Status
Not open for further replies.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
It's taken me 2 years to get used too paying the full price for my phones up front as well. I actually prefer it this way' it makes you much more selective when buying a phone now.

I do the same. I buy mine unlocked. None of those extra apps that you cannot remove without rooting or that drain your battery, and no extension of contracts.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
My phone cost $24 and that's more than its $15 predecessor and i begrudged paying even that. HRH's phone cost $800.
:facepalm:

T
I still have a functioning and in good condition galaxy s1 was waiting for the s4 to come out to get my new upgrade when t mobile started this only pay 20 a month for a new phone so I said screw it I now have a black Friday Samsung for 9.99 and use walmart flat rate plans just like the cable companies and the first year only 80. Not me I use kodi only in my house and will most likely stay on the 40 plan until these crooks are stopped.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I still have a functioning and in good condition galaxy s1 was waiting for the s4 to come out to get my new upgrade when t mobile started this only pay 20 a month for a new phone so I said screw it I now have a black Friday Samsung for 9.99 and use walmart flat rate plans just like the cable companies and the first year only 80. Not me I use kodi only in my house and will most likely stay on the 40 plan until these crooks are stopped.

+1 for Kodi. [emoji4]

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
+1 for Kodi. [emoji4]
I've been using it for 3 years and I love when certain stores allow direct TV to try and sell in their store I laugh and tell them I can make them a better deal with kodi, they usually just turn their back then.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey Aal long time no see, what's up :)

Rudy been crazy busy all week, this ultem batch has just kicked my ...., but they're done now and most or all of them should ship out tomorrow. your white delrin should be here in a few days along with some ultem I ordered with it, these industrial plastic suppliers take a while to fill orders but I finally got tracking and I think it's to be here tuesday.

I've got 3 wood mods that I've been working on too for what feels like forever now but the ultems just really have been taking up just about all of my time past 6 weeks+. when you're building one or 2 mods from scratch you don't really notice or pay much attention to all of the little 20-30 minute things that you have to do to build a mod like this but when you're building 20 of them at the same time every little 20 minute operation winds up taking well over a day each to do to all of them, and there are just so many little things here and there that just take so much time... I don't think I ever really realized exactly how much time each mod takes to build from scratch but when doing a batch like this it really becomes obvious. I think I might drop my batch count down from 20 at a time to 15 just to try and keep it within a one month cycle time going forward.

to all of those waiting for there ultem's I'm really sorry it has taken this long but they should most all be shipping out tomorrow and to the 2 guys waiting forever for there wood mods I will be going full steam ahead on them starting this week and will get them done soon now, it's just hard for me because I winded up being committed to these ultems and have people who have already paid for them so I just had to give them all of my priority, wouldn't be fair to have someones money and then start working on someone else's mod while they wait. I never thought they would take as long as they have but this is the first real large batch that I've ever done and I'm learning more and more of how to manage my time here and just how much time these things actually take :)

Casey Sisk

Nov 13, 2016
Spartanburg SC

Rudy been crazy busy all week, this ultem batch has just kicked my ...., but they're done now and most or all of them should ship out tomorrow. your white delrin should be here in a few days along with some ultem I ordered with it, these industrial plastic suppliers take a while to fill orders but I finally got tracking and I think it's to be here tuesday.

I've got 3 wood mods that I've been working on too for what feels like forever now but the ultems just really have been taking up just about all of my time past 6 weeks+. when you're building one or 2 mods from scratch you don't really notice or pay much attention to all of the little 20-30 minute things that you have to do to build a mod like this but when you're building 20 of them at the same time every little 20 minute operation winds up taking well over a day each to do to all of them, and there are just so many little things here and there that just take so much time... I don't think I ever really realized exactly how much time each mod takes to build from scratch but when doing a batch like this it really becomes obvious. I think I might drop my batch count down from 20 at a time to 15 just to try and keep it within a one month cycle time going forward.

to all of those waiting for there ultem's I'm really sorry it has taken this long but they should most all be shipping out tomorrow and to the 2 guys waiting forever for there wood mods I will be going full steam ahead on them starting this week and will get them done soon now, it's just hard for me because I winded up being committed to these ultems and have people who have already paid for them so I just had to give them all of my priority, wouldn't be fair to have someones money and then start working on someone else's mod while they wait. I never thought they would take as long as they have but this is the first real large batch that I've ever done and I'm learning more and more of how to manage my time here and just how much time these things actually take :)
:rickroll:

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
No worries!
Not getting impatient, just miss the small talk from folks. I'm sure once people get their mods the chatter will pick up as people won't be able to contain their excitement! :banana::banana:
Best part of everyone getting their mods will be the pics! Oh Lordy, the pics! [emoji3]

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
+3 for Kodi!!
Best yet, I bought a wifi extender and plugged in into a corner of my house closest to my neighbor. I have his router passcode and can pickup his signal so now I can watch Kodi absolutely free with no internet charges!!:thumb:
Kodi is great and finding a older version of pre-configured TVMC is what I use daily

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA

Yay! I am really looking forward to having one of these golden pieces of awesome!

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
tracking #'s... ok instead of trying to message everyone and sort through who is where I'm going to just post zip codes and tracking #'s here for the usps tracking numbers of this batches shipment. just look for your zip code to find your tracking #

zip-----------tracking----------------

64439---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 30

03446---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 47

90248---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 54

22192---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 61

30214---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 78

60467---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 85

92595---9505 5127 1343 7023 0509 92

94080---9505 5127 1343 7023 0510 05

39157---9505 5127 1343 7024 0512 64

33625---9505 5127 1343 7024 0512 71

29349---9505 5127 1343 7024 0512 88

37052---9505 5127 1343 7024 0512 95

also just so you are aware, inside of the mod you will find 2 o-rings... these o-rings fit in the groove around the base of the 510, right under your atty to seal the atty at it's seat and to allow you to position/clock the atty where you want it for the air hole opening.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey guys, before I start the next batch of mods to build I just want to say something here bout my ultem mods

the way I look at my own mod is more like a tool or a device, if my mod is annoying to use then I don't want to use it. I don't want to have to keep worrying about cleaning contacts, I don't want doors that fall off or a mod that if I drop it it might break, I want a mod that I can use and abuse every day comfortably and not have to worry about it at all, stick it in my pocket, throw it in the cup holder, if I drop it I want to just pick it up and keep on vaping. I don't want anything delicate or a fragile shelf queen, I want something really comfortable in the hand and a durable reliable vape. yes I also want it to look good but I don't necessarily expect that it should always look like an absolute flawless piece of art. I don't panic if my mod gets a little scuff here and there, it adds character. some of my most favorite mods ever have been a bit weathered and well used, but super comfortable and reliable. as long as it functions perfectly no matter what I put it through then it's a good mod.

my mods are really nice I think, but, and the clear ones especially, they are not all absolutely flawless in and out... I mean they are not like some of the big guys mods coming off of a huge expensive CNC machining center by some factory that builds hundreds of mods a month, they're built mostly by hand, by me, from scratch, in my basement
1f642.png
:) they're not built to be works of art

there not flawless but they're also not over $700 either.... if I needed to build a crystal clear flawless mod it would wind up taking me a whole ton more time building each one even if I could, but I don't know how many would be wanting to buy a mod thats over $800 either...

ultem is a ..... to work with, it's almost hard as stone in some respects which makes it so durable and scratch resistant, nothing like delrin, but that same hardness is also what makes it a nightmare to get a flawless finish. when ultem is vapor polished it gets a wet glassy look which also adds an extra tough outer skin, but it's so glossy and tough that you really can't wetsand or polish any spots out because trying to polish a spot actually winds up just making a dull spot in the gloss finish
1f642.png
:) this means that after it's vapor polished, any imperfections that remain are just there... they're see through and shiny and they look really good yeah, but if you catch it in certain lights at certain angles and are looking for it you can see minor imperfections and even some tooling marks from the inside, I Mean it is clear as glass, to try and get a material as hard as this absolutely flawless in and out would take an astronomical amount of time and effort. minor imperfections yeah there not all absolutely flawless, but they still look really good I think.

if you want a reliable mod to use and abuse every day then my ultem mod is it. it's not necessarily a flawless piece of artwork or some perfect CNC piece that comes out of a huge factory. I can build you a more perfect looking piece of art shelf queen mod from wood if you want and I have done some beautiful wood mods, which is what I started out doing, but then the ultem just blew wood away for me personally

what I'm saying here is I hope no one is disappointed with their ultem mod. I did work really hard to make them as nice as I could make them, but being as critical and picky as I am I know that they are still not all absolutely flawless. if you bought the thing to use it and appreciate it for what it is then I think you'll be really happy with it, because after you use it a bit you will love it and you won't really even give of a .... what it looks like. leave the delicate artwork mods at home. it's like a hummer H1 or a panasonic tough book, made to last through whatever, and I do think they look pretty good while doing it too, but I don't really think they're all necessarily flawless and perfect like a piece of art. I hope no one is disappointed with there mod
1f642.png
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread