U.S.A: PACT Act 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet this guy voted nay:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uusms55NY0M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uusms55NY0M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
This is almost funny when it's so sad.

This is what I see as the future.

FDA rules that E-Cigs are like the Inhalor, and should be regulated by prescription only.

or

The the court case between the E-Cigs/Being a Tob product or not rules it as a Tob product.

Yet this new law passes, and more or less stops everyone from ordering E-Cig supplies. Only places that would still sell them would be the ultra expensive mall shops and so on. Plus if it is ruled a Tob product a massive sin tax is placed on e-liquid at 1usd per Ml if it contains nicotine.........

One way or another we are #@!!ed!

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is just a way for them to ensure that they receive their taxes.

At the present time, its a non-issue for ecig users because they haven't classified our product yet, and therefore cannot collect tobacco taxes on something that's not a tobacco product.

If it is ruled to be a tobacco product, they still have to set up legislation regarding exactly how these will be taxed (by the milliliter, by the gram, per device sold, etc.), so i don't believe those taxes will affect us immediately. Except for any tax that broadly affects all tobacco products, in which case we can just buy in larger bottles to pay less on taxes.

Any vendor that wants to keep their business legal can set up a system on their website that automatically calculates the required tax on every purchase, then all they have to do is send it in. It would be a pain at first, but they'll get used to it and will do it if they wanna keep their business.

My point is, i am certain with every ounce of my being that this will NOT block sales, it will only make them a bit more difficult and more expensive. And on that basis, i am not worried about it because, if the judge decides this is a tobacco product, i will still have full access to everything i need. That is my only concern.

On the other hand, if the judge rules for the FDA, then....... game over :(

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Why can't the be categorized like food or Caffeine? Why does it keep coming back to the drug/deliverything when I get more kick from my Redbull in the morning?
In short, it could be. They could very easily allow it as the UK and south africa has. They could even impose regulations and import taxes to make it an economic booster, if they wanted to. But they don't want to. Why? Well I would speculate that it is because they are greedy, corrupt, evil predators seeking to profit from our demise.
If coffee was taxed at 400% and people started drinking red bull instead I am sure the FDA tests would show red bull to be dangerous addictive and marketed to children.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
If coffee was taxed at 400% and people started drinking red bull instead I am sure the FDA tests would show red bull to be dangerous addictive and marketed to children.
Unfortunately, tobacco products are all of these things. While tax revenue is undoubtedly one of the advantages the anti-smoking nazis will use to convince senators to vote for it the actual intention of the bill is to prevent children from mail ordering stuff they can't legally buy. We all know how effective internet age verification is right?

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Unfortunately, tobacco products are all of these things. While tax revenue is undoubtedly one of the advantages the anti-smoking nazis will use to convince senators to vote for it the actual intention of the bill is to prevent children from mail ordering stuff they can't legally buy. We all know how effective internet age verification is right?

On the subject of age, I can see why high school kids would really want the e-cig. Think about it, you could easily smoke in the bathroom and nobody would know. You could probably get away with it right in class. And your mom wouldn't even smell it on your clothes. So kids under 18 should not be allowed BY THEIR PARENTS to get their hands on these. Now if they were banned don't you think the black market would open up and make it actually easier for them to get along with their drugs? Then you would get thrown in jail for having one on you...?

ShortyBoo

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois
I wish these were around when I was in high school. I used to smoke in the bathroom at school, or I'd leave school grounds during lunch (lots of kids left to get lunch) to have one.

I've only been vaping for like a month and I really don't want to go back to analogs. I would be willing to pay tax on juice, because it would still be cheaper than my old pack-a-day habit that cost me around $140 a month.

I never really did understand, though, why internet orders of analogs couldn't just be taxed. I remember years ago when I was thinking about ordering online (I didn't because my brother did for awhile and they were always stale) something on the news about how people who ordered online would get a bill for the taxes from the state. Maybe this was just Illinois, and it was probably just an idea, but still, it seems like they could do this. So there's really no need for passing this bill. I think more of their taxes are lost by people going out of state to buy more than anything. I know people around here tend to go to Indiana where the taxes aren't as high. I've done it a few times myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread