Not open for further replies.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Mine is delivered.
Shipped from 3f on 7/21 arrived 7/31.
Pretty damn good IMO 3f.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts, Todd. I held out until there was some (legitimate, non-YouTube) reviews on it. I was kind of reserved when I saw it took UD 2 years to basically make a larger v1 with a velocity deck. But maybe you can change my mind!

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Trying out a new img host. Tiny0ic is wonky.
blBbVCgN.jpg

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Alright.
Comes in the packaging above.
Inside you get an Allen key, a bunch of
o-rings, and 4 allen screws

Tis direct to battery safe.

Top fill and smooth threading.

Broken down.

Now I will do some side by sides with the V1. V1 is on the left in all pics.

Side air.

Afc rings.

Top fills and chimney diameters.

Deck pics.... :D

Build time! 26g, dual parallel, n80, 3mm, 7wrap, .15ish

That's where I mounted thrm so the air goes under the coils.

Last edited:

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Sooooooo, a quick summary and mild opinion.
Build quality is great, as the threading is smooth and the black color will last. Bigger fill ports are a bonus.
Bigger deck is a pro for me.
Price is an absolute steal.
Comfy 510 tip.
Tank doesn't get hot I'm running 87.5w with the air 1/3 open.(I dig some restriction)
Plenty of air when fully open for cooling and k-louding.
One of the smoothest airflows where I put my coils. I will be experimenting with builds/wicking/positioning over the next few days. Definitely better air than the V1.
No leaks for me.
Running a 78/22 vg/pg mix and it wicks efficiently.
She's easy on the eyes.

Cons for some:
510 tips only.
No single adapter.
25mm and 5.2ml, but shorter than the V1 soooo......

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I just finished my first tank of my first build.
Trimmed the wicks a little more to see what I could get away with.
Flawless performance thus far.
Refilling was a breeze. No tricks like inverting or burping, etc. Just close the afc, fill, cap it and open her up.

Flavor is a tricky thing around these parts, IMO. Most of these RTAs now give great flavor.

Tbh, the only recent atty that a ton of people liked that I thought was mediocre at best, is the Engine Nano. Shelved it after 4 builds and a week and a half.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Different tank from the v1. Wider, dual coil only, and better for clouds. I still want one.:D

Thanks for the review. That was a really nice presentation and the effort is appreciated. I noticed your first build used quite a bit of cotton, even for a 3 mm coil. Was all OK when you trimmed it back some more?

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Different tank from the v1. Wider, dual coil only, and better for clouds. I still want one.:D

Thanks for the review. That was a really nice presentation and the effort is appreciated. I noticed your first build used quite a bit of cotton, even for a 3 mm coil. Was all OK when you trimmed it back some more?
Thanks brother!
Yeah, I thinned out the tail density by a bit after I took that shot.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Thanks, MMW, for the trial run and review! The V2 is a great looking tank and having more room to work sounds fantastic. But the lack of a single coil option means I'll be sticking with my V1's until they rust. And that's fine, since I can build and wick it blindfolded and it delivers all I want as far as flavor and vapor production. It's still a keeper, no need to upgrade.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That looks good. I found if I overwicked my v1, it was easy to get a dry hit. That was my only complaint with that tank, your wicking had to be spot on. Then again I was new to building and prone to screw up my wicking. I'm still just competent, not a wick master, and I'm thrilled when I can get a new tank to wick well on the first build attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread