papr Safety Respirators: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

91w3KqgNuTL._SL1500__zpst4vwnqgl.jpg

that battery is one heavy sucker and the wire from the battery to the mask gets caught and pulled on everything when working in tight quarters...

I haven't really worn it because I didn't think I needed to, I really designed my polishing system to contain these vapors, ideally they shouldn't be escaping in the first place. it does work fairly well, but not to the point of 100% containment

It would seem every time you add a process to your devices, its like reinventing the wheel all over again!! You do have a great looking device though...

it's my own fault really. if I had just been happy with the machined ultem look that every other vape manufacturer out there settles for then I wouldn't have had to go through this whole heat treatment annealing and vapor polishing developing and learning curve, but when I research Ultem and see what the medical industry does with this stuff I just couldn't help myself, it really takes the ultem up to a whole other level :)

check out this DNA sequencing manifold:

DNA_Sequencing_Manifold_-_Ultem_zpstwukmpq6.jpg

or this 2 piece ultem semiconductor manifold:

smallambermanifold-3_zpsmcfz0gyg.jpg

and here are a few other manifolds:

Ultem-Manifold-I-Reduced-1024x614_zpsjbxwmc4d.jpg

Part7_v_zpsncoee5cy.jpg

compare that to the frosted look that ultem vape devices have, I don't know about you guys but these images from the medical industry just really turned me on and I said to myself I have GOT to do that to MY ultem :) even the hobo ultem mod was highly polished on the outside, yeah, but the inside was still frosted and you can't really see through it, just cloudy inside :) you can't even see the green DNA chip that's right there behind the faceplate:

15275607_1691561884467595_848729299111378944_n_zpsriywe07q.jpg

compared to this:

35a39c7f-0c67-4ab9-8897-8061435f577d_zpsue4rlmvq.jpg

in hand and in person it's a huge difference...

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Would a PLC be a better option for the automation? They are made for it and are easy to programme....

I don't know much about PLC programming either but maybe you're right, they may include automation software that makes them easier to program. I have an account with automationdirect.com when I got my controller for the temperature controlled heat treating oven, guess I could talk to them about it so yeah thanks, didn't really think of that because they're much more expensive, but then again if they are easier to implement then probably worth it :)

Last edited:

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015
I've lurked here for a while admiring all the great looking mods. I thought I would chime in on the PAPR. I won't go into all the requirements needed to wear one but probably the two most important things are make sure you have a good seal on your face and using the right filter canister.

Reactions: Gigdujour

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I agree with that 100%, half the people I see wearing personal protective gear might as well not be wearing anything. facial hair and how the mask pinches on your nose bridge makes all the difference, any leaks and it's not really effective at all but that's one reason I love the mask I have, between my facial hair and wearing glasses I can't really get a proper seal on anything short of a full head type helmet but with the forced air mask small leaks are not a problem because the mask stays positively pressurized so any leaks are just filtered air leaking out, not contaminated air leaking in. it even comes with an attachable float type pressure gauge to insure that you are maintaining a positive pressure in the mask. the battery pack is very cumbersome but it is def worth it when it really matters :)

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
I'm still dying to try some more engraving since seeing the.drifters engraved mod, I really want to try something on my own mod but don't want to mess it up :lol:

I'll send the crash test dummy back to you if you want. I'd love to have a "Gig" engraved on it. It'd be a perfect test subject [emoji6]

Master of Bassetts

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'll send the crash test dummy back to you if you want. I'd love to have a "Gig" engraved on it. It'd be a perfect test subject [emoji6]

Master of Bassetts
Being it was the crash test dummy I would thing your standard everyday run of the mill bowie knife would be the best thing for that engraving, wouldn't it?
31w773TRfrL.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny

Master of Bassetts

ha, I really don't want to engrave anything until I kind of know what the end result will look like, my first attempt at engraving was a big fail but once I do get the engraving down then I'll engrave whatever you want on yours :)

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
well so far these are the 2 choices of design of what I came up with to engrave on my own mod, too much? maybe but I like it :) just haven't pulled the trigger yet :)

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-06%20at%202.27.40%20PM_zps1te8sksb.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-06%20at%202.30.03%20PM_zpsgszdenlq.png
Looks great! I think you under estimate yourself. Those look pretty good to me for a supposedly "noobie" engraving!:thumb:
I like the bottom one. Easier to read. Top one nice, more artsy, but bottom more effective. I also think the Apple should be your focus/trademark and be more dominant so lettering could be smaller font as to not take away from apple.
I'm a sales & marketing guy so just my :2c:!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
@turbocad6
I personally think example #1 that is inset looks cleaner and has better lines. The raised lettering is just cleaner but I have a question about your logo...

Since the company name is Big Apple Mods, did you ever consider going with BAmods instead of BAMods? If I were to just see the logo out and about on the street it would lead me to think the company was BAM instead of BA. Just me thinking outloud!!!

I don't ever remember reading about how you came up with the name...

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I went with BAMods because I guess being a name or a title then technically the first letter of each word should be capitalized but maybe your right, BAmods might look better too, I'll try it :) what about the full words spelled out like this?

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-06%20at%204.22.01%20PM_zpsdias4rjv.png

as far as how I came up with the name I don't know, was kicking a bunch of things around for a while in my head and this just stuck I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread