Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sloth got a (basic level) GoPro yesterday. A novice with it, but Ima try to get some footage today and do a short vid about BAM finally :)

Gonna bike out to a lake I have never been to for the ocassion :)

Here is a pic from yesterdays test video:
oya.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Alright, I'm excited to present my BAM video :) this is the first and I will make another later on when I get my 2nd BAM, featuring more of a close-up style examination of the mods, but for now I'm doing something a little different, more of a vlog-style discussion about the mod. Now I'm also doing the same thing in this vid for the Entheon rda and I titled it so that Entheon is the first word of the vid, hoping that since the Entheon is a hot atty right now and new it will draw a lot of viewers and they'll see the BAM.

Couple things, I'm doing 2 things new in this vid, one is I'm using my gopro session and I fell so in love with filming with it I already ordered (and received today) a higher-end gopro. The other is I finally bought some real video editing software and am using that. I've always used my phone to record and produce videos with an app on the phone. The phone I have can actually record great quality film but the app I used couldn't support higher than 720p output. So this is my first ever vid in full 1080p and I recommend making sure your quality is set for 1080 when watching.

And if you've never seen one of my vids rest assured my channel is crazy and pretty stupid but I have a lot of fun. I hope someone enjoys this vid, it is definitely a whole new take on what my channel is like, a whole other level that I'm excited about. Without further ado, here is the Sloth's first vid in a long time - and first ever full HD Slothdom :thumb:

BAM! (Pun intended) :D

PS I would love honest constructive feedback, about video quality etc, but let me also say that being my first run doing things this way I readily admit it could be better. That said I'm really pleased with it overall, but yeah, and like the cuts and stuff could be cleaner with the music, but I was so excited to produce it. Anyway, feedback encouraged!

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Alright, I'm excited to present my BAM video :) this is the first and I will make another later on when I get my 2nd BAM, featuring more of a close-up style examination of the mods, but for now I'm doing something a little different, more of a vlog-style discussion about the mod. Now I'm also doing the same thing in this vid for the Entheon RDA and I titled it so that Entheon is the first word of the vid, hoping that since the Entheon is a hot atty right now and new it will draw a lot of viewers and they'll see the BAM.

Couple things, I'm doing 2 things new in this vid, one is I'm using my gopro session and I fell so in love with filming with it I already ordered (and received today) a higher-end gopro. The other is I finally bought some real video editing software and am using that. I've always used my phone to record and produce videos with an app on the phone. The phone I have can actually record great quality film but the app I used couldn't support higher than 720p output. So this is my first ever vid in full 1080p and I recommend making sure your quality is set for 1080 when watching.

And if you've never seen one of my vids rest assured my channel is crazy and pretty stupid but I have a lot of fun. I hope someone enjoys this vid, it is definitely a whole new take on what my channel is like, a whole other level that I'm excited about. Without further ado, here is the Sloth's first vid in a long time - and first ever full HD Slothdom :thumb:

PS I would love honest constructive feedback, about video quality etc, but let me also say that being my first run doing things this way I readily admit it could be better. That said I'm really pleased with it overall, but yeah, and like the cuts and stuff could be cleaner with the music, but I was so excited to produce it. Anyway, feedback encouraged!
I usually fast forward to the close ups and boomer shots. Looks fun though

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Alright, I'm excited to present my BAM video :) this is the first and I will make another later on when I get my 2nd BAM, featuring more of a close-up style examination of the mods, but for now I'm doing something a little different, more of a vlog-style discussion about the mod. Now I'm also doing the same thing in this vid for the Entheon RDA and I titled it so that Entheon is the first word of the vid, hoping that since the Entheon is a hot atty right now and new it will draw a lot of viewers and they'll see the BAM.

Hey Sloth! Loved the vid! Looked like a nice relaxed ride in a beautiful location. Definitely made me want to dust off my bike, which has been collecting dust for a few years now. Last ride I went on I was stopping for smoke breaks not vape breaks. :)

Quality was great and felt natural, not over produced, which I really enjoy. Loved the combo BAM/Entheon review. Excited to receive my BAM soon (just paid my balance off to turbocad on this batch!). While I don't plan to get an Entheon I still appreciated the review (own 3 hadalys) and it was nice to see where they took the design.

Looking forward to more vids like this from you! It is a nice change up from the standard desktop, up close, lets have a vape on it reviews.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey Sloth! Loved the vid! Looked like a nice relaxed ride in a beautiful location. Definitely made me want to dust off my bike, which has been collecting dust for a few years now. Last ride I went on I was stopping for smoke breaks not vape breaks. :)

Quality was great and felt natural, not over produced, which I really enjoy. Loved the combo BAM/Entheon review. Excited to receive my BAM soon (just paid my balance off to turbocad on this batch!). While I don't plan to get an Entheon I still appreciated the review (own 3 hadalys) and it was nice to see where they took the design.

Looking forward to more vids like this from you! It is a nice change up from the standard desktop, up close, lets have a vape on it reviews.
Thank you man :) I appreciate that! Tomorrow I head out west for 2 weeks and will be getting lots of footage. Will post more vids soon :)

Congrats on your incoming BAM!! I cant wait for my 2nd one. They are the best!

Reactions: Mermaaan

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
wow ray, awesome shots and awesome video bro, very nice, thank you :)

also Qorax, thanks bro appreciate the huge compliment, coming from you that means a lot :)

I know I have been quite lately been real busy trying to finish up this batch, but getting pretty close now.
there are a few reasons this batch fell behind a little, one is this is the largest batch I have built so far and the other bigger reason is I upgraded my CNC control for this batch, from a hobby based program that ran on a pc laptop over to an industrial stand alone CNC controller.

the new controller offers me more precision, speed and reliability and is much better suited to production work, but it was a bit of an undertaking to get it all switched over, everything is different from my old setup. the new setup is metric based where the old was in inches, so I had to completely re-write every bit of code from scratch and re-calibrate everything. since I was starting over anyway I also decided to switch to a new more advanced CAD/CAM software too, which meant I had to remodel everything from scratch on this mod, not to mention learn the new program itself too :) I'll have some pics soon

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
wow man that is like a moutainbikers wet dream right there, sick single track... almost makes me want to get my old lazy ... back on my moutain bike :p I've been saying I'm going to do it for years now, never actually happens though :) really nice shots, how come the video is so stable? almost looks like the camera is floating instead of actually riding on the bike

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
wow man that is like a moutainbikers wet dream right there, sick single track... almost makes me want to get my old lazy ... back on my moutain bike :p I've been saying I'm going to do it for years now, never actually happens though :) really nice shots, how come the video is so stable? almost looks like the camera is floating instead of actually riding on the bike
In the clips that are super stable, I am wearing a gimbal, uses a motor to keep it stable. I like a mix of that, easy on the eyes and non-stabilized which gives a better impression of the terrain Im hitting. And thanks man! Still learning my equipment but was pretty happy with how that came out.

Doffy, beautiful pics m8 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread