Two SLs showed up in the mail today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Silver vein and TRA hit the mail box today. Not a bad day, all things considered. :)

My SLs...

BHezZPZ.jpg

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Just received my derringer clone yesterday in the mail. Got the center pin out, drilled, and back in ready to rock and roll. Gave all my mods and atomizers a good scrubbing till they were all shiny. Just had to try out the new derringer and man, what a vape!! Hit it out the park on my first build, .45ohm dual coil. 26g, 9 wraps, 1/16 diameter semi center post mounted, wicked with rayon, juice is called Starbomb 75/25 mix. Tastes like a lemon starburst, flavor is exceptional, vape is really good. I can lung hit it still with half the air for a more restricted lung hit just like I like, I think I just found my new favorite atty. I did notice that the center post was knurled where it presses inside the insulator kinda like Tom started doing. This post doesn't spin, so maybe that's the fix for spinning posts. I also have a black delrin cap that I got with it too. Would I buy this atty again, absolutely, I'd recommend this to anyone. I paid $19 for the tobeco clone, the extra black cap, and shipping. Not to bad, I was able to drill the post myself, took like 20 minutes cause I was trying to be extra careful. Here's a few pics of my build.
4c59b0a2ad0b98d92516b24724d7cb49.jpg

763ebc0f6e02f0fec9189824984d4703.jpg

d54693a33355045168aedbab6aca7575.jpg

1daba8892c4d34b73c7d01671d1f9ee0.jpg

Over all, I'm extremely happy with it and I'm planning to get one more and probably try to get rid of some of my less used atomizers sitting in storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Murdered out mod needs a murdered out battery wrap. I personally love the look of the silver vein myself, robs got a SL/LP silver vein with black wrinkle door I've been eye balling.

It normally does rock a battery with a black wrapper. :)

PpJqk9t.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just received my derringer clone yesterday in the mail.
kewl! Glad you're lovin it! Definitely wanting to try those. Heard nuttin but good about em, cept for those center pins spinnin. That's great you were able to BF it yourself!

That's a great lookin mod insw!

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
The tobeco derringer clone I got came with a silver plated brass center pin that you tap out from the base, the center pin was knurled where it's seats inside the insulator, the center pin on my clone doesn't spin. Tom started knurling the pins for the derringers he's modding and said the same thing, he couldn't get the post to spin afterwards, so if that's the case hopefully their wont be anymore problems with the Derringers. I'm loving it! It doesn't leak like others have complained about, so easy to build, great very airy air flow, I dialed down the AFC to half open and could still take a nice restricted lung hit just like I like. Flavor is top notch, equal to or better than my cyclone. My cyclone is hard to beat for flavor, I get better flavor from the derringer than I do the nuppin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread