Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
HalZNVpZvqneYG6k9hFN0DI6pjd7i043_ZBnD1hjlcQOGfhidii0c4aBK1-nAP_U-gpvnoKf-6RDeNSKep5QKzY3sYNCFIgDMQWlFVP7MaL24Fjy98ukpXIjhKarYBphV3IZb4RQYw

that is white delrin. I can do delrin in either white or blue, I don't bother with black delrin because it looks about the same as black satin ultem, but the properties of ultem are far superior to delrin, so not worth it for just the small cost savings alone....

as just a refresher I will post pricing and terms again here

I take $150 deposit when the order is placed and then the balance becomes due when the mods are mostly complete and ready for the electronics to be installed, usually ~5-6 weeks after the deposit.

$490 for a full ultem dna75 mod in any color, finish, or configuration, add $49 for the new 75C chip. this includes ultem buttons, SS buttons are a $20 option. I also do white delrin components which are a little cheaper, deduct $40 for delrin body, $15 for delrin door and $10 for delrin chip cover

mods are available in either left hand or right hand configuration with 3 different squonk hole options, front, rear or side, and in either satin or high gloss vapor polished finish or any combo of this.

I know these mods are expensive, believe me I get that, but the materials they are built from are very expensive and these take a ton of work to build from scratch. each mod is machined from a raw block of ultem, each mod is heat treated several times throughout the building process to anneal and stress relieve them to create the most durable mod possible and they can be vapor polished for the ultimate in gloss, clarity and smooth finish. there is a whole lot that goes into each and every one of these mods.

there are many cheaper mods out there but there are not many finer or more durable than these mods. I did not design them to be cost effective or to be a compromise in any way, I designed them to be one of the best mods that money can buy and most who own them will tell you that this is the best mod they have ever had. I don't say this to brag, I'm just explaining why they cost what they do. this mod is obviously not for everyone, but if you appreciate a super light weight durable high end mod that you can drop, throw and run over with your car and then pick it up and keep right on vaping all while looking pretty good while doing it then there are not many that can compete with these. bold statement, yes I know and I'm not usually one to brag or show off or toot my own horn, I just really believe that these mods really are that good and are worth what they cost if you can afford it

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
few pics of the current batch under construction, almost ready for electronics install :)

K_IIem7Tv2Q3yuCp3D6MmBpqjWDG6uMRvsin6IKcyp6ZkRjK3In0fJta84SVwkj2m8t9qUEjNkfXDTYTrtG6PyQoVAf1MVuoNN_Rpy3HEhkGfIHI-vwxESMahf4SQgnq9lemUAA4SQ

0ygHGDQwpC--V6KuXpk3OFyk2jr25MA-zpjSmMMLeim3fkIUUi63-hBHYvalHvnw2Y6kx_hobx1OFS5glsYUhoBni9VxaVkwJNS5zs40X-M40qCS0Mj1HWw97cYJbxudoSwgRRw23w

I_MTiVLiXVMcuIRKojbjvR4NN4K2WTNYexdxFSpmCmTxo0g5GTqvXYUUdu0wwFhiewiDIGMBcUtaT-TP-f47pL2IJR6440DoJ6plyqh4LLOkqpWVHVPYkxEggIr3MhbIL6dZTBxWfQ

NThQ1p0c9n2o7plKaF6jTCXWo64k54JptIXnUhvkudexHiX3RVTkhqn-Y4QJuKsOWW86d3yJdOu7-PoWrA1zDJg9CbFOEX2B9w6ObAHe69fEyrjws9pQLHUp-IFT1AK7nntSeiRHrA

and here is a picture of my own new mod :D believe me when I say I get it that these mods are expensive, so much so that for the longest time I have not been able to even afford to keep one for myself but now I finally decided that I need one of these for me so I built this one for myself :) it really is a sweet mod to use, now I want another black one for myself and I'll be happy :)

xBD1wtLoEPHNx9HvYkqJyj1vD_bLWn5jZWHI6BJbV7PhjnMBDVoiMVE-F-SNxVVrzhPZsSAiXEInTMrFH79WejdPrufpM1w6cRWVc8vy_DaiGht9UgcPPC40dgBGuHayEVnLf3Cqkw

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
HalZNVpZvqneYG6k9hFN0DI6pjd7i043_ZBnD1hjlcQOGfhidii0c4aBK1-nAP_U-gpvnoKf-6RDeNSKep5QKzY3sYNCFIgDMQWlFVP7MaL24Fjy98ukpXIjhKarYBphV3IZb4RQYw

that is white delrin. I can do delrin in either white or blue, I don't bother with black delrin because it looks about the same as black satin ultem, but the properties of ultem are far superior to delrin, so not worth it for just the small cost savings alone....

I take $150 deposit when the order is placed and then the balance becomes due when the mods are mostly complete and ready for the electronics to be installed, usually ~5-6 weeks after the deposit.

$490 for a full ultem dna75 mod in any color, finish, or configuration, add $49 for the new 75C chip. this includes ultem buttons, SS buttons are a $20 option. I also do white delrin components which are a little cheaper, deduct $40 for delrin body, $15 for delrin door and $10 for delrin chip cover

mods are available in either left hand or right hand configuration with 3 different squonk hole options, front, rear or side, and in either satin or high gloss vapor polished finish or any combo of this.

I know these mods are expensive, believe me I get that, but the materials they are built from are very expensive and these take a ton of work to build from scratch. each mod is machined from a raw block of ultem, each mod is heat treated several times throughout the building process to anneal and stress relieve them to create the most durable mod possible and they can be vapor polished for the ultimate in gloss, clarity and smooth finish. there is a whole lot that goes into each and every one of these mods.

there are many cheaper mods out there but there are not many finer or more durable than these mods. I did not design them to be cost effective or to be a compromise in any way, I designed them to be one of the best mods that money can buy and most who own them will tell you that this is the best mod they have ever had. I don't say this to brag, I'm just explaining why they cost what they do. this mod is obviously not for everyone, but if you appreciate a super light weight durable high end mod that you can drop, throw and run over with your car and then pick it up and keep right on vaping all while looking pretty good while doing it then there are not many that can compete with these. bold statement, yes I know and I'm not usually one to brag or show off or toot my own horn, I just really believe that these mods really are that good and are worth what they cost if you can afford it

Totally worth the price and I wouldn't say you are bragging, just being real :) No harm in stating the obvious. The amount of iteration, tweaking and agonizing you've done to produce such a device is really impressive. Nobody does that unless they are fully invested into their creation - one of the things that made me want one of your mods. Being a part of that process - even if it is only using the final product is important to me.

"I'm squonkin'!" - Clarence Carter

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I've used some amazing high end mods...Turbo's blows 'em all out of the water. Same durability as a high-end mech if not more so with a simple, efficient design and to top it all off the beast is regulated.

a 2nd is mandatory for Sloth, this ultem has not left my hands since I got it, it's gone everywhere with me including some epic mtn bike trips where I wasn't afraid at all if it got scuffed up in a wreck.

I'm still intending to make a vid showcasing my beauty, time has just escaped me but I'll be doing it somewhat soon.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Dying for next batch.

Pretty much want one of everything. But thinking #1 might be cocobolo or African black depending on turbo's current stocks.

I'll look forward to your video, sloth. Especially if Boomer is in it :w00t:

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC

Hey, I've been to his shop, words can't describe the amount of work that goes into the making of one of these beauties.

Every piece but the 510 is hand made, hand polished, and manually assembled, one by one.

The material is amazingly strong, but as with any material, with all the cutting, sanding and polishing, sometimes late in the process, he discovers a flaw in the material, and.... Poof! :shock:
that mod is done and he has to start from scratch to replace it,

and at the cost of Ultem, and the amount of labor invested, that's pretty spensiv

Mr B

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
UK Hampshire
Looking forward to putting my order in for another bam if anyone is sitting on the fence about getting one don't they are in a class of there own I have used nothing else since I got mine dropped it once or twice and it has not missed a beat john is a top bloke to deal with and is a true craftsmen when it comes to ultem

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Looking forward to putting my order in for another bam if anyone is sitting on the fence about getting one don't they are in a class of there own I have used nothing else since I got mine dropped it once or twice and it has not missed a beat john is a top bloke to deal with and is a true craftsmen when it comes to ultem

I bought a third hadaly with a black cap and have an extra ohman ultem drip tip set aside for this mod. Not building them until they are sitting on top of it :)

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I've got a black stumpy with ultem tip built wicked and ready for mine until I can get a Haku. [emoji27]

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Does the haku have black or ultem caps? I've only seen the metal one in reviews so far.

Reactions: Gigdujour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread