Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
CASAA and e-cig advocacy needs your participation! We've been getting a lot of inquiries to CASAA about how people can help - here is your chance to participate in something important for electronic cigarette users!

There are two surveys we need you to fill out:

CASAA Electronic Cigarette User Questionnaire

This questionnaire is to determine the real life motivations and habits of electronic cigarette users for the purpose of advocacy, education and efficacy. The results will be used in the education of legislators, opponents and laypeople in the effort to debunk the myths and misconceptions about electronic cigarettes. It will also be used to help make improvements in the design and efficacy of electronic cigarettes. Please be as honest and thorough in your answers as possible, even if it seems to be a negative answer. Don't try to analyze whether or not it is "helpful" to answer a question honestly. There is a reason for every question, so it's important we get a clear picture of both the positives and negatives people are experiencing - so be 100% honest with every question. Help us help you!

This survey was a co-operating effort of CASAA, the Vaper's Coalition and the National Vaper's Club - all groups fighting hard to keep your right to vape. For more information about CASAA - the Consumers for Smoke-free Alternatives Association, please go to http://casaa.org.

Link: CASAA Electronic Cigarette User Questionnaire Survey

University of Geneva electronic Cigarette Questionnaire

This survey is for researchers to better understand who users of electronic cigarettes are, how this product is used, and what are the opinions of users of this product. It is independent of manufacturers and retailers of electronic cigarettes and of the pharmaceutical and tobacco industries.

Researchers:
Jean-Francois Etter, Dr. Polit Sci
is senior lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva, Switzerland. He is in charge of the Stop tabac.ch website and is the author of numerous scientific publications.

Dr Chris Bullen, MD
is director of the Clinical Research Unit of the University of Auckland, New Zealand. He directed numerous research projects and has authored numerous scientific publications.

Dr. Bullen is a known and trusted collegue of our friend Dr. Murray Laugesen of Health New Zealand and supported by CASAA and our friend, Smokefree Pennsylvania's, Bill Godshall. This study is NOT designed nor is it backed by anti-ecig groups!

Link: Stop-tabac: Questionnaire for current and former users of electronic cigarettes

Both surveys are MULTIPLE PAGES, so please don't stop until you get to the thank you page on both!

If you already took the Geneva survey, just do the CASAA survey now.

CASAA and the University of Geneva are looking to get at least 1,500 respondents on BOTH surveys, for the most comprehensive results. So please take BOTH surveys as soon as possible.

This is a chance to make a difference and have your voice heard in the fight to keep e-cigs available, effective and affordable. Please take a few minutes and do the right thing.

Finally, please link to this thread anywhere and everywhere you can - other e-cig/vaping forums that you frequent, in the comments of vaping videos, in your private forum groups, in supplier forums and sub-forums you frequent and if you are a vendor, on your website!!

Thank you!!

Last edited:

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Kristen, some questions about the CASAA survey:

1) Is this separate from your survey at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-if-you-took-ecig-user-poll-please-read.html? Should those of us who did that survey also do this one for CASAA?

2) I see that the survey is being done via surveymonkey.com. Are you comfortable that the data gathered will not be publicly accessible? (Important since personal information is being gathered.)

3) I generally won't answer about my income in any data collection which also gets my personal information (name and email.) Could you please make that question (and any others on following pages which might be sensitive to some people) optional?

Tom09

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Germany
3) I generally won't answer about my income in any data collection which also gets my personal information (name and email.) Could you please make that question (and any others on following pages which might be sensitive to some people) optional?

I did not like the juncture between personal data and survey questions, too. I put in screen name and waste-away e-mail address. It should be made more clear how sensible information is handled.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin, some questions about the CASAA survey:

1) Is this separate from your survey at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-if-you-took-ecig-user-poll-please-read.html? Should those of us who did that survey also do this one for CASAA?

Yes, this is separate. Please take this survey even if you did the other one. This is more comprehensive and intended to replace that one.

2) I see that the survey is being done via surveymonkey.com. Are you comfortable that the data gathered will not be publicly accessible? (Important since personal information is being gathered.)

Yes. I knew this was certain to be a concern, so I paid extra to have it SSL encrypted. :)

Name and email address were/are optional, but I just added some text to inform people of that. :)

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I filled out the survey, complete with a somewhat lengthy comment at the end. For some odd reason it then sent me back to the first page and this time prominently stated that name etc. was optional. (I am pretty sure it did not the first time.) I second guessed the personal info and changed that, then since all of my answers were there I clicked back through until I got to the end. Unfortunately my comment was gone and I had neglected to transfer it to notepad before clicking away. I really should know better. :oops:

Kristin, by now you probably know who I am, so if you get one survey under my name and one under my screen name, you will know what happened. I think it probably only took my second attempt without the comment though. :(

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada

Yes, this is separate. Please take this survey even if you did the other one. This is more comprehensive and intended to replace that one.

Yes. I knew this was certain to be a concern, so I paid extra to have it SSL encrypted. :)

Name and email address were/are optional, but I just added some text to inform people of that. :)
Thanks Kristin! That's more than good enough for me, I've submitted my answers.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thanks Mister!

We're up to 77 respondents. Only 1,423 more to go! LOL

Please spread the word folks - you all did such a great job on that informal poll and this is even more comprehensive. And the Geneva survey is VERY important, because it will be published and "official" in the eyes of the "powers that be!"

Last edited:

BCB

ECF Veteran
Done-here are my CASSA survey comments:

I was in the same bind as many other long-time smokers. I couldn't quit, no matter how many times and methods I tried, yet I could SEE how much it was ruining my health and expecting worse to come. So I just beat myself up for my inability to act logically in response to the facts. I saw myself killing myself but couldn't stop. I discovered e-cigs accidentally on the internet when cigarette prices went beyond my means. I'd never seen them or heard of them before (live in the woods and don't have TV). Tried them just to see if they could help--even a little bit. I must say I was SHOCKED at how effective they are! In the month since I started I have had (on average) one cigarette/day (down from 20/day). I think that the addition of snus will allow me to quit cigarettes entirely. I have no plans to quit nicotine. I wouldn't mind cutting the levels down, but I don't worry about that at all. I must say that my family and friends are as amazed (and happy) as I am about e-cigarettes because they've seen my struggles. I've also been pleasantly surprised at how quickly I have seen improved health.

I'm including this mainly to say THANK YOU to everyone who keeps trying in many ways to keep these inexpensive, available, legal, safe and fun for the rest of us. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread