Status
Not open for further replies.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
The reason I'm asking is when I quit smoking I didn't have what a lot of you have stated, the coughing gone, better sense of smell and taste, etc.
I smoked a expensive brand [60 bux a carton8-o] a week.
Now that I'm smoke free for 80 days today I DO feel better, breath better, but never had a cough and food tastes the same.
Just curious about the el cheapo brands vs the expensive cigs.Is there a difference in the amount of crap they put in different cigs?
All I'm sure of is that I love vaping my VK WAY more than I ever did smoking!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I smoked Marlboro Mediums for the past 12 years - they had gotten plenty expensive here at around $55 a carton. Every once in a while Marlboro would have a special 3-pack for the price of 2, and they'd send me some coupons for a couple bucks off a carton once in a blue moon. Early on, I started with regular Marlboros, then switched to Kent III's and Carltons back in the '80s to try something lighter. I remember when I first started smoking, cigs were about .30 a pack from a cigarette machine, and a little cheaper at the store. Of course, I couldn't buy them at the store, what with being 13 years old and all.

I've noticed my taste has sharpened quite a bit since I started vaping, and my sense of smell is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Now, to Malboro reds, to mediums, to lights, back to reds. Winston for a bit, back to reds, then Camel wide lights, Kamel reds, Benson and Hedges when I could find them, then to Pall Mall reds when the tax hit!
Then I went to MYO, I bought two crank machines, tried many types of tobbaco's (like a lot of them) before settling on a decent smoke that I could put two cartons together for around $25.

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I smoked Basic's. I always used to joke that they would basically kill me or give me basic cancer. Ya I am a nerd I know. they were a mid cost cig but liked them over anything else. to be quite honest I liked smoking more than vaping but hey vaping won't kill ya. so I will stick with my VK. Been smoke free for 3 months

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
I smoked marlboro medium 100,s and sometimes newport mediums if i wanted menthol. When they went FSC i went PV! I have 9 cartons of non FSC sitting in the closet but since day 11 of vaping I havn't lit an analog. Why would i drag on that nasty thing when i can have banana, toffee, frenchtoast etc...

Its funny that my marlboro juice tastes better than a marlboro now.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
There at the end, (especially when the new taxes hit) I'd buy what ever the least expensive carton there was available. Nasty... Usually smoked a pack and a half a day.

Maybe the cheapo cigs were part of the reason I was really glad to give them up when I found e-cigs!! My taste improved (I couldn't stand salt on food for months!) and my cough went away completely. My last cold didn't turn in to bronchitis (always did before) and went away completely in just a week or two.

I think the changes you'll notice depend on how long you smoked and how much.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
The reason I'm asking is when I quit smoking I didn't have what a lot of you have stated, the coughing gone, better sense of smell and taste, etc.
I smoked a expensive brand [60 bux a carton8-o] a week.
Now that I'm smoke free for 80 days today I DO feel better, breath better, but never had a cough and food tastes the same.
Just curious about the el cheapo brands vs the expensive cigs.Is there a difference in the amount of crap they put in different cigs?
All I'm sure of is that I love vaping my VK WAY more than I ever did smoking!

you never named what it was you smoked.

I'd be curious what an "expensive brand" is since I smoked Marlboros and was paying $70 a carton at the end.

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My smoke of choice was always Camel Lights... although, and I see I'm not alone here, the last several months I started resorting to whatever I could get a deal on (2 pack promo of Marlboro Mediums, Pall Mall blues on sale, etc). Anyway, I was "only" about a half pack a day smoker during my most recent go around (~2005-2009), but I have definitely seen my smoker's cough (a gross hacking morning cough, if you know what I mean) virtually disappear since I quit 3 months ago.

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
I started on Reds, in 93. then i switched to marlboro lights 100's, from 97 till january of this year when they hit 7 bucks a pack. it was costing me roughly 10 bucks a day to kill myself! I switched to pall mall lights until i got my 510. within the first week, i was hacking all the crap out but since then my smokers cough is mostly gone, although my lungs still hurt sometimes in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread