Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That was one of my first thoughts too, but I’ve heard that there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don’t hear much about. I’m sure BT had some lobbyists in there as well.

J.R.

There Is a lot that goes on that is Not Hashed Out in ECF (or other forums) threads. And Entities who choose to remain Non-Public

But I'm not sure how much BT would want to push for moving the GF Date up? It doesn't seem to benefit BT Business Model to have more Initial products in a Regulated Market. Verses having Less.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
There Is a lot that goes on that is Not Hashed Out in ECF (or other forums) threads. And Entities who choose to remain Non-Public

But I'm not sure how much BT would want to push for moving the GF Date up? It doesn't seem to benefit BT Business Model to have more Initial products in a Regulated Market. Verses having Less.
No mater what happens its a win for BT. If the regulations are relatively light they have
a new market for their sales guys to conquer. If the regulations come down as hard as
we have been speculating they have got one huge built in tax write off.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Reactions: MacTechVpr

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

You’re right that BT probably doesn’t think they will benefit from moving the grandfather date, unless they think that their own products will never get FDA approval.

J.R.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You’re right that BT probably doesn’t think they will benefit from moving the grandfather date, unless they think that their own products will never get FDA approval.

J.R.

BT knows that it has Products that will receive FDA Approval.

They do Not Fear an early GF Date. They Welcome it. And their Lobbyists were Not the ones who's Money was Lost.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
BT knows that it has Products that will receive FDA Approval.

They do Not Fear an early GF Date. They Welcome it. And their Lobbyists were Not the ones who's Money was Lost.
Exactly. I bet they already have PMTAs almost ready to file too and all they have to do when the final regs are published is dot a few 'i's and cross a few 't's.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
images (1).jpg

OK Spinners....regulation is on its way, here to stay, hopefully done with circumspect survey.
E.C.F. cross-over? Lets step back a minute!
E.C.F. with hundreds of thousands involved? Hard to not find cross over.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
View attachment 515624

OK Spinners....regulation is on its way, here to stay, hopefully done with circumspect survey.
E.C.F. cross-over? Lets step back a minute!
E.C.F. with hundreds of thousands involved? Hard to not find cross over.
WHAT?!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
When is the date this is going to happen? I can't find any info on that. Tks

There is no date at this point. The final rule was supposed to be done months ago but it was not. This - shipping the deeming from the FDA to the OMB (OIRA) is one of the last things that should be done. I think most are suspecting it to be soon after the first of the year. But that's just a guess.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hope there will be a grace period. I live in Canada but I suspect anything happening in the U.S. will hit us here too. Got to stock up before its too late.

Again, a lot of people have speculated that the 18-24 months wording (where the FDA says there will be a grace period for applications) - that no bans will take place until after. However, they have also said some restrictions could be taken immediately without being very specific. Some have said that the minor (below 18 yrs old) ban and various other 'minor' restrictions may be all that happens. But this hasn't been specified. It could be that IF an application is submitted, that they will hold off on a ban for those products, but I'm not so sure, since again, it isn't written in any specific way.

Best bet is to get what you can now, and hope for the best :- )

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Solicitation Number FDA-16-Tobacco-1143096

"The Food and Drug Administration intends to award contracts to State Agencies to assist in inspecting retail establishments that sell cigarettes and/or smokeless tobacco products and in surveillance of other entities that fall under the scope of the provisions of the Tobacco Control Act."

Sounds like they're assembling a federalized "deemed tobacco" truth squad. Seems like a done deal all wrapped up and gift wrapped. Anybody have the skinny on this?

Good luck.

:)

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh

"The Food and Drug Administration intends to award contracts to State Agencies to assist in inspecting retail establishments that sell cigarettes and/or smokeless tobacco products and in surveillance of other entities that fall under the scope of the provisions of the Tobacco Control Act."

Sounds like they're assembling a federalized "deemed tobacco" truth squad. Seems like a done deal all wrapped up and gift wrapped. Anybody have the skinny on this?

Good luck.

Good! Thousands of B&M owners will get fined or sent to jail and maybe the non-smokers will wake up and realize that this is a basically like the drug war. Why don't we ban cars, beer, junk food, fast food, airplanes, circular saws, wood chippers, and let's make it a mandatory law that everyone has to wear helmets when they go outside because we might fall on our head. Because fatty food is a lot worse then cigarettes, just ask anybody who has to take dialysis. We all at some point will die of something some day, but we should be allowed to enjoy our life rather than fearing life.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
So I am thinking (I know I have been warned not to do that.) would DIY be another entity?
Will they be watching the PG/VG aisle at Walgreens?
:confused:
Mike

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego

Good luck.

How much farther in debt are we going to go to do that? Or how much higher are they going to raise our taxes? Bring on the FDA stormtroopers! Jeeze I thought we live in America not Nazi Germany! Didn't someone say earlier that there's a presidential order/mandate against this kind of crap?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
February 15th, eh? I wonder how that date was chosen?

Some day perhaps mankind will come to realize that all "laws" and "regulations" are actually death threats, and there's no moral justification for the vast majority of such threats, particularly when they are made against people who are doing nothing worse than engaging in peaceful, honest commerce.

In the meanwhile, keep your nic base cold and your powder dry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread