• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

U.S.A. vs Canadian prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Even with with the exchange factored in I experience "sticker shock" when researching prices.
Started looking for a new mod recently and after watching some reviews on YouTube and reading through some forums decided on a Pico kit. Best price online so far is $55.05 can. but in the U.S., without much searching, have found it for $26.99 u.s. Sure our dollar is weaker at about .75 u.s. but at more then 2x the U.S. price I find it a bit much.

What do you think, are we getting ripped off here in Canada price wise ?

Reactions: ceeceeisme

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
yes most definetly.
i havent found a canadian retailer, either b&m or online, that is not a ripoff excessively priced, but i keep finding myself comparing prices to what canvape.com lists items at, imo fairly reasonable priced unless someone else has another company i could look at as i need to buy some stuff, mod, atty, batteries within the next month.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Vincom I took a quick look at their website and prices seem better then others I've looked at. Might reconsider and order a Cloupor, just will have to read/watch a few reviews.

Am looking for a pocket mod for when I'm out n about until I can afford a Asmodus Ohmsmium in gold, yea I'm attracted to bright shiny things, but at over 200 grams weight before battery it's a bit heavy for a pocket mod and wouldn't want to scratch up that nice gold finish in my pocket !

Thanks for the suggestion.:thumb:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
yes most definetly.
i havent found a canadian retailer, either b&m or online, that is not a ripoff excessively priced, but i keep finding myself comparing prices to what canvape.com lists items at, imo fairly reasonable priced unless someone else has another company i could look at as i need to buy some stuff, mod, atty, batteries within the next month.
I use Canvape and Fasttech for price comparison... if the prices comes out close, then that provides me with a price range that I would expect online from most stores, while I'd consider a 10-15% mark-up from b&m store to be reasonable. Anything beyond that when I want to grab something on the spot, I'll skip and get online.

BuddJohnson

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Nanaimo BC
What do you think, are we getting ripped off here in Canada price wise ?

I think it's more of a reflection of the recent strength of the US Dollar.
The rest of the planet is in the same boat as us with weaker currencies, which effects not only vape goods, but ALL goods from China, because China prices their goods in US Dollars.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
I think it's more of a reflection of the recent strength of the US Dollar.
The rest of the planet is in the same boat as us with weaker currencies, which effects not only vape goods, but ALL goods from China, because China prices their goods in US Dollars.

Hey I live 'bout 20 minutes north of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread