typical life on a Vizion Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
Alright, I tried using the search function and couldn't find nothing in particular to what I'm curious about.

I just got my kGo in the mail, what an amazing PV! This thing stomps all over my standard 510. I have a pair of the Vizion Ego Clearos from HoosierEcig. Part Number - HEC079-2

What is the typical life span of one of these clearos?

Can they be cleaned and re-used or are they only good for one fill?

I am asking because If I can avoid regular cartomizers all together but get about the same amount of time from a clearo then that's what I would like to do. I mainly drip liquid for taste testing, and rather not have to fumble with cartomizers and topping up constantly. If there is a topic on this subject already I apologize.

Last edited:

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
I've got two "Stardust" Vision eGo clearos from March that still work to this day. I ordered two new ones with the flat tip about two weeks ago so I've been using those because they're fresh but the two old ones still work. I guess it just depends on the batch you get. I had one without the lines on the side and it cracked and broke in two weeks. Luck of the draw I guess.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
nice. I found a video that looks like the same version of Stardust I have in regards to cleaning. It's hard finding info on one specific item when there are like 20 different variations. I like the stars, but they really suck up the juice.. I don't feel like I'm vaping to much as the clearo is a good way to regulate it.

I'm curious If the rebuildable Stars suck up the juice like this version does? I might just have to snag a ViviNova, if the Stars are juice hogs no matter what version it is.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I have had three visions. They lasted between one and 4 days each. I am really rough on attys too, though. I guess i need to somehow adjust my vaping style.

I just got two rebuildable stardusts and new heads in the mail today. I'm hoping for longer use from them. Even if the flavor is not as good as an atty, they are great for ease and on the go.

I also bought a pack of phoenix, so I'm hoping to find something good.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I have only tossed 2 of the original Stardusts I purchased May 1st, both due to cracking.I still have 9 in rotation, 4 of them are the newer version that are resistant to juice that causes cracking.
After about 4 fillings on one I will rinse thoroughly with hot water several times then set it up to dry before refilling. So far I have vaped about 20 ml in the oldest one and it is still going strong.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
They are definitely washable. What I do is remove the top cap, remove any leftover juice, put some warm water in (avoiding the center hole, of course) give it a shake (remember to put your finger over the top, lol). Repeat this about 5 times and you can refill with juice and you're good to go. Of course, your first few vapes will be rough (you're sucking the water out of the wick) but I prefer this to the dry-burn method. Of course, I'm using the short-wicks; with the long wicks, I'd just let them dry overnight.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
thanks. That's how I been cleaning it, using my syringe to get out all the leftover juice.. shoot some water in, shake it around, and dry burn it before I fill. that dry burn really helps cook the gunk off, you can smell it when It starts rolling off the coil. I been using two of these now for about 4 days. no issues, have rinsed out and dry burned each at least twice so far. They are the short wicks, but I have two of the long wicks coming. If I like them I might look into the rebuildables. I like the ease of use with these, takes a min to fill.. and only a couple more to clean.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I've got two "Stardust" Vision eGo clearos from March that still work to this day. I ordered two new ones with the flat tip about two weeks ago so I've been using those because they're fresh but the two old ones still work. I guess it just depends on the batch you get. I had one without the lines on the side and it cracked and broke in two weeks. Luck of the draw I guess.

Me too! I wonder if some are just a "lemon" ? Most of mine are months old. I have a few that the top silver collar? came off and I'm saving them, thinking one day I'll glue them back on and they be like new. I think I've over-tightened the tip in these instances and so blame it on user error LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread