Two weeks off the fags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne O Donovan

Nov 23, 2015
Good going. When I decided to quit I could go 4-5 weeks without a cigarette and then just think hey ho and I'd spark up. Complete stupidity. I then got my act together and it's been a complete year now since I had a rollup, I started out on 16-18mg strength and as I write this I'm vaping some 2mg strength forest fruits :) I hope to pack nicotine in within the next couple of weeks as it's still the lesser of two evils. Anyhow I wish you luck with your journey. Take care

Well done I was a pretty strong smoker so I'm delighted I think I'm gonna taper over 6-7 months I really want to give up and do it right!

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
Hi Anne, nice to meet you! Welcome to ECF. :)

Stick around here, read a bunch and ask, ask, ask anything you need to know and you'll find something perfect to keep yourself off cigarettes FOREVER!! Lot's of information, help and support on ECF.

Congratulations on your success so far and Good Luck!!

ETA: I agree to stick with what you have if you're getting along fine but, don't let any disappointment with your set up discourage you from vaping. There's room for a LOT of improvement when what you have doesn't meet your needs.

Anne O Donovan

Nov 23, 2015
Apologies for thinking you were from the UK when you are from sunny (hehe) Eire!

Your body will tell you if you are vaping too much, as long as you don't get the sweats, a headache, stomachache/nausea then you are all good :)

It is difficult to say whether you should get something else, if you are satisfied with your kit then you should stick with it for a bit until you know what you are looking for.
My recommendations would be to get into rebuildables, but that does require a lot of reading and all that, to learn how to make coils, check resistance and operate safely.

There is a lot of good kit around that is easy to use (and you don't have to know how to rebuild etc), a Variable Wattage Box mod (with decent batteries) and some kind of sub-tank type thing is very popular. Others may be able to steer you closer to what you want (specific models etc) than I can, as I don't use them personally...

I think I'll stick to what I'm at at the moment it seems to be working sorry I don't understand anything about sub tanks wattage or rebuildables I'm confused!!

Reactions: DoubleEwe

Anne O Donovan

Nov 23, 2015
Hi Anne, nice to meet you! Welcome to ECF. :)

Stick around here, read a bunch and ask, ask, ask anything you need to know and you'll find something perfect to keep yourself off cigarettes FOREVER!! Lot's of information, help and support on ECF.

Congratulations on your success so far and Good Luck!!

ETA: I agree to stick with what you have if you're getting along fine but, don't let any disappointment with your set up discourage you from vaping. There's room for a LOT of improvement when what you have doesn't meet your needs.

Thanks marina I think when I'm more used to the lingo and stuff I'll buy a long term kit I'm a bit confused at the moment can't understand most of it

Reactions: Marina2

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
Thanks marina I think when I'm more used to the lingo and stuff I'll buy a long term kit I'm a bit confused at the moment can't understand most of it

I understand completely. My head was spinning when I got here but in no time things just started coming together. It really is a lot easier than it seems at first glance. Not exaggerating when I say that this is the best place in the world for help and advice and friendly people to help you on your way. The people here go overboard to help each other. :) I'm very grateful I stumbled onto ECF.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I paid €50 for the starter kit which has two battery's two atomisers, a charger and a 35ml bottle of juice is that normal enough?? Thought it was a very good deal

I could add it up for you, but that's splitting hairs. The expense with e-cigs is the ongoing replacement parts and liquids. The atomizers are disposable (I am guessing) and there are a wide variety on the market where you replace the "coil and wick" section. (replacement coils or atomizer head)...

In general a £4 or £5 tank that you throw away is expensive long-term compared to a replaceable coil system. Worst of all though is paying £5 for a tank that is just 60p to buy wholesale. I don't know what brands you have where you are but this is the sort of business that is making e-cigs a lot of money for some UK brands. Basically, the self-proclaimed "top" brands (the ones who control social media, spend lots of advertising, fake reviews all over the internet) are into maximum profit over minimum technology.

Or, put another way - shopping at my supermarket for e-cigs (the 'brand' ones) would cost up to four times as much. That's enough money at the end of the year to pay for a holiday or, in my case, buy a new car after 3 years :)

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Agreed with above.

If you want new kit then start a thread on here asking for advice, stating what you want in terms of cloud size, portability, battery life etc. Then with the suggestions check them out on a site like Fasttech (I bloody love fasttech), see the reviews on there and rake in the savings by buying it from them.
It is free worldwide shipping, it will usually be under two weeks to deliver from China, but it is worth the wait.

Reactions: djsvapour

Anne O Donovan

Nov 23, 2015
Is
I could add it up for you, but that's splitting hairs. The expense with e-cigs is the ongoing replacement parts and liquids. The atomizers are disposable (I am guessing) and there are a wide variety on the market where you replace the "coil and wick" section. (replacement coils or atomizer head)...

In general a £4 or £5 tank that you throw away is expensive long-term compared to a replaceable coil system. Worst of all though is paying £5 for a tank that is just 60p to buy wholesale. I don't know what brands you have where you are but this is the sort of business that is making e-cigs a lot of money for some UK brands. Basically, the self-proclaimed "top" brands (the ones who control social media, spend lots of advertising, fake reviews all over the internet) are into maximum profit over minimum technology.

Or, put another way - shopping at my supermarket for e-cigs (the 'brand' ones) would cost up to four times as much. That's enough money at the end of the year to pay for a holiday or, in my case, buy a new car after 3 years :)
Thanks a mill
Is the replicable coil one hard to use??

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Is

Thanks a mill
Is the replicable coil one hard to use??

No, not at all. First time you need to dismantle properly and install, then it is "do in the dark" easy!
See if you can find iClear16. This is a good example. Not the most modern, but at £1.50 per coil it's cheaper than a new plastic tank at £4 (5 euros no doubt).
There are others, some better, some glass, some bigger etc.
I know new vapers spending £10 a week on plastic tanks from the usual suspects. They can't believe you can buy 5 coils for £6 or £7 and vape for 3-4 weeks or whatever.

Good work and I hope you're able to keep it up. When I first started vaping, the hardest thing for me was convincing myself that vaping would take the craving of wanting a cigarette away . There were many times where I felt that I just needed a cigarette to get rid of the craving even though I had my vape pen. I stuck with it, the cigarette cravings have diminished and i've been vaping full time for a couple years now. My best advice is that any time you have a craving to smoke an actual cigarette, no matter how bad it gets, always have a good vape. Finding an e-juice you really like is also extremely important. Especially in the early days of vaping since many people that start vaping may use the smallest excuse to go back to normal cigarettes, which is the last thing we want deep down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread