Types of centerpins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
With a "fixed" center pin, the center pin in the 510 connector can not move, it is fixed. So the amount that the center pin extends out beyond the 510 threads never changes. This is generally a good thing for durability.

With a floating 510 pin, the center pin is being pushed down by the coil head or rba section in the atomizer. So if the coil head or RBA section is not screwed down completely, or if there is any variance in the length of the coil head or RBA section, it can cause the center pin to not extend the full amount. This could result in a non-electrical connection.

Last thing. Some atomizers have "adjustable" 510 pins. This is a very nice feature, but can also be a serious problem for someone using a Faux Hybrid connection if the 510 pin on the atomizer works itself back from screwing and unscrewing the atomizer On/Off. If someone is using an atomizer with an adjustable 510 pin, the length that it extends from the 510 threads should be checked EVERY time that the atomizer is screwed onto a Faux Hybrid connection.

Center pins which are not well fixed can get pressed in too far and result in a non-conductive situation. This is frequently seen in ego batteries and some regulated mods.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys, me and my friend are making our own mechanical mod printed by 3D printer - not so common thing in my country lol, and one question came to my mind. What are different types of centerpins? Better question - what are pros and cons of spring loaded centerpin? Are they better then classical ones?

Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to post in:
Liquid Feed APV Discussion Could do a search to see if this topic has been breached before.
Fixed and Non fixed contact pins have pro's and con's like any design problem. Suggest you contact/search for folks who have researched this aspect of pin design. Doubt you will find anyone that can advise in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread