FDA TVECA post table of contents for Deeming Final Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
How much farther in debt are we going to go to do that? Or how much higher are they going to raise our taxes? Bring on the FDA stormtroopers! Jeeze I thought we live in America not Nazi Germany! Didn't someone say earlier that there's a presidential order/mandate against this kind of crap?
This unfortuneatly is the case, since America is now called the Homeland. We are bound to repeat history if we are not educated in it.Does anybody remember how nazi Germany was called the Homeland by Hitler. It just makes me cringe when I hear this repeated over and over now. I thinks Bush jr. started all this.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well I make no apologies for starting a little [moderated] here. It needs to happen here and everywhere. And maybe images of jackbooted thugs breaking down the door to seize our beakers and flasks would be a stretch. But we are headed in that general direction. The FDA routinely lets contracts for police "surveillance" actors in its existing regulatory authority to prosecute (expropriate by fines) those participating in cigarette tobacco sales to minors. Now did we all realize that when vape was deemed tobacco we would be subjecting ourselves to this? No I don't think enough of us thought that through. And I vehemently object to the federalization of state and local police forces to this task. It is for me not much removed from a federal standing army for all intents and purposes. And I will not be a "subject" of the FDA no matter how convenient Congress may consider it is.

Good luck all.

:)

“What good does it do me, after all, if an ever-watchful authority keeps an eye out to ensure that my pleasures will be tranquil and races ahead of me to ward off all danger, sparing me the need even to think about such things, if that authority, even as it removes the smallest thorns from my path, is also absolute master of my liberty and my life; if it monopolizes vitality and existence to such a degree that when it languishes, everything around it must also languish; when it sleeps, everything must also sleep; and when it dies, everything must also perish?...

...When a nation has reached this point, it must either change its laws and mores or perish, for the well of public virtue has run dry: in such a place one no longer finds citizens but only subjects.” ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Last edited by a moderator:

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
So I am thinking (I know I have been warned not to do that.) would DIY be another entity?
Will they be watching the PG/VG aisle at Walgreens?
:confused:
Mike

I doubt it, it'll probably be like cough syrup, you'll need an id to purchase it. The only thing I'm worried about is if e-liguid will be considered a control substance. If it is than we'll be all going to back to Philip Morris. I think what will happen (if this passes) is the house might cut funding to make it impossible for them to go after "offenders." that would be the best case scenario. It's easy for the government to get power but it's very hard to take that power back.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
This unfortuneatly is the case, since America is now called the Homeland. We are bound to repeat history if we are not educated in it.Does anybody remember how nazi Germany was called the Homeland by Hitler. It just makes me cringe when I hear this repeated over and over now. I thinks Bush jr. started all this.

I'm with ya on the cringe. The NYT would have us believe it's roots were the Pentagon. But the whole concept of a militarized federal emergency response started with FEMA under Carter. Shamefully I admit I supported him while he ran as a fiscally moderate Southern Dem (vs. Reagan's unbridled CA budget expansion). FEMA formed the cornerstone of DHS.

Good luck all.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I doubt it, it'll probably be like cough syrup, you'll need an id to purchase it. The only thing I'm worried about is if e-liguid will be considered a control substance. If it is than we'll be all going to back to Philip Morris. I think what will happen (if this passes) is the house might cut funding to make it impossible for them to go after "offenders." that would be the best case scenario. It's easy for the government to get power but it's very hard to take that power back.

I'd really love to believe you're right. But when gov started empowering itself ironically to enforce the property right through the DMCA (Clinton, who I also supported) I and many technologists objected to our peers for the devil in the details. Wasn't long before it was being used to make examples of common citizens for file sharing to the outrageous tune of millions in some instances. I don't believe for one minute this was motivated to protect the rights of the typical rock band. Such creators don't make money because of institution and government but despite it.

An "offender" is always an individual.

Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread