TV Calculator for nic content and VG/PG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristessa363

May 18, 2010
Houston, TX
This is a cool little calculator. I usually do this stuff by hand so I can see all of my options at once (and I just like making charts). I'm still not certain what nicotine/VG level I prefer; I think it also depends on the flavor. To complicate things, I bought a 4oz bottle of VG to experiment. Doublers are one thing, but I think this is going to make my brain hurt. Adding straight VG to a mixture would both increase the % of VG and decrease the mg/ml of nicotine, right? Any simple way to calculate that?

Also, silly question, but how do you bump a post and what exactly does that do?

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
When a thread has been inactive for a while, it sinks down the list -- often to the second or third pages within a forum. A post to bump it has no purpose other than to make it active and to move it up on the list (to right under the stickies.)

Adding straight VG will do 3 things -- increase %VG, decrease nicotine and decrease flavor.

You need to do averages. Let's say your e-liquid is 10% VG and 24mg.
If you use 3 parts e-liquid and 1 part pure VG
(ETA: Note that your VG is 0mg nicotine, 100% VG and has 0 flavor)

Nicotine
24 + 24 + 24 + 0 = 72/4 = 18mg

VG
10 + 10 + 10 + 100 = 130/4 = 32.5%

Flavor
100 + 100 + 100 + 0 = 300/4 = 75%
You will have diluted the flavor to 75% of what it was.
Some flavors will do fine with that (AC, Peppermint, etc.) but some more delicate flavors (I'm vaping Caramel Popcorn right now) might not.

Agrion

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
PA
Along with chainvapor's calculator for calculating TV liquids with doublers I also use the following calculator to help with combining two liquids of different nic levels to create a third, whether up or down.

Calculator for Strengthening or Diluting E-Juice

Credit for this calculator belongs to nesf. I found this link in his signature.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
shoot...i mixed the 30ml bottle of 24mg nic cola with the 15ml bottle of 12mg nic cola and its killing my throat! lol now how do i lower it to around 16-18?

If you had 30ml of 24mg and 15ml of 12mg you should already have about 20mg strength right now. I don't think if you lower it just another 2-4mg it will make that big of a difference. Sorry. But if you buy a doubler, you can lower it to whatever you would like.

CV :vapor:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
shoot...i mixed the 30ml bottle of 24mg nic cola with the 15ml bottle of 12mg nic cola and its killing my throat! lol now how do i lower it to around 16-18?
I agree with CV -- a milligram or two per milliliter won't make much of a difference.

If you buy the 2 ounce doubler, mix small batches until you find a strength you like. You'll be mixing 20mg plus 0mg. To get 16mg you'd mix 4 parts of 20mg + 1 part 0mg (5 parts total.)
20+20+20+20+0 = 80/5 = 16

You might end up vaping this one at something like 15% (3 parts 20% plus 1 part doubler).
20+20+20+0 = 60/4 = 15

Another reason for not mixing it all to a new strength is that the liquid might mellow a bit as it ages and 20mg will work well for you.

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
See the attached file for a REALLY SIMPLE easy to use calculator for VG/PG mix and nic content. Have fun!

CV :D
very nice i made mine with the intent of finding out how much a mixed bottle of fluid cost me, per mix and per ML. i added MG of nicotine but havent tried to add a PG/VG side to it yet. it was based on the mixing chart w/parts in the TV FAQ. i wont post mine here unless someone asks, but it is available on my web site. again CV nice work. :D

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
crashinbrn has a really nice calculator he showed me which not only calculates the nic and vg levels but gives you your cost per ml and total cost also. Very nice!! Hopefully he will post it here soon. Enjoy everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

CV

my big thing when i made this was how much am i spending when i mix a bottle of TV juice.
i used CV's formula's to add to mine so you get cost, nic content, and thx to CV, VG percent.
TVFC spread sheet
happy vaping. and merry christmas to all

and BTW.......ONE YEAR SMOKE FREE TODAY 12-25-2010!!!!!!!

Vaping Monkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Lakewood, CA
www.vapervenue.com
Tasty vapor's been my choice of juice. I was browsing to see if there was a difference in calculation on my iphone ejuice app and the spreadsheet posted here...there's none. I ordered Cafe Mocha and Orange Cream Pop..they're good but Caramel Popcorn is great...gonna order Boston Cream Pie and Rootbeer...I usually mix it with my 125 ml of 36mg nic juice ( I usually go for 10-11 mg of nic in a 15ml bottle.) Thanks for the info though and thank you Tasty Vapor!!!

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
my big thing when i made this was how much am i spending when i mix a bottle of TV juice.
i used CV's formula's to add to mine so you get cost, nic content, and thx to CV, VG percent.
TVFC spread sheet
happy vaping. and merry christmas to all

and BTW.......ONE YEAR SMOKE FREE TODAY 12-25-2010!!!!!!!

Congrats on 1 year smoke free!!! That is AWESOME! I am getting close as you can see in my signature. Happy Vaping and thanks for creating/upgrading the TV calc!!

CV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread